MNSSHP--Roll call for Sept. 15

Add us to the list of Double Dippers going to MNSSHP the night before our embarkation day... we must be insane! :confused3 We are going to be the tired looking group in the terminal Saturday morning...hopefully with face paint still on! ::yes:: I don't know how we're supposed to fly in, hit MNSSHP and drive to the port all on the 15th...but we're gonna' do it (if our flight's not delayed) I'll go get the other double dippers from the cruise meets who have decided to come to the party to come say "hi"

Incidentally, if you buy the tickets and your flight is delayed (we fly in MCO at 5:00pm) can you get a refund for MNSSHP? I know they're not refundable generally speaking... but wishful thinking......If we miss the party on friday, we'll need consolation drinks at the "sail away party" on Saturday :rotfl:

WldWcnWmn said:
Incidentally, if you buy the tickets and your flight is delayed (we fly in MCO at 5:00pm) can you get a refund for MNSSHP? I know they're not refundable generally speaking... but wishful thinking......If we miss the party on friday, we'll need consolation drinks at the "sail away party" on Saturday :rotfl:
I doubt they would give you a refund for that because that's not in their realm of control. If it was something on their part that caused you to not be able to attend MNSSHP (i.e. they canceled it or some other reason), then I could see being given a refund. But otherwise I'm pretty sure they stick by their non-refundable policy.

mking624 said:
I doubt they would give you a refund for that because that's not in their realm of control. If it was something on their part that caused you to not be able to attend MNSSHP (i.e. they canceled it or some other reason), then I could see being given a refund. But otherwise I'm pretty sure they stick by their non-refundable policy.

I figured that was the case...hopefully all will be fine and we will make the party and the ship! Fingers crossed!

OK you all, I need your HONEST opinion for my costume . . . and warning . . . don't laugh -- I am serious.

I am trying to not pack a whole lot of things for my trip so I thought, "why not go to the Emporium that day and buy a pair of cute PJ's (that cover everything and do not show anything - I am pretty conservative), a pair of Mickey house shoes, buy a Winnie the Pooh bear, wear some cute Disney barretts and go dressed like that for my costume".

I am about 40 years young.

Is that costume idea for MNSSHP dumb? :confused3

I don't think that's dumb....I think it's adorable!! If your hair is somewhat long, put it up in pigtails as well!

mking624 said:
I don't think that's dumb....I think it's adorable!! If your hair is somewhat long, put it up in pigtails as well!

Hmm -- I might be able to pull that off! Thanks! :banana:

Another set of double-dippers! I just found out a couple of days ago about MNSSHP being on the 15th! We will be exhausted the next day too! But as long as I get on that ship, I'll be fine :thumbsup2

Does anyone know of good websites for children's halloween costumes (other than Disney Direct)? DD8 wants to be a genie, and now I've got to locate one about a month ahead of schedule! Will DH and I be out of place if we don't dress up?

JNorris said:
Another set of double-dippers! I just found out a couple of days ago about MNSSHP being on the 15th! We will be exhausted the next day too! But as long as I get on that ship, I'll be fine :thumbsup2

Does anyone know of good websites for children's halloween costumes (other than Disney Direct)? DD8 wants to be a genie, and now I've got to locate one about a month ahead of schedule! Will DH and I be out of place if we don't dress up?

Believe it or not ebay is a good place for costumes! Also, there's www.deadmentellnotales.com for good pirate gear (we got a lot of stuff from there for the cruise) and try www.buycostumes.com. I don't think you'll look out of place without costumes...not everybody dresses up - but it is fun if you do. I didn't want to pack my pirate garb, I was going to send it to the ship prior to sail date but now I am going to rethink my packing to see if I can fit the pirate stuff into our lugagge. If you don't wear a costume, consider getting your face painted at WDW - it's part of the fun at the halloween party and it's free. :artist:

My SO and I will be there Sept 11-16. I'll probably be the biggest, hairiest guy on the property. Will probably be a pirate at MNSSHP.

JNorris said:

I bought ds' pirate costume from this site:

http://www.costumecraze.com/child-costumes.html

They have a variety of costumes for kids, adults, and even pets!

I have to thank you pixiedust34! I don't know how since I'm on here everyday, but I never knew until today when I saw a post of yours that MNSSHP was this early! We are there from 9/10-9/17.
I was so excited, I called my TA right away, ordered my tickets and she even got me a table at LTT for 4:15! It will be a magical night and to think I almost missed out on it.

3princesses4us said:
I have to thank you pixiedust34! I don't know how since I'm on here everyday, but I never knew until today when I saw a post of yours that MNSSHP was this early! We are there from 9/10-9/17.
I was so excited, I called my TA right away, ordered my tickets and she even got me a table at LTT for 4:15! It will be a magical night and to think I almost missed out on it.

We will be at LTT at the same time. If you see Wonder Woman, Catwoman and the Punisher :thumbsup2 Say Hi! :wave2:

cocowum said:
We will be at LTT at the same time. If you see Wonder Woman, Catwoman and the Punisher :thumbsup2 Say Hi! :wave2:

Cool! My big job for the day is to figure out what we are going to wear! I know oldest DD will be Belle in her blue dress though. I'll look for Wonder Woman!

disneyaggie said:
OK you all, I need your HONEST opinion for my costume . . . and warning . . . don't laugh -- I am serious.

I am trying to not pack a whole lot of things for my trip so I thought, "why not go to the Emporium that day and buy a pair of cute PJ's (that cover everything and do not show anything - I am pretty conservative), a pair of Mickey house shoes, buy a Winnie the Pooh bear, wear some cute Disney barretts and go dressed like that for my costume".

I am about 40 years young.

Is that costume idea for MNSSHP dumb? :confused3

Debbie, I think it's a CUTE idea!! Go for it girl! :cheer2:

disneyaggie said:
Thanks! And hey, with the opinion coming from a Texan, well, podnuh, that holds some mighty fine clout! :banana:

Woo hoo! I'm so excited. I can barely contain myself now! :banana: WDW here we come! (and I'm saying "we" for everyone here!)

B

Hi 3princesses4US AND cocowum!

My family will also be dining on the 15th at LTT- 4:05. I have no idea what costumes or even if we will do costumes.
There will be 4 of us..DD7 and DS12.

My kids have no idea about MNSSHP or even about the trip. :rotfl:
We plan on telling them the night before we leave. Hopefully I can come up with a great idea soon. I know it will be HOT!!! Have to think of something lightweight and cool. :cool1:

I can hardly contain myself! :woohoo:
:wave: See ya there!

Me, my husband, and son have finally decided what we're doing for costumes.
My son changed his mind and is going as a ghost. . . . .and for confort reasons me and my husband have decided to do Halloween shirts made at zazzle.com
So, anyone at the party or Liberty Tree Tavern (our ADR is for 5:45) spotting a 5 year old ghost with a guy wearing this:
90719stevenshirt-thumb.JPG

and a pregnant woman wearing this:
90719jordanasshirt-thumb.JPG

(yup, lime green)

that will be us! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter