MNSSHP? Worth $62pp????

3Miracles

Earning My Ears
Hello Again!!
So Seeing the Schedule Come out for the Halloween Party, I see the Price is $62 for an Adult and about that for a Child LOL. Can you Tell me if its HONESTLY Worth that Much?? I see Trick or Treating, Dance Party, Parade, Face Painting, and Fireworks, but I can do all that During the Day, Minus the Face Paint, Fireworks at Night, Parades all day and Go get them Candy at the Store!! I just want to know if its Really Worth staying up that Late for that much Money???

S/N: On the Dates of this Party, Anyone Know the Closing Time of MK???

Thanks so much!

Hello Again!!
So Seeing the Schedule Come out for the Halloween Party, I see the Price is $62 for an Adult and about that for a Child LOL. Can you Tell me if its HONESTLY Worth that Much?? I see Trick or Treating, Dance Party, Parade, Face Painting, and Fireworks, but I can do all that During the Day, Minus the Face Paint, Fireworks at Night, Parades all day and Go get them Candy at the Store!! I just want to know if its Really Worth staying up that Late for that much Money???

S/N: On the Dates of this Party, Anyone Know the Closing Time of MK???

Thanks so much!

Yes, honestly. To me, it is "worth it". Worth is subjective.

On MNSSHP and MVMCP nights, MK closes at 7:00p for day guests, 12:00a for party guests.

Yes!!! It's definitely worth it! This will beour third year attending theparty. We specifically go during October just so we can go to theparty. The Halloween parade and fireworks are our favorite of all the parades and fireworks. The park will close at 7:00 pm for those who are not attending the party. Give it a try....I think you'll love it!

Absolutely worth it. It's our favorite type of time to visit the parks - lighter crowds, special events, etc.

YES. It is Totally Worth It!!!

There are advance purchase dates that will shave a little off your ticket cost. MNSSHP has a ton of value. You can enter MK at 4pm, people and kids dress up, special lighting and effects are everywhere. MK completely transforms from the usual park to something unique. Plus all the scheduled things to do, the parades, the music, the fireworks, the candy. I would recommend this event to anyone, regardless if they bring children or not. :)

Note, last year we skipped MNSSHP and went to WDW in November with MVMCP. We all agreed that MVMCP was ho-hum. But we all enthusiastically wanted to go again next time during MNSSHP season!

Agreed with everyone else; we've been three times and found it well worth the money each time. The Boo to You parade and Hallowishes are almost worth the price of admission by themselves!

I too personally think its worth it. I think the whole experience is something to be enjoyed and shared. Of course you can go to a store at get candy and do trick or treating at your home, It will save you money BUT to me its alot more then that. My kids 2,4 & 5 at the time still watch the videos of the parade online. They loved it that much!
:thumbsup2

I used to say it wasn't worth it........'used'.

Went for my second MNSSHP last year, and realized that I just didn't do it right the first time and had an amazing time. After that time, I realized it was easily worth the money.

I used to say it wasn't worth it........'used'.

Went for my second MNSSHP last year, and realized that I just didn't do it right the first time and had an amazing time. After that time, I realized it was easily worth the money.

Jabali, what didn't you do "right" and what did you do differently to enjoy it more?

I'm not sure what I paid in the past, but then it was worth it to me. I'm thinking it was closer to $45.

I'm thinking $62+tax might not be worth it for me. I'm debating on just this for MVMCP. We'll be there five nights and three of them are MVMCP dates. That really puts a strangle hold on touring plans.

Is face painting included in the cost of the tickets? If so, how long do you typically have to wait to get it done?

Absolutely! The first time we attended MNSSHP was simply because it was our last MK day and we didn't like the thought of being ushered out at 7pm. I still think of those initial tickets as one of the best Disney purchases I've ever made. The entire park atmosphere was transformed. We enjoyed a fantastic parade, stunning fireworks and zero wait for any attraction. We did 4 loops on Big Thunder without having to get off.

Ever since then, we make sure to purchase tickets for at least 1 night of our October trip and sometimes, if the budget allows and I don't go t-shirt/sweatshirt purchasing happy, we sneak in a 2nd party.

No, honestly for us it isn't worth it. We went in 2011 (kids were 7 and 9) and had fun, but we won't do it again. We enjoyed the parade and HalloWishes, but our kids had no interest in meeting or dancing with characters, and the candy was a pain to lug around. The only way we'd do it again would be if we were there for a short trip and we didn't do a park that day. Since we've always gone for 4+ days, it's much cheaper to add an extra day at a park than pay for MNSSHP.

$62 is a lot of money, it wasn't too long ago that a one day ticket to the parks cost that much.

That being said I do enjoy MNSSHP, and we'll likely go again this year. I would try to choose wisely about when you go, because crowds will make or break your experience. Try for a weeknight, and earlier in the season the better. I'd avoid the parties around the first weekend of F&W because you'll get extra guest traffic around then, and also avoid the parties around the TOT 10 miler-weekend because many people will be in town for that event. I'd also avoid Halloween week if you want to get the most bang for your ticket buck.

YES!!

The parade and fireworks alone are worth the price of admission. If you go on a non-park day, you can get in at 4 PM with your ticket. So for $62 you get 8 hours worth of park time AND those awesome fireworks/parade.

I did it for the first time last September and it was honestly one of the most fun evenings I've ever had in a Disney park (and I'm an adult with no kids).

Haven't been yet, but based on what I've read and my experience with MVMCP it seems worth it to go at least once if it is something you can afford.

Since you can go there at 4pm, perhaps you don't need a regular park ticket that day. That could help you save on some of the cost (although 1 less day after 4days only saves you about $10). Or maybe you don't need park hoppers if you are able to do two parks on one day like this?

ETA: As previous posters said, to get value out of it, make sure you know what's offered, what your family would like to prioritize, utilize the full 8 hours and go on offpeak times!

We've only been once, but we LOVED it. In fact, this year we waited to go until October so that we do MNSSHP again. The parade and fireworks were amazing and my kids loved seeing some of the more unique characters that they had not met before. We had already been to Magic Kingdom and done all of our "can't miss" the rides and attractions in the days prior to attending the party so there was no pressure from that aspect, but we did get to ride all of our favorites again as wait times were very short for us.

Absolutely worth it. It will be our 2nd year going :)
The parades and fireworks alone are worth it.

When I saw prices I had same thought. I've done it before had loads of fun but at 58.00 ish It's getting a bit out of my budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter