Mobile Broadband - please help

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by Mosleymouse, May 15, 2010.

1. Mosleymouse

Mosleymouse Earning My Ears

We are doing a split stay ( first 5 nights at Port Orleans and 9 days at OKW) and will be taking our netbook for the first time. Here in the UK i have a mobile broadband dongle that i can top up as I go, and this works really well when I am not at home and need to take my laptop with me. ie: if i am round a friends, or at my caravan.
    Does anyone know if you can buy a pay as you go dongle from somewhere like Walmart/Bestbuy which would be ideal for the first 5 days, and times that i will not be in my room for the DVC internet.
    I would be able to leave this in my owners locker and use it every time i take my laptop to WDW.
    By the way, from the research I have done, my Vodafone one here in the Uk will not work out there from what I can gather.
    Even if Port Orleans have the $9.99 per day option, this is a very expensive way of checking a couple of emails.
    If there are any experts out there i would appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance.x

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 15isto2

15isto2 DIS Veteran

I bought a Virgin mobile dongle in bestbuy (i think) near the florida mall last year, cost $99 if I recall. Bestbuy also have vending machines at MCO which sell them!

4. LMC

LMC <font color=green>aka 3senuf<br><font color=dark

You can get Virgin at walmart now so perhaps you can order it before you leave the UK and have it shipped to the resort on your arrival. I just bought one yesterday and at virginmobileusa.com you can find the details on the topups. They start at $10, I think the $20 is the best deal as it gives 15 hours of usage for browsing. I think you can load the device and then purchase your topups online. This is a prepaid so no monthly contracts.

5. johancromy

johancromy Earning My Ears

Mobile broadband is the name used to describe different types of high-speed Internet access wireless via a cellular modem, telephone or any other group of manufacturers device.A telecommunications, mobile handset manufacturers, chipset manufacturers.

6. bermandieB

bermandieB Earning My Ears

I suggest you get Virgin at Walmart now. Its a good buy there.