• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP wrist bands change every night?

I wasnt asking to cheat the system. I was asking Bc We are annual pass holders and didn't realize that they gave additional bands for the party. We thought we scanned our magic band. Well we arrived around 9:30ish, watched the parade and met up with friends by splash mountain. We then went to the candy Lane and they asked for our band. Our friends then showed up their bands, so we then had to go all the way back up front, they referred us to guest services we had to wait forever in that line, then they finally gave us a band. But that took over 30 min, we then went to the hocus pocus show, which was then cancelled due to rain. I just felt like we wasted a lot of time walking back to the front, waiting in first services and also waiting for the hocus pocus show which was then cancelled

Oh good grief, half my response was missing. We went to the candy line and the cast member asked for our bands. Which we showed our magic bands. They said we needed an additional band, which our friends then showed us theirs.

We had the printout of our tickets and no one gave us a wristband. I don't know why they didn't give us a wristband. Our friends asked the same thing. We did have another friend that showed up at 10:00 but she hadn't bought a ticket before and it was sold out so they wouldn't sell her a ticket. But we had bought and printed ours out. Even guest services was confused why we weren't given a wristband and apologized numerous times.

Normally from 4p on they give you a wrist band for the party as you enter the park. If you are already in the park that day, by having tickets for that day as well as the party, they have spots where they issue wrist bands inside the park.

Yes I know that now. My friends got there at 7:30 and they gave them a wristband when they entered. Apparently they screwed up when they didn't give the three of us a wristband when we entered. We just were frustrated bc we wasted around an hour walking back from sash mountain, walking back to the gate, then waiting in line at first services.

The Party wristbands aren't given out at the tapstiles. Guests have to walk over to a wristband CM who places a wristband on each guest. The tapstile CMs don't remind anyone to pick up a wristband... but at that time of night they should have at least directed you to the wristband CM.

Sorry to hear of your frustration. Under the old system, two times I lost my park ticket. (time one- a metal loop of the ticket holder I BOUGHT at WDW broke.)

In both cases I was stuck going all the way to guest services to get another, and it kind of ruined our evening. (missed ADR and missed a good chunk of EMH)

I've also been to several parties where the wristband wait was way too long, IMO.

Thankfully they are one step ahead of this.

:thumbsup2 No doubt many people have tried in the past to use last Tuesday's party wrist band when they're in the park at a later date with an AP or regular ticket.

Maybe for such a late arrival to the party, there is only one wrist band CM remaining and the OP overlooked him/her.

Our friends got their wristbands at the gate. Guest services stated we should have gotten ours at the gate before we were even let in.

The wristbands are put on after your party tickets are scanned and you have passed through the tapstile. By 9:30 there was probably only one CM with the wristbands since most party goers would have arrived much earlier so most likely you missed one another.

I wasnt asking to cheat the system. I was asking Bc We are annual pass holders and didn't realize that they gave additional bands for the party. We thought we scanned our magic band. Well we arrived around 9:30ish, watched the parade and met up with friends by splash mountain. We then went to the candy Lane and they asked for our band. Our friends then showed up their bands, so we then had to go all the way back up front, they referred us to guest services we had to wait forever in that line, then they finally gave us a band. But that took over 30 min, we then went to the hocus pocus show, which was then cancelled due to rain. I just felt like we wasted a lot of time walking back to the front, waiting in first services and also waiting for the hocus pocus show which was then cancelled
I'm sorry if you took my post personally. I should have said "one cannot cheat the system by using a wristband from one party to attend subsequent parties", but it comes across as pretentious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter