Mnsshp

nicbic97

Mouseketeer
I see that this event takes place beginning at 7 pm. Is the park closed down to regular visitors or is there a seperate area for this event? Do you have to buy a magic kingdom ticket and a halloween party ticket for this event or only the halloween party ticket if you go at 7?

Thanks!

You only need a ticket to the party. Therefore, it is closed to any one who does not have a party ticket. Historically, you can start getting into MK at 4 PM with your park ticket.

so are the rides available to ride or can you only participate in the halloween party events?

If you are at the party (have paid for a ticket), then you can ride rides, do event stuff, sit on a bench and watch the whole world go by if that's what you choose. You will be given a wristband and will/may be asked to show it for much of the evening, even standing in line to meet a character.

ok so I want to make sure I an not confused. We can just pay $60 for this mickey halloween party and we get access to all of magic kingdom and can ride the main rides without having to buy a regular park ticket? :banana:

ok so I want to make sure I an not confused. We can just pay $60 for this mickey halloween party and we get access to all of magic kingdom and can ride the main rides without having to buy a regular park ticket? :banana:

Yes, you got it! Also, don't forget you can get into the park at 4:00 with the MNSSHP ticket even though the party doesn't start until 7:00.

BTW - I am just up the road from you...I live near Jackson, TN. :goodvibes

As pp have stated. If you want to go to MK before 4:00pm, you will need to purchase a park ticket. After 4:00pm, all you need is a party ticket. The park will close at 7:00pm to any guests without a party ticket.

Some attractions were closed during the party so you'll need to do them before 7:00.

Comparing the park guide and the party guide for last October these were the closed attractions:
-Jungle Cruise
-Tiki Room
-Country Bear
-Tom Sawyer's Island
-Swiss Fam Treehouse
-Hall of Presidents
-Riverboat
-Carousel of Progress
-WDW Railroad
-Main Street Vehicles

Also, only a limited number of food places were open during the party.

Thanks to everyone for all the information! We are going on a disney cruise 9/29 and don't have time to go to the parks so this will be an awesome and inexpensive way to go to magic kingdom :cool1:

Plus DS loves halloween :scared1:

Hi Stacey C! We are neighbors:thumbsup2 I used to go to Jackson all the time for work. I see that you go to WDW every year. Do you ever drive? How is the drive? How do you break up the travel?

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Some attractions were closed during the party so you'll need to do them before 7:00.

Comparing the park guide and the party guide for last October these were the closed attractions:
-Jungle Cruise
-Tiki Room
-Country Bear
-Tom Sawyer's Island
-Swiss Fam Treehouse
-Hall of Presidents
-Riverboat
-Small World
-Carousel of Progress
-WDW Railroad
-Main Street Vehicles

IaSW will not be closed during the party. This was probably an erroneous holdover from when IaSW was down for refurb in October 2010.

Yes, and you get the best parade ever, plus the best fireworks (find a spot near the castle)! Candy, and bands playing for dance parties. Fun, fun, fun!

IaSW will not be closed during the party. This was probably an erroneous holdover from when IaSW was down for refurb in October 2010.

Thanks. :) That one seemed odd to me, but I couldn't remember if it was open last year. I went back and corrected my list.

Hi everyone,

Apologies to ask a question that has probably already been asked but, with regards to MNSSHP, do you have to dress in costume? We've never been to any WDW event and are thinking of trying this out when we visit. Not to sound like a spoil sport - we'd all love to dress up - but coming from the UK for two weeks I doubt there will be enough room in the suitcases for four costumes!

I suppose we could always cheat and dress as 'typical tourists' and just stand still in the most awkward place looking at the park map... :)

Thanks in advance :wizard:

-Jungle Cruise
-Tiki Room
-Country Bear
-Tom Sawyer's Island
-Swiss Fam Treehouse
-Hall of Presidents
-Riverboat
-Carousel of Progress
-WDW Railroad
-Main Street Vehicles

When we went to MNSSHP in September 2011, Carousel of Progress, Country Bear and Hall of Presidents were all open. Its possible they may have closed them for later parties, but we definitely went on them in September at a party.

Hi everyone,

Apologies to ask a question that has probably already been asked but, with regards to MNSSHP, do you have to dress in costume? We've never been to any WDW event and are thinking of trying this out when we visit. Not to sound like a spoil sport - we'd all love to dress up - but coming from the UK for two weeks I doubt there will be enough room in the suitcases for four costumes!

I suppose we could always cheat and dress as 'typical tourists' and just stand still in the most awkward place looking at the park map... :)

Thanks in advance :wizard:

No you do not have to. In fact, I'd say most people don't dress up. We had no interest in dressing up and we did not feel out of place. there are enough people who do dress up though where you wouldn't feel out of place dressing up either.

Hi Stacey C! We are neighbors:thumbsup2 I used to go to Jackson all the time for work. I see that you go to WDW every year. Do you ever drive? How is the drive? How do you break up the travel?

Yes, we have driven several times. We prefer to fly, but we are a family of 5 and it is hard to justify the price of flying when we can drive for a fraction of the cost in 12 hours. We usually drive straight through. My favorite was our last trip (in March), we left around 4:00 p.m. on Friday and checked in at POR around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Surprisingly, a room was available. So, we unpacked really quick and went to bed. We slept until noon, got up and headed to the MK. Sleeping there on Saturday morning made us feel like we had a "bonus night". Of course, don't count on a room being ready. We just thought it was worth a shot to check and we were willing to sleep in the car for a while if we needed to. But, it all worked out perfectly for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter