MNSSHP ticket question

cheriemek

Mouseketeer
We purchased 6 day tickets although we will be there 7 days. The first day we will hang out by the pool, and then go to MNSSHP. Since this requires a special ticket, it should not count against our 6 days. However, since we will be wearing our Magic Bands, will WDW think we are using Day 1 of our tickets??

It SHOULDN'T, but I read here somewhere that last year people had issues with this, can anyone confirm? The last time I did MNSSHP was pre-Magic Bands. This year, I got the hard ticket mailed to me, and I plan on bringing and using that to avoid any issues!

Our Halloween tickets were not on our magic bands. You shouldn't need to scan them to get in. They will scan the paper ticket and that is your admission to the park along with the very stylish halloween party wrist band they put on you. The only time that you would have to scan your MB is if you charge something to your room or use dining/snack credits.

Last Sept. when we went to the MNSSHP that's how it worked for us even though we had the 8 day park hopper tickets (so we spent the morning at the F&W Festival and the evening at the MNSSHP). They didn't scan our magic bands other than for our ice cream snack before the parade.

If we choose not to take our MB since we have printed MNSSHP how would FP+ work?
You will have to take the printed ticket confirmation to a ticket window at the TTC or outside the main entrance. They will then issue you an RFID card with the ticket on it to use FP+

We put our 4:00-7:00 FP+ on our MagicBands and just used our hard ticket for entry to avoid that same fear. Worked fine.

Could you elaborate on this, I am curious. Using OP as example, they have 6-day tickets, and will be using MNSSHP on a non-park day, so 7 days in the parks. With 6-day tickets, they can book FP+ in advance for 6 days. I assume they would need to link their MNSSHP tickets to their MDE account in order to book FP+ in advance for 7 days, now including the 4pm-7pm window on their party day? Then they would enter the MK with their hard MNSSHP tickets, not their Magicbands, so as not to use a day off their 6-day tickets. Once inside they could use Magicbands for their FP+ between 4pm-7pm.

Our experience last year was the same as cgattis. Our tickets were linked to our MBs but we used our hard ticket to enter and then used our MBs while at the party.:flower:

Could you elaborate on this, I am curious. Using OP as example, they have 6-day tickets, and will be using MNSSHP on a non-park day, so 7 days in the parks. With 6-day tickets, they can book FP+ in advance for 6 days. I assume they would need to link their MNSSHP tickets to their MDE account in order to book FP+ in advance for 7 days, now including the 4pm-7pm window on their party day? Then they would enter the MK with their hard MNSSHP tickets, not their Magicbands, so as not to use a day off their 6-day tickets. Once inside they could use Magicbands for their FP+ between 4pm-7pm.

This is what we did last year for the Christmas party, except I think we used our tickets for the FP+ entry also. So you can use either tickets or MB for FP.

This is very interesting. It never occurred to me that my non-park/party day could be mistakenly counted as a park day. Thank you, OP for asking a great question.

Last year between 4 and 7 they had the "turnstiles" (what are they called now?!) on the right hand side specifically for the Halloween Party. I went to GR beforehand to make sure the party ticket was prioritized and she said if we went in on the right hand side it would only pull the party ticket. If we went in on the left side it would pull a regular day ticket. We purchased the party tickets from the concierge at Caribbean Beach a few hours beforehand and they didn't give us an option to get a card...just put it on the MB. Everything worked out okay.

We utilized our hard tickets for entry and our MBs for FP+ but we know others that linked the MNSSHP to their MBs (took their hard tickets with them also just in case) and did not have any issues what so ever. You will have a blast! Don't miss the Gravediggers Dance during the parade...sparks fly when their shovels come in contact with the concrete!

Can you choose not to link the tickets to your MDE and MB? If we did that I guess we couldn't use FP+ from 4-7, right? I am getting ready to order our tickets for the last party and didnt know if they would automatically link or if I have to link them.

Can you choose not to link the tickets to your MDE and MB? If we did that I guess we couldn't use FP+ from 4-7, right? I am getting ready to order our tickets for the last party and didnt know if they would automatically link or if I have to link them.
Mine showed up in my MDE automatically after purchase. I don't know if they can be unlinked :confused3

I confirmed with a CM last year because I had the same concerns and he said the MNSSHP specific tapstyles will search for the MNSSHP ticket only, even between 4-7 PM. After 7 (after 7 only a party ticket would work at all). You can have the tickets prioritized as well, but it is largely unnecessary. I believe that this was a problem the first year they were using MDE and MagicBands, but most of those bugs have been smoothed over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter