• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mobile Magic and Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich incompatible?

If you could send me the apk that would be AWESOME!! I just got my Galaxy SIII and am going to Disneyland in 2 weeks. I was really looking forward to using the app.

need your email.. I dont think you can PM until 10 posts. So either reply here or wait until you can PM

Sent a PM, Thanks! :goodvibes

I have also emailed the developers. I didnt get much
of a response.
I also know that the app will run on a phone that has ICS/JB. I have it running on my Galaxy Nexus. I just updated to the new 3.0 version from 2.2.1.
I would love to share the magic with everyone. I just do not know the best way of doing it.

So who wants to volunteer to be the test dummy? Shoot me a PM with your google email. and of course I take no responsibility if it blows up your phone.

what is the difference between JB and ICS? My friend and I both have razar (she has reg, I have max). We bought at same time, but she has JB and I got the ICS update. anyone else not like the tiny icons in upper left on home page now?princess:

As soon as I got my Galaxy S3, I tried to reload my Mobile Magic app. It said it was incompatible.

I would have loved to see what information it provided me when in the parks next week, but it's fine.

I have the LINES app from Touring Plans and the app from Undercover Tourist, so that should be enough apps for me to use in the parks.

what is the difference between JB and ICS? My friend and I both have razar (she has reg, I have max). We bought at same time, but she has JB and I got the ICS update. anyone else not like the tiny icons in upper left on home page now?princess:

have your friend check the 'about phone' in settings. I doubt she has JB on a razr. ICS is 4.0.4 JB is 4.1

Jb is a bit smoother(like butter), a bit quicker and adds a few new features.
You can read more here. http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

An official response from Disney reached my inbox today:

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us. We regret that the app is not currently supported on your device running Android 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich); however, please know that we are working diligently to make this title compatible with ICS. Please periodically check Google Play to see if the app will download to your device.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let me know. When writing, please include all prior correspondence in your e-mail reply.

Sincerely,

Fred

Disney Mobile Games

Good to hear, but if they don't have it ready for my ICS phone by the last week of September (which is when I'm leaving), I will be crankier than Donald Duck.

An official response from Disney reached my inbox today:

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us. We regret that the app is not currently supported on your device running Android 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich); however, please know that we are working diligently to make this title compatible with ICS. Please periodically check Google Play to see if the app will download to your device.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let me know. When writing, please include all prior correspondence in your e-mail reply.

Sincerely,

Fred

Disney Mobile Games

Good to hear, but if they don't have it ready for my ICS phone by the last week of September (which is when I'm leaving), I will be crankier than Donald Duck.
I have a HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE running ICS and the app "downloaded" from Google Play just fine. The problem is when I run it, all I get is a white screen with a single menu option of "Exit". I informed Disney Mobile of this and they gave me the exact same form letter that you received. The only problem is I CAN download it, whereas the form letter is suggesting that not only is it not compatible with ICS, but that I should try again later to see if it is available to be downloaded for my phone...which it already is. :rolleyes2

I have a HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE running ICS and the app "downloaded" from Google Play just fine. The problem is when I run it, all I get is a white screen with a single menu option of "Exit". I informed Disney Mobile of this and they gave me the exact same form letter that you received. The only problem is I CAN download it, whereas the form letter is suggesting that not only is it not compatible with ICS, but that I should try again later to see if it is available to be downloaded for my phone...which it already is. :rolleyes2

Is the Dinc 4g officially running ICS? or is it a ROM?

Interesting that you can download it. Also interesting it wont run on your phone.
My curious side wants to know why...

You and me both. I'm not the only one either. One of the reviews of the app in the Google Play store has the same phone as me and has the exact same problem.

I saw a comment from a user with the same phone. Maybe its a phone issue. Which would suck, since the Dev's would have to fix it.

Yah, I'll have to wait until they get it officially working with ICS to know if I am out o luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter