• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP parade and firework viewing areas

nalia

Earning My Ears
My son will have the das card which I am aware will not be used after 7pm on party night. However I was wondering if there is still handicap viewing areas reserved for these events during special parties?

There was 3 years ago. However we found that those areas fill up very fast. No one is allowed to sit in front or around the wheelchair, all other parties must stand behind the one in the chair. We have better luck just getting a spot somewhere along the route.

I have found it's not really DAS, but wheelchair viewing. I have low vision issues and have DAS for that reason. I was denied entry to that area. This was several years ago, so I don't bother anymore. I just try to get an area where I can see full view, close up. Then I wait for crowd to thin out before I attempt to leave, unless I have someone to hold each one of my hands.

as for the DAS I was able to use it for the party last year for 7DMT with no problem ( it was well after the part had started) other have said they were told no. as fair as the parade there is a handicap area for the parade on a fist come fist serve basic but nothing for the fireworks disney says something like since they are in the sky you do not have to worry about people blocking your view ( or something like this)

Just returned from the Parks. Parade viewing for MNSSHP parade is on the right hand side of the inside of the hub (as you face the Castle from Main Street).

Just ask a CM, they will help you get there.

And get there at least 45 minutes early if you want a front-row spot; at 30 minutes, we were 2 rows back and struggled to see.

There was 3 years ago. However we found that those areas fill up very fast. No one is allowed to sit in front or around the wheelchair, all other parties must stand behind the one in the chair. We have better luck just getting a spot somewhere along the route.

that may depend on the CM working. My DD has always been allowed to sit on the curb in front of me. She is a young adult.

as for the DAS I was able to use it for the party last year for 7DMT with no problem ( it was well after the part had started) other have said they were told no. as fair as the parade there is a handicap area for the parade on a fist come fist serve basic but nothing for the fireworks disney says something like since they are in the sky you do not have to worry about people blocking your view ( or something like this)
Really? Did you get the return time before 7 p.m.?

No it was after the 7 I got it right before the fire works then used it right after I was able to do this for both MNSSHP and MVMCP and both times were very much after 7 as I did not want to wast party time for a ride I could do any time

Really? Did you get the return time before 7 p.m.?
7 Dwarfs Mine Train is an exception because even during parties, the wait can be long. From what I have heard, whether or not they give out DAS Return Times for it is dependent on the wait.
Most other attractions have fairly short waits during the parties, so have no need for Return Times.

The MNSSHP 2016 map shows 2 handicapped parade viewing areas. One is in front of the castle and the other is sort of where Frontierland and Liberty Square join, across from the Hall of Presidents (the one we usually use).
mnsshp-map1.htm
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm

The second parade is usually not as busy as the first. Kids often sit on the ground in front of someone in their party who is in a wheelchair. CMs are concerned about keeping any part of someone's body from protruding into the street and the view of people sitting down being obstructed.

1) In most cases, only ONE person may accompany the wheelchair in order to allow more people into the SMALL wheelchair area.
2) In such cases, the remainder of the family has to view from elsewhere.
3) And, as stated, these areas fill up quickly, so get there VERY early.

Anytime we have been a party of 3, they have ALWAYS allowed all 3 of us to stay together in the HC viewing area. They have never suggested that 1 of my 2 other family members go and watch elsewhere ALONE. Ever.

As a party of 3, we have been allowed to have 1 companion sit in front and another stand behind. But we have always been informed that it was allowed because we are only 3 and if our party was 4 or more we would need to split up. We actually haven't used the HA viewing areas for a while because we've found it was no less crowded or easier to access than grabbing our own spot early. We usually grab a snack and sit to rest, pull out the map and plan out what to do after the parade, etc.

I've never seen HA viewing areas for fireworks in any park with the exception of IllumiNations, which is more than just fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter