MNSSHP.... yes or no???

TxDisFans

Mouseketeer
Back to WDW, hopefully Oct.... hooray!

This will be our first fall visit... is the Halloween Party worth it?

DD will be 9, DS 6.... we are not big parks-at-night people, and I'm not eager to collect mounds of candy....but they love Halloween and getting dressed up.... opinions?

I know many people love it.... anyone NOT enjoy it? Why? Help me decide if it's worth it!

DO IT!! Outside of marathon weekend, this is my favorite WDW event to go to. I try to go every year, and even though not a lot changes from year to year, I STILL love it every time!

The costumes, the music, the atmosphere - SOOOOOO fun!!

And hey, I'd personally be scared to death to go to that other park during Halloween. I may be a wuss for doing the Disney-fied version, but I'm not ashamed to admit it. MNSSHP tickets are well worth the extra price, IMHO.

Absolutely a huge YES. You need to do it once. The parade itself is worth going for.

we were wondering the same thing. My husband was actually the one that said we should go. He said since it's for a limited number of people it might be like 5 hours of EMH and plus the fireworks show only shows on party nights

I would definitely go to the MNSSHP again! We didn't really get any candy (About 5 pieces at one spot) and didn't dress up. But had tons of fun! It really seemed like we rented out the park ourselves, it was like a ghost town there. All of the rides were walk right on, and the fireworks were cool too! In fact, I might plan a weekend trip in Oct some year just to do the party again...

It's definitely the best special event night in my opinion :) it's so unique and it's great that everyone dresses up! Plus some really rare characters are out so it's lots of fun! :thumbsup2

Do it! My kids last year were 7,4,4. We are not late night park goers but the parade was fantastic! that is all the kids talk about. We didnt collect any candy and I dont remember doing any rides. We did all the dance parties, special meet and greets, parade, fireworks etc.....

So fun that we are going back this year!

This whole thing is about opinions isn't it?

Personally, life is short and I'd rather try something, at least once, if I'm inclined.

I've been 3xs and enjoyed it.

It's all about who you're with and what you like.

So, if you decide to go, enjoy your usual activities/rides at MK in the evening with a neat
parade and fireworks to boot. :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone - very encouraging! I guess it's worth the $$$ and the overtired kids! I was worried it would actually be more crowded despite the ticketed event part....

Follow-up question:

Would you go on a Thursday or a Friday (this is right at the start of Columbus day weekend, so.... crowded, potentially)?

Definitely go!! We went for the first time last September, and it was a great time! Make sure you get your photo taken with the hearse outside the Haunted Mansion. They add a ghost guest to your picture!

Personally, I say yes. But, you know your family best. Don't buy them in advance - see how you feel and see what the kids want once your there. I'm sure you will still be able to get them if you decide to buy a day or two before the event - even the day of probably.

Thanks everyone - very encouraging! I guess it's worth the $$$ and the overtired kids! I was worried it would actually be more crowded despite the ticketed event part....

Follow-up question:

Would you go on a Thursday or a Friday (this is right at the start of Columbus day weekend, so.... crowded, potentially)?

One year we even bought the tickets the day of the event while we were in
the park.

I wouldn't be concerned unless it was the actual night of 10/31.

Earlier than that, I think you'll be o.k.

does anyone know the dates for the MNSSHP 2011. we are going the last week in September.

If you do a board search the speculative dates are out , the OFFICIAL dates released by Disney are NOT.But they should be out any day now with tickets going on sale around MAy 1st.

I'm going to chime in with another big "YES, you should do it!" We love MNSCHP. It's a unique experience and so much fun, as many others have already attested. :goodvibes

We are going to WDW in October and can't wait for the Halloween party! It will have been 3 years since we were there at that time of year, so we're stoked. My preference is to go on a week night when the crowds seem to be lower. Probably Sunday night would be good, too, but I imagine the Friday and Saturday parties draw more people who live close enough to just drive in specfically to attend the party. (And of course, I'd avoid Oct. 31!)

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter