• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobile merchandise check out - in stores testing

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
This might be a huge help (assuming no bugs) for anyone wanting to buy merchandise. I just notice it popped up in my app - not sure when... I saw it this morning.Screenshot_20211015-090436_Disney World.jpg

I used it at Creations the weekend of the 50th and it applied my AP discount. Mobile checkout did, however, still involve standing in a line to show the receipt barcode. The line was made longer because the reusable bags didn’t have a barcode to scan for purchase. So, some waited in line for mobile checkout, as instructed, to first scan a laminated barcode, checkout online and then show the receipt barcode.

how do they prevent people from stealing? Is there some kind of code or chip?

When I did this at WoD in June, I had to still stop at a CM to verify my checkout/items. So, you still need to make the items being bought available. They had a mesh bag that I used and they told me to keep as I left.

I am looking forward to trying it next year after I upgrade my phone. I can’t download the most current version of MDE, so I don’t have that option. I would love to be able to skip the long cashier lines at World of Disney.

FYI- it doesn't currently work with discounts

I don’t know about DVC or Disney Visa, but I used it twice on the anniversary weekend & my AP discount was applied with no problem. Did it in creations & in the Big Top 50th merchandise shop. It’s been an option for several months, at least since June.

I used it mid-September at World of Disney and got my AP discount. It was super-convenient, but I completed my purchase as I was heading to the door, and even though I had the screen showing I made the purchase, she wanted to see the email receipt, so I had to stand there and wait for the email to come through. Still better than waiting in the line.

We used it 3-4 weeks ago at World of Disney when the 50th merch dropped and it worked very well! They have bags at the stand where you show your QR code, and it did give us the discount.

Tried it at Creation Shop not too long ago and it was a mess of confusion around the mobile check-out area, but they did have barcodes to scan at the podium for the reusable bags. Think I might just stand in the regular register line next time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter