MNSSHP Questions

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
Is this geared to young kids only? It will be me, DH, DD16 and my daughter thinks it looks really fun.

Also, would it be silly for us to dress up? Something simple maybe.

Where can I find sold out nights?

Can we just buy a ticket for this event and not have a regular ticket?

How early can we get in that day?

Thank you in advance.

1. Is this geared to young kids only? It will be me, DH, DD16 and my daughter thinks it looks really fun.

2. Also, would it be silly for us to dress up? Something simple maybe.

3. Where can I find sold out nights?

4. Can we just buy a ticket for this event and not have a regular ticket?

5. How early can we get in that day?

Thank you in advance.

1. No.
2. No.
3. Late October parties typically do, more and more each year it seems.
4. Yes.
5. 4:00p with just the MNSSHP ticket.

Its SOOOOO much fun and my DD16 loves it. If you have never been and you like Halloween then go. If you are not a Halloween fan you might wanna pass. But its the best party Disney has!
We all dress up (husband myself DD16 and DS13)
Some parties sell out Halloween is already sold out not sure about others

Are all the rides open?
Would there be FP+?

No FP+ during the party. But attendance at parties is limited so you don't really need it. A few attractions are closed - Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents are the ones I recall currently.

What date are you looking for? Oct 31 is sold out. I have 3 10/29 tickets (for me and twin DDs-16) that I might not be needing now (long story). Does anyone know if it's against the rules to re-sell them?

Do Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarves have a photo pass person at them? We are thinking about splitting up and having my dd and I waiting for the dwarves and my mom and ds will wait for Jack and Sally. Those are the characters the kids want to see but they can't agree on which set to see (so they'll each see the ones they want). My dh and I have a very nice camera, but I will only be in one place at a time, so I thought we'd send the camera to the one that maybe doesn't have a photo pass person.

We are thinking of going on oct. 13.
It is a 4 night trip and we are focusing on good and wine festival.
We thought this would be fun for one night.

No FP+ during the party. But attendance at parties is limited so you don't really need it. A few attractions are closed - Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents are the ones I recall currently.

also swiss family treehouse, tom sawyer's island, the riverboat. I imagine (but cannot confirm) that Carousel of Progress is closed too.

As far as the OP's concerns go, the MNSSHP is definitely not just for little kids. It's for anyone that loves Disney and Halloween. The parade is awesome as all get-out (but be warned, the song they play will be stuck in your head for DAYS afterwards), the fireworks are great as usual. One of the things I loved most was just going into the dance party and hanging out with Disney villains. There's also special food treats and super short ride lines.

also swiss family treehouse, tom sawyer's island, the riverboat. I imagine (but cannot confirm) that Carousel of Progress is closed too.

As far as the OP's concerns go, the MNSSHP is definitely not just for little kids. It's for anyone that loves Disney and Halloween. The parade is awesome as all get-out (but be warned, the song they play will be stuck in your head for DAYS afterwards), the fireworks are great as usual. One of the things I loved most was just going into the dance party and hanging out with Disney villains. There's also special food treats and super short ride lines.
Just a heads us to the OP -they apparently aren't having the villains dance party this year just the monsters one in tomorrow land

What date are you looking for? Oct 31 is sold out. I have 3 10/29 tickets (for me and twin DDs-16) that I might not be needing now (long story). Does anyone know if it's against the rules to re-sell them?

Party tickets are technically non-refundable and non-transferrable. Disney sometimes will allow you to switch dates, if that helps at all.

Do Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarves have a photo pass person at them? We are thinking about splitting up and having my dd and I waiting for the dwarves and my mom and ds will wait for Jack and Sally. Those are the characters the kids want to see but they can't agree on which set to see (so they'll each see the ones they want). My dh and I have a very nice camera, but I will only be in one place at a time, so I thought we'd send the camera to the one that maybe doesn't have a photo pass person.

They both have photopass, so no worries!

Party tickets are technically non-refundable and non-transferrable. Disney sometimes will allow you to switch dates, if that helps at all.

If you haven't used the ticket yet, you can sell it or give it away. Only partially used tickets can't be used by someone else.

You can absolutely transfer/sell party tickets (we moved nights around between members of our group after they had already been assigned to one person). The easiest way would be to become 'friends' through MDE with the person you are selling them to and just reassign them in MDE (you can remove them from your friends as soon as the tickets are reassigned).

You may run into problems if you have FP+ booked with the tickets for that day, so you may have to cancel those to move them.

I know this has been asked before just wanted to make sure... what time can we enter the park for MNSSHP? We will be coming from the "Dark Side" this year....

I know this has been asked before just wanted to make sure... what time can we enter the park for MNSSHP? We will be coming from the "Dark Side" this year....

Unless they change it this year, you can enter at 4pm with your party ticket. The first party is tonight, so i'm sure we'll start getting confirmations soon!

Piggybacking on this - how can I be sure to just use my Party Ticket for the night, and not take off a day of my Hoppers? Do I just print out the MNSSHP ticket and use that at the gate instead of my MagicBand?

When I first booked our trip, I was not intending on my family going to MNSSHP since we did it twice before (thought we would save the money and possibly do something else). Both of my girls (14 and 12) really wanted to go because it is really fun (I do have to agree with them), so with a twist of an arm (it really didn't take too much twisting BTW), we will be attending the 10/16 party AND we are dressing up as Inside Out characters....I will be Riley, DD14 will be Disgust, and DD12 is dressing as Joy. We are super excited about it, unfortunately DH didn't feel like attending this year so instead he will be having dinner at Teppan Edo and watching Illuminations at Epcot. Even though we can enter the park at 4pm with our party ticket, we will be going to MK during the day as well, we will just part ways with DH after we have our midday break.

Piggybacking on this - how can I be sure to just use my Party Ticket for the night, and not take off a day of my Hoppers? Do I just print out the MNSSHP ticket and use that at the gate instead of my MagicBand?
Supposedly they've fixed the problem of them using the wrong ticket. If they do use the wrong one, guest relations can easily fix it. But I've heard that you can go to guest relations and have them 'prioritize' your tickets so that your party ticket will be read first.

We're staying DVC and we just decided to just add two fake guests to our reservation using our middle names and we have our party tickets on those magic bands (and that way we also have 6 FP for those days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter