Mnsshp with a 2 yr old

NloveW/Disney

Mouseketeer
We have a 2 yr old daughter and were wondering if it would be worth the extra expense to go to this party or we should just hold off and try to do it when she is older. I've been to the Christmas party and didn't think that was anything too great, but I've heard a lot of people like the Halloween one. Is it really less busy? Is there anything that might scare a little one her age? We don't really plan on standing in line to see characters , but I think she'd enjoy the parade. Id hate to Pay the extra just for a parade though, so is there anything else at the party that would make it worth it for us to go. Thanks in advance for any help/input.

I was just about to write this post word-for-word! We will be at WDW with our 2 year old son and are wondering the same things.

orbaya said:
I was just about to write this post word-for-word! We will be at WDW with our 2 year old son and are wondering the same things.

Lol, well hopefully someone can help us out! We're going at the end of september so I really need to figure out if I want to buy these or not.

Never been to the MVMCP so can't compare the two. We go every year and wish we had done MNSSHP sooner. Now, we even skip buying a park ticket for that day. We sleep in, swim at the pool, took naps (when dds were younger) and you can get in MK at 4:00 PM, but the party doesn't start to 7. We usually eat dinner before party starts. Then, it is your choice. Do you want pictures with characters you normally can't get? Do you want to photograph your children in dance party with Disney characters? Or, do you want to take child on rides with little to no wait? You can trick -n- treat with your child while you are in a costume. We have a lot of fun!

My daughter was 2 when we went last year. She loved trick or treating around the park and dancing with all the characters at the dance parties. I love the Halloween Party and it's definitely the best parade in my opinion. :)

We took our boys last year when they were one week shy of being 2. We will be returning to WDW this year and will not be attending the party. We have been attending the parties for 10 years (with a few misses). back in the early days they were not nearly as crowded. Now, they are just packed. I also do not think they are that special. The Halloween candy is pretty pitiful (cheap). The parade is one thing that does standout. The fireworks may be seen from other locations. Also, we have found that a lot more park guests manage to stay through the first parade and fireworks. Last year we saw tons.

Things you need to consider is the overall cost. It is expensive (even with a free 2 year old). How into the Halloween thing is your child? Do they get trick or treat, will they wait in the lines for the characters (some of the ones not seen anytime other than the parties get very lengthy), can they make it until the end of the party?

When our boys are older we might go back, maybe once. It is a very expensive night and as crowded as they have been the past few years it would be a one time event.

NloveW/Disney said:
We have a 2 yr old daughter and were wondering if it would be worth the extra expense to go to this party or we should just hold off and try to do it when she is older. I've been to the Christmas party and didn't think that was anything too great, but I've heard a lot of people like the Halloween one. Is it really less busy? Is there anything that might scare a little one her age? We don't really plan on standing in line to see characters , but I think she'd enjoy the parade. Id hate to Pay the extra just for a parade though, so is there anything else at the party that would make it worth it for us to go. Thanks in advance for any help/input.

My daughter was almost two for our trip and she loved it so much that we are going back again this year. In my opinion it is worth it! It's not just a parade it the fireworks, villains our, characters and park guest dressed up, TRICK OR TREATING!!! Why wouldn't you standing line for characters that aren't normally out and about?

Last year when we went it was not packed at all.

We decided NOT to take our will be 2 year old DD this year. At home, she's in bed by 8 and even at WDW we can stretch her to 9, maybe but then she's asleep. We decided it wasn't worth the money for her to be asleep in an hour or having to leave if she gets fried and hits major meltdown mode. We will wait until she is older and will take a long nap before and will be able to participate and remember some of it. That's what we decided but we go twice a year so its easier for us to put it off.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We go EVERY year and we look forward to it ALL year long! I have 3 kids and have taken them all at 2 years too! THey LOVE it and so do we! It's great!

I LOVE this special ticketed event. MNSSHP is my FAVORITE!!
I don't think 2yr olds are charged park admission if I remember.
Mine are 3 and 6. We will most likely get a sitter for our kids and go alone. For this reason- it's an evening event and our kids are just not able to enjoy themselves at night at WDW, they end up slumped in the stroller while we drag them around.
the night parades like MSEP and Spectro or fireworks like Wishes have not been attainable for us yet, we did MSEP last year, but went to the park just for that and then left. They just are too tired at the end of the day. And one of our kids is allergic to high fructose corn syrup- so she's not allowed to eat candy (most of the candy is junk IMO) But it does look cool shooting from Goofy's Candy Co Float at the end of the awesome parade
AND they dislike villains.
But this is just my family, and I see many kids enjoying themselves there.

We were very much considering this with our 2.5 yo DD. Now we have decided to wait and see how she does in the parks. We would hate to go ahead and buy the tickets and then have meltdowns every evening.

Thanks for all of the input. It seems pretty split on opinions on whether it's worth it with younger kids. We've talked about it, and I think we are going to try it because who knows if/when we'll get back for Halloween again, plus DH REALLY wants to take DS.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm a little unsure if she'd be able to stay up for it. I don't plan on keeping her up late every night of course but one night wouldn't hurt if she was Ina good mood at least. Would we be able to buy tickets once we are done there? Meaning do you think they will still be available and not booked completely. We are going for 10 days so we should have a couple of different days to pick from.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm a little unsure if she'd be able to stay up for it. I don't plan on keeping her up late every night of course but one night wouldn't hurt if she was Ina good mood at least. Would we be able to buy tickets once we are done there? Meaning do you think they will still be available and not booked completely. We are going for 10 days so we should have a couple of different days to pick from.

I think you will be able to buy tickets. As I said in a previous post, they are obviously selling more per night than they used to because they are so much busier than 10 years ago. When we were there in mid October last year, every night that they had a party still had tickets available.

I think that is my best bet then. I'll take a costume down for her, and then we can decide while we are down there. Thanks for the help!

We went 3 years ago with my then 8 year old and she was overwhelmed b/c it was quite crowded. I thought the parade was great but the kids didn't enjoy the trick or treating as much as I thought they would. There were no ride lines at all, just a lot of people crowding the park itself. Going in November this year and going to try again with the Christmas party.

My 3 year old daughter and I went last year and had a great time. We didn't even trick or treat. We just gabbed a few chocolates on the way out. The parade was great and she loved the dance party with Woody and Jesse. Plus the rides were pretty much walk on so we rode whatever she wanted. Also, I think the tickets were cheaper if you purchased them early. There was nothing she found scary although she wouldn't go for a picture with Malefacent!

My 2 year old will be going, she is the youngest in our group - me, DH, DD6 the GPs and SIL so she'll be along for the ride. I'm assuming both kids will end up passing out at some point but hopefully they'll make it to the fireworks!

we took our 4 and 7 year old and they loved it but agreed see how everyone is holding up I am sure you will be able to get tickets last minute .Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter