Mnsshp

hedge333

Mouseketeer
I was getting kind of down reading all of the negative comments on here lately, but have pressed on in the planning of our October trip, trusting that the magic will still be there:) So here are my questions we are contemplating doing MNSSHP:
1-Is MNSSHP worth it? My DDs will be 8 and 5.
2-Which night would be better Sun. 10/5, Thurs 10/9, or Fri 10/10 (assuming that the parties are scheduled at the same times as last year)

Thanks.

We did the party a few years ago. I chose the Thursday party just because it was a few dollars cheaper. It was nice - I was with people who didn't want to wait in long lines, so we didn't do some of the cool things like meet the dwarves or get our picture taken with Cinderellas carriage, but the parade and fireworks were worth the price of admission.

My biggest piece of advice is to take into account how HOT Halloween costumes often are and early Oct is still quite hot in Florida. I was in a grouchy mood all night when we went to the party because my costume was so hot.

We are contemplating it for our Sept trip as well. Even though it's only me and DBF (both mid-20s) we love meeting characters and the villains are his favorite. Hoping I can convince him to squeeze it into the budget.

We went on a Thursday night, not crowded. Most locals pick non-school nights. Trick or Treat is fun and the Halloween parade is the best with outstanding fireworks later. Have a blast.

I was getting kind of down reading all of the negative comments on here lately, but have pressed on in the planning of our October trip, trusting that the magic will still be there:) So here are my questions we are contemplating doing MNSSHP:
1-Is MNSSHP worth it? My DDs will be 8 and 5.
2-Which night would be better Sun. 10/5, Thurs 10/9, or Fri 10/10 (assuming that the parties are scheduled at the same times as last year)

Thanks.

I would do Sunday 10/5 based on last year's sell outs. Both the Thursday and Friday of Columbus Day weekend last year sold out. We go every year, and it is our favorite Disney event. The parade and fireworks are well worth the price to us.

ETA: Here is the link to my guest list thread from last year. You can see which dates sold out in green. I am not sure if the final party ended up selling out or not, though. This thread can also give you some great costume ideas...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104844

Go on sunday! Locals tend to go on weekends, making it even more crowded!

:)

We have always like MNSSHP. It is fun time to dress up for adults and go into the park. I have always wanted to put on my wedding dress and get a photo in front of the castle.

Just dressing up and getting on the bus is fun. The looks you will get.

Our son enjoys the candy walk and meeting characters along the way. The rides don't have long lines and there are characters out that you normally won't meet.

I say go and give it a try.

Our kids were 8, 6, 3 and 15 months when we went. We stayed til midnight but I still felt like we didn't really get much done. I personally didn't think it was worth the money but the kids loved it and want to do it again this year.

We felt like the crowd level was too high but we did not follow advice to go to the second parade. We went to the first parade because we had an early morning the next day and didn't want to stay late. The first parade was the most crowded I have ever seen the MK. We were miserable.

If we do it again, we won't plan anything for the next morning and will do rides during the first parade (we aren't big character-meeting people) and watch the second parade and stay until the party closes. :)

MNSSHP is my favorite part of every trip. We went when our kids were 3 and 5 and then 5 and 7. This year they will be 7, 9 and... 15 months. :)

We are also going to MNSSHP for the first time this year with a 4 and 11 year old.

I just need to contact guest services since we have 3 tickets from years ago when they did the pirate and princess party and I had a broken leg. They said they would keep them on file and I could use them for any hard ticket event, even if it is sold out, but just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row :)

We are also going to MNSSHP for the first time this year with a 4 and 11 year old.

I just need to contact guest services since we have 3 tickets from years ago when they did the pirate and princess party and I had a broken leg. They said they would keep them on file and I could use them for any hard ticket event, even if it is sold out, but just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row :)

Oh wow! I sure hope they have a record of that. That is some major pixie dust given by the person you spoke with. Good luck!

Oh wow! I sure hope they have a record of that. That is some major pixie dust given by the person you spoke with. Good luck!
Thanks, they have it since year before last we were going to go and then had to change our minds and I had called and had it written down but of course that notebook is gone :)

The guy we spoke with that night was very nice, and at one point he said I will make sure that even if you walk up to the window Christmas Eve and want to go the sold out MVMCP I could. We just never seem to go during the events, always around May-June so this should be fun especially since my kids are Octoboer babies, and my oldest's birthday is on Halloween.

I would do Sunday 10/5 based on last year's sell outs. Both the Thursday and Friday of Columbus Day weekend last year sold out. We go every year, and it is our favorite Disney event. The parade and fireworks are well worth the price to us.

ETA: Here is the link to my guest list thread from last year. You can see which dates sold out in green. I am not sure if the final party ended up selling out or not, though. This thread can also give you some great costume ideas...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104844

THANK YOU for the link! :thumbsup2 Very informative thread!

Last year was the first time I attended the party, and I think it was worth it, and I'm saying that even though it was a sold out party. You'll see reports saying "it was so crowded!" because everyone tends to congregate in the same areas, but we really didn't think it was that bad.

I'm not a huge Halloween person, but everyone in my party dressed up, and that was fun. Thanks to Josh's site (easywdw.com), I had a precise plan of what I wanted to do. A lot of people from this site will contribute to the official thread, which is nice since you'll know exactly what to exact. The fireworks are good, and the parade was probably the best parade I've ever seen. Your daughters sound like great ages for it -- you should definitely go! :thumbsup2

MNSSHP is a blast, but like everything else WDW, you need to plan! We make it a sleep in morning. Maybe some pool or shopping time in the afternoon. We arrive at MK around four. We hit the attractions that close early, Tiki Room, Country Bears, etc, before our traditional dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Fueled up, we head out for some attractions/meets.

We do not go to any trick or treat lines or the most popular meets. These are huge time wasters early into the party. We find our usual spot and enjoy the parade and fireworks. Our family usually divides at this point. I love the parade! A couple of my kids and I stick around for the second one, while the rest of our family hits attractions.

We then get back together for some more attractions before turning our attention to the trick or treat trails. Plenty of candy, but little to no wait now. We fill our bags rather quickly and have still have more time for dance parties or rides.

We make sure to head to HM right around midnight. It is our last ride of the night. We love walking out of a nearly deserted park.

I find most people who complain about the party concentrate their efforts on the character meets or early trick or treating. Who wants to carry 20lbs of candy throughout the night? And stay away from Main Street in the early hours of the party.

What constitutes a "sold out" crowd? Do we know how many tickets Disney makes available for each party?

We have done both the Xmas and Halloween parties... LOVE LOVE LOVE MNSSHP!

We attended the party on Halloween, which is one of the busiest dates, and found the crowds heavy, but still walked on to many attractions.

The fireworks show was in full swing when we rode BTMRR which made an awesome backdrop while zipping around the mountain.

Also, HM broke down for a few minutes so we were stuck staring at the casket that opens up, which was pretty cool.

Being from Wyoming, it was the first time my kids got to trick or treat without wearing heavy coats and snow boots!

Going back this October, mainly because of the MNSSHP. (F&WF too, of course!):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter