MNSSHP...what are YOU going to dress up as???

hawky7

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Hi all!!! So excited that dates have been officially announced!!! YAY!! :cool1::cool1: Now we can all start planning our costumes!!!

So DH and I have gone as Jack and Sally from Nightmare the last 2 years, I do love the costumes, but want some new ideas...If I was super crafty, :wizard: I'd figure out how to make Wall-E and Eve costumes, but alas that will never happen. :sad2:

So what are all of you going to dress up as this year??? :worship:

spirit halloween store has a wall-e costume.

My DD is being wishy-washy, she won't know what she wants to be until the halloween store opens. DS is most likley going to be Captain Hook and I am most likely going to be Alice in Wonderland.

An adult size costume??? Omg i must look!!!

spirit halloween store has a wall-e costume.

My DD is being wishy-washy, she won't know what she wants to be until the halloween store opens. DS is most likley going to be Captain Hook and I am most likely going to be Alice in Wonderland.

We are dressing as the cast of Peter Pan:
DS(2) will be Peter
DD(4) as Tink
DD(6) as Tiger Lily
DD(9) as Wendy
DH and I as pirates

I want to keep it simple, re-usable and easy to pack! In 2009, my teenaged sons and I were the crew of the Enterprise- I was the Captain, my eldest was the science officer and my youngest was the 'red-shirt'- they're always the first ones to get blasted on nearly every episode. (He even has a different red tee shirt that says, "Wait.. what color is my shirt?? Oh NOOOOOOOO!!!"

At the party, the Mad Hatter asked us to make sure to keep the universe safe from Tribbles.

Anyway- this year, I think we will again keep it simple and go as a package of M&Ms. Maybe not terribly creative, but easy to get, pack and comfy to wear. I'll be green (it's the only female M&M) my 17 year old will be blue and my 15 year old will probably be orange.

There is still time however, so I may change my mind.

Decisions, decisions...
We have sooo many ideas running through our heads (fiance' and I). This will be our first MNSSHP, so we are definitely going to dress up. He loves Captain Hook and the hitchhiking ghostie. Im thinking as going as Lilo, cuz I know it will be warm. Found this dress, I think it looks similar to Lilo's
6582_1090146_DZZ_RDS_mn.jpg

Megara is another option.

I dressed up as Belle a few years ago, and will probably use the same costume this year if I can....ahem...still squeeze into it. :blush:

DH was Charlie Brown....I know...not very Disney. But, it was so cute...He's already bald, and short with a round head. So, we got him a Charlie Brown shirt, and I painted a curly cue on his head just like Charlie Brown's hair.

DS (5) is going to be vampire Mickey. I started his costume last year....lol....umm...hope he doesn't grow past what I anticipated.

The only thing that I will say about an adult dressing up like a Disney character is that if you resemble the character closely, it's possible that children and adults will stop you in the park unless you very obviously look like you're part of a group. I can't claim to have Disney princess looks, so I hope this doesn't sound vain, but I was stopped in the parking lot of our hotel when a small girl exclaimed, "look Mommy, Belle is at our hotel!" and she ran over to me. I didn't know what to do, so I just played along. Her mom wanted a photo, so I took a photo with her. I was stopped in front of the park entrance to take photos with children, and I was stopped in the park many times to take photos with adults and children. I didn't mind at all...in fact, it was kind of fun. But, it did cut into our touring time. So, if you would mind "playing the part," then I would pick a character you look nothing like. I should have been Cinderella or Ariel...the dark brown hair would have given me away in a second. ;)

Have fun with all of your costumes!! pirate:

I love that Lilo dress. So pretty. We are going on a cruise first that has a pirate night ... So to kill two birds with one stone, we're going to be pirates. But, Not just ordinary pirates. i've got a crearive twist. I'll share pics later if I can figure out how. We're also doing the pirates league.

I dressed up as Belle a few years ago, and will probably use the same costume this year if I can....ahem...still squeeze into it. :blush:

DH was Charlie Brown....I know...not very Disney. But, it was so cute...He's already bald, and short with a round head. So, we got him a Charlie Brown shirt, and I painted a curly cue on his head just like Charlie Brown's hair.

DS (5) is going to be vampire Mickey. I started his costume last year....lol....umm...hope he doesn't grow past what I anticipated.

The only thing that I will say about an adult dressing up like a Disney character is that if you resemble the character closely, it's possible that children and adults will stop you in the park unless you very obviously look like you're part of a group. I can't claim to have Disney princess looks, so I hope this doesn't sound vain, but I was stopped in the parking lot of our hotel when a small girl exclaimed, "look Mommy, Belle is at our hotel!" and she ran over to me. I didn't know what to do, so I just played along. Her mom wanted a photo, so I took a photo with her. I was stopped in front of the park entrance to take photos with children, and I was stopped in the park many times to take photos with adults and children. I didn't mind at all...in fact, it was kind of fun. But, it did cut into our touring time. So, if you would mind "playing the part," then I would pick a character you look nothing like. I should have been Cinderella or Ariel...the dark brown hair would have given me away in a second. ;)

Have fun with all of your costumes!! pirate:

Just an FYI...... If you dress too close to the real thing at the park, they will warn you not to stop and sign autographs, or they may ask you to leave. They don't want any confusion for the little kids.

Very sweet of you to stop for the little girl though! :goodvibes

Just an FYI...... If you dress too close to the real thing at the park, they will warn you not to stop and sign autographs, or they may ask you to leave. They don't want any confusion for the little kids.

Very sweet of you to stop for the little girl though! :goodvibes

Glad I didn't get thrown out in that case...lol! I understand why Disney wouldn't want imposters posing as the real deal; I'm sure there is a lot of training that goes into being a character. There was a man dressed as Prince Charming who looked exactly like Prince Charming, and I also saw a dead ringer for Cinderella and a very close match for Cruella. People get very creative and detailed with their costumes. It's so fun to see.

I have two thoughts at this point, but I want to see what the DW wants to do. Maybe we'll try and do something together, if not maybe seperate.

Idea one, is going as Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series. They have costumes you can buy online, that are okay in price. Might just have to take part of a paycheck to buy one.

Idea two, not very disney like, however I am thinking of Dr.Horrible from Dr.Horrible's sing a long blog. The idea of going around dressed up as a evil doctor with his Ph.d in Horribleness is just appeasing.

Not sure whatelse I could do. However this leads me to ask this. What are the rules and guidelines for the parties? I think I've read that masks are a no-no. However my other thought/question is what the the rule with accessories? Sora carries his keyblade, looks like a big key. I just don't want to possibly make one/buy one and find out I can't bring it into the park with me.

Glad I didn't get thrown out in that case...lol! I understand why Disney wouldn't want imposters posing as the real deal; I'm sure there is a lot of training that goes into being a character. There was a man dressed as Prince Charming who looked exactly like Prince Charming, and I also saw a dead ringer for Cinderella and a very close match for Cruella. People get very creative and detailed with their costumes. It's so fun to see.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! :goodvibes mom2rtk!!!! I didn't even realize you were on the disboards! I ordered my blue provencial Belle costume from you years ago in an adult size...I think it was the first one you ever made! It was so great that people actually mistook me as the real thing. Your userid looked so familiar to me, and I just remembered. It's a small world afterall. :flower3: Sorry, I am now finished hijacking this thread. :blush:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! :goodvibes mom2rtk!!!! I didn't even realize you were on the disboards! I ordered my blue provencial Belle costume from you years ago in an adult size...I think it was the first one you ever made! It was so great that people actually mistook me as the real thing. Your userid looked so familiar to me, and I just remembered. It's a small world afterall. :flower3: Sorry, I am now finished hijacking this thread. :blush:

Well hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed your costume! :goodvibes

I'm dying to get back for MNSSHP myself, but am usually too busy. And I don't tolerate the heat very well. We went for MVMCP last year. I think I might just start a trend of adults dressing up for the Christmas party. Let's just say....... heat wasn't a problem for that!

I'm glad you said something. Nice to see you here!

There are 13 of us going. The boys plan to do a Pirates of the Carribean Theme(hopefully we can get them all into the pirates league on MNSSHP night). The girls are going to do a peter pan/ fairy theme. I just wish they made adult fairy costumes of some of the other fairy's like fawn & Rosetta. The only one I can find is Tink.

You can wear a mask if your eyes show through. DH has worn his jack one to 5 parties and no one has ever said anything... We get the same thing with our costumes...people stop and ask us for pics, i know the rules, and i will say sure just so long as you know we arent official disney. Lol. I dont want to get in trouble!!!! But it sure feels fun to be a "character" even if just for 8 hours...

My husband & I will be doing at least 3 parties cause we dress up different for each. 10/31 tradition of us in our victorian ghost costumes, another night raggady ann & andy, new this year is a night as Bellatrix Lestrange and Severus Snape (still working on em). Then if we do more than those we'll just play it by ear.:dance3:

Well hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed your costume! :goodvibes

I'm dying to get back for MNSSHP myself, but am usually too busy. And I don't tolerate the heat very well. We went for MVMCP last year. I think I might just start a trend of adults dressing up for the Christmas party. Let's just say....... heat wasn't a problem for that!

I'm glad you said something. Nice to see you here!

WOW!!:flower3: I just saw all the costumes you made for your daughter.. you are a very talented lady. :)

My husband & I will be doing at least 3 parties cause we dress up different for each. 10/31 tradition of us in our victorian ghost costumes, another night raggady ann & andy, new this year is a night as Bellatrix Lestrange and Severus Snape (still working on em). Then if we do more than those we'll just play it by ear.:dance3:

Do you ever sell costumes??? Like take requests and sell? :) you know where i'm headed with this right?? Lol...

Last year: DD12 was a bee, well a bee shirt with a bee headband. I was Ms. Twister. It was hot at the end of October, so instead of having DD make me a twister dress out of the twister game, we made a sash. Then we both had canvas bags for TOT with designs that would glow in the dark. Mine was the twister spinner, complete with spinner.

this year, no idea what dd is going as. I am either going as a snorkeler or a scuba diver (with paper tanks and foam flippers over my tennis shoes.

At the moment I'm planning on going as Rapunzel but it could change. I love fancy dress and now I know we're deffinately going I have so many ideas as to what I'd like to go as :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter