MNSSHP Pics - 9/22

makinorlando

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting
Here's a link to my Photobuckt folder for MNSSHP. There are separate sub folders for the parade and Hallowishes.

Firework photos aren't fabulous - I was standing in the middle of Main St, without a tripod..... my arms were TIRED!

Parade photos were taken from the Train Station platform... also not as great as I had hoped -still working on my nightitme photography skills! I get another chance on the 12th!!!

Slideshow - general photos
Fireworks
Boo to You Parade

makinorlando said:
Here's a link to my Photobuckt folder for MNSSHP. There are separate sub folders for the parade and Hallowishes.

Firework photos aren't fabulous - I was standing in the middle of Main St, without a tripod..... my arms were TIRED!

Parade photos were taken from the Train Station platform... also not as great as I had hoped -still working on my nightitme photography skills! I get another chance on the 12th!!!

Slideshow - general photos
Fireworks
Boo to You Parade

Great pictures! Which parade was that because I see lots of free spots.

Also, I asked in another thread but where did you see Melificent? Thanks!

Nice pics! We did a lot of research before we went and chose a spot on the Country Bears Jamboree side of Frontierland for pics. We did so because the lighting is focused down on the street with not as many light fixtures to detract from the photos. Now if the rain hadn't been coming down in buckets, we would have some great shots to share. The video I shot came out very good, so we are thinking of trying the same spot for MVMCP parade in December.

I think you still did pretty good with the Boo to you shots, and some of the fireworks look pretty good as well. DH always carries his monopod to the parks and he even got a tiny mini tripod for the last trip, it can be strapped to a tree or light pole even.

Weren't the grave diggers great?

Beattyfamily--we saw Maleficient at the Villians Mix & Mingle in front of the castle, she comes down after the show for photos.

Great pictures!! I loved them. Thanks for sharing.
I will be going to attend my very first MNSSHP on 30th Oct and 31st Oct.
I know it'll be PACKED, but still I'm hoping to enjoy it, :-) :cool1:

Awesome pictures!

Boo to you - Happy Halloween!

(do you have that song stuck in your head too? heheh)

beattyfamily said:
Great pictures! Which parade was that because I see lots of free spots.

Also, I asked in another thread but where did you see Melificent? Thanks!

That was the 10:30 parade.

We found Malificent at the Dance Party by Ariel's Grotto. She did photos & autographs there.

welovedis said:
I think you still did pretty good with the Boo to you shots, and some of the fireworks look pretty good as well. DH always carries his monopod to the parks and he even got a tiny mini tripod for the last trip, it can be strapped to a tree or light pole even.

Weren't the grave diggers great?

Beattyfamily--we saw Maleficient at the Villians Mix & Mingle in front of the castle, she comes down after the show for photos.

I have a monopod & a mini tripod, but did not bring the monopod with me - it would have been wonderful standing in the middle of Main street.

I love the grave diggers - they are my favorite part of the parade... the sound of the shovels I just love... one of those things that a picture can't do justice.

I need to try and get a better picture of the headless horseman too - I was afraid to zoom in on him too much, but I should have - again - the sound of his hooves on the pavement - another one of those things that I find better in my memory!!!

welovedis said:

Thank you. I saw her there last year but it got crazy fast so I was wondering where else she is.

makinorlando said:

We found Malificent at the Dance Party by Ariel's Grotto. She did photos & autographs there.

Thank you! It looked like somewhere in Fantasyland but I couldn't place it.

I love those pictures!

I have a question for you:

I heard that some of the characters give out candy. Is this true?

Future_Teacher said:
I love those pictures!

I have a question for you:

I heard that some of the characters give out candy. Is this true?

I did not personally (nor have in past years) see characters give out candy - they have candy stations housed by CM who hand out the candy.... there were several inside candy locations that we did not go too (DD was not in the mood to wait in line for candy) so I can't personally speak to those - normally the characters meet & greet locations are just for autographs & pics, and the candy stations are different locations. For instance there was a candy station at the Pooh Playground, and when we were in that area - the characters were on the other side by the ride for pictures.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I just also wanted to say that you are SO LUCKY to be able to go back in 18 days!

Future_Teacher said:
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I just also wanted to say that you are SO LUCKY to be able to go back in 18 days!

I live in Orlando - so back is only 1/2 hour away!!!! That night is a special treat and we will be staying at the Poly though!

Amazing photos! I love seeing what the S2 IS can do. I'm going to be having a good time with mine next week! I see that you finally got the shot of your DD with Princess Minnie. It was so cute!!!

I was wondering how the castle looks now? I saw on another thread that they were painting the castle and you could see a large crane next to it. Was that still visible when you were at the party?
Thanks again for all your photos and updates! :sunny:

makinorlando said:

I have a monopod & a mini tripod, but did not bring the monopod with me - it would have been wonderful standing in the middle of Main street.

I love the grave diggers - they are my favorite part of the parade... the sound of the shovels I just love... one of those things that a picture can't do justice.

I need to try and get a better picture of the headless horseman too - I was afraid to zoom in on him too much, but I should have - again - the sound of his hooves on the pavement - another one of those things that I find better in my memory!!!

I agree, I wanted to see the HH so bad, but when he started coming I almost dropped the video camera! LOL!

beattyfamily said:
Thank you. I saw her there last year but it got crazy fast so I was wondering where else she is.

Thank you! It looked like somewhere in Fantasyland but I couldn't place it.

Yes, it was chaos in front of the castle, probably because they cancelled the previous show & the one we saw was the last. DH was pushed and almost fell into the curving wall lining the left walkway. Some people are just way too pushy!

gabbyrosebud said:
Amazing photos! I love seeing what the S2 IS can do. I'm going to be having a good time with mine next week! I see that you finally got the shot of your DD with Princess Minnie. It was so cute!!!

I was wondering how the castle looks now? I saw on another thread that they were painting the castle and you could see a large crane next to it. Was that still visible when you were at the party?
Thanks again for all your photos and updates! :sunny:

The camera is great... I still need nighttime practice. There really is nowhere else to practice taking a parade at night... so thankfully - I can go back!

Yes - we got the Minnie picture - waited 1/2 hour. The one of your DD is just precious with the costume matching in color, etc. When we go on the 12th I need to get Donald & Mickey.

Didn't even notice the crane -

Here is the castle when we arrived around 4:30. Funny - I forgot what it looked like without the "bling" and totally forgot there was clock over the entrance!
IMG_1580.jpg

Future_Teacher said:
Did you ride BTMR at nighttime?

Not during this party, but my DD has done it many times - in fact several times on July 4th weekend. She loves it best at nighttime!

We like both MNSSHP & MVMCP - we always do MVMCP when my sister visits the beginning of Dec. Also doing it again on 12/18 with some new friends from UK who we met through the DIS!!!!

For us the parties have become tradition since we moved here in 2003 - we have not family close by - so Disney is where we celebrate!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter