• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP or MVMCP (or neither??)

luvmyguyz

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW Nov 1st to 10th, which means we have the opportunity to go to MNSSHP on Nov 2nd and/or MVMCP on Nov 9th. Given the cost and the fact that we have a family of 5 and are paying for a 10-day vacation, I'm not entirely sure either is in our budget. ;) However, if we happen to dig up some extra cash, which do you recommend we attend? I love both holidays and have attended neither party. I am leaning more toward the MVMCP because it would be something cool to go to on the last night of our vacation, and by November we'll probably be pretty maxed on Halloween stuff!! But I really do loooove Halloween. Ugh, what to do?

If we choose not to attend the parties, what happens in MK on the nights they have the parties - I know we would have to leave at 7, but do they have fireworks at that time, or do you only see them at the end of the party? (Not a huge issue - we'll be going to MK 4 days, so we'll see fireworks no matter what, but I'd like to know what to expect.)

Also, if we attend neither party, what kind of decorations will we see at the park before the party begins? I know we wouldn't see the special fireworks or parades, but will there still be holiday decor to enjoy? We are planning to be at MK on Nov 2, 3, 9 and 10th.

Any advice you can offer would be great! I know we need to book soon if we want to attend one of the parties.

Halloween definitely. (my opinion). We are also going during that same time for 12 days, and are doing the party the 2end. Don't want to battle 31st crowds. Love Xmas party too, but if you had to pick 1, MNSSHP gets my vote.

MNSSHP is definately the better of the two, we have been to MNSSP twice 2006, and 2008, when to MVMCP in 2010 and was disappointed.

We will be there the same dates, Nov 1 - Nov 10! Yeah, we are actually hoping to go to both, but if I was just able to do one it would definately be MNSSHP. I love the cahrachters dressed up, the decorations, the kids get to trick or treat and the best parade in disney, in my humble opinion...lol

It's a tough call as I enjoy both but MNSSHP wins. I'm not a Halloween person but the party is just FUN. I love seeing MK all decked out in the Halloween theme, the villains roaming about are fantastic, Boo-To-You and HalloWishes are incredible. We don't dress up but I do enjoy seeing the costumes that others wear - it's amazing at how creative some people are.

So no votes for the MVMCP? :confused3 Interesting.

My boys are more interested in the Halloween party, but my cousin wants to go to the Christmas party. Ugh - what to do? :headache:

How far in advance does the last Halloween party sell out? We're not ready to make the decision to spend that money yet, but I am concerned that when we do, there won't be any tickets left.

Thanks for your help! I have to say I was surprised to see everyone vote in favor of MNSSHP!

Hate to say it but I was a little disappointed with the MVMCP... :confused3 The only really cool thing was that it "snowed" on Main Street...

If I had to choose one, it would be MNSSHP, no question.

There are no regular Wishes on the nights of hard ticket parties. HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes are usually at 9:30 on their respective party nights.

MK will be decorated, it is decorated for the first Christmas party. The other parks may have some decorations up as well.

I loved the Halloween party and can't wait to do it again. But then, Halloween is my favorite holiday. So I'd pick MNSSHP every time :goodvibes

ok so do u just purchase the party ticket or is it party ticked PLUS regular Mk admission?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

ok so do u just purchase the party ticket or is it party ticked PLUS regular Mk admission?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

In the past, you have just needed the party ticket after 4pm. Before that time you would need a park ticket.

We've been to both also and although I'm not a big Halloween person I will say that we like the Halloween party best. The first Christmas party we went to had Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas show and I really liked that but last year when we went there was something else which just didn't compare IMHO. I like the Christmas decorations best so if you don't go to the Christmas party you could go to MK that last day and get to see the decorations and the castle lit with icicle lights - beautiful. Another idea:
check to see when the Osbourne Lights start at DHS. It's usually around the same date as the first Christmas party at MK. Most of us liked seeing them better than the party and you don't have to pay extra, it's just part of your DHS regular admission.
If you have a party ticket you don't have to have a regular day ticket too. You can get into either party at 4pm but if you want to go to MK all of that day then you need your regular park ticket and party ticket.

We have been to both and prefer Halloween. It's our favorite holiday though. Christmas is fun, but it seemed to be a better deal. I think the kids got one cup of hot chocolate at the Christmas party, whereas they got tons of candy at Halloween! lol It did 'snow' for Christmas, but heck, we lived for a year in Alaska, snow is over rated! lol;)

Do the majority of people wear costumes for the MNSSHP? Are they simple or elaborate? I ask because I have some fantastic costumes but don't want to wear one if only the kids dress-up.

Our dates are 11/3 to 11/12 and we have tickets for MVMCP. This is our first "real" trip to WDW and I'm trying to make some plans for where we will be each day. Do you suggest spending the day in a different part and heading to the Magic Kingdom in time for entry for MVMCP, or planning to spend the day there?

Our dates are 11/3 to 11/12 and we have tickets for MVMCP. This is our first "real" trip to WDW and I'm trying to make some plans for where we will be each day. Do you suggest spending the day in a different part and heading to the Magic Kingdom in time for entry for MVMCP, or planning to spend the day there?

I think it depends. If you have little ones and/or if you want to stay at the aprty til close, it might be a better idea to have a relaxing resort day and then head to the park at 4.

On the other hand MK is a good choice with ealy closing, lack of nighttime parade and fireworks, a lot of people without party tickets might choose another park.

My usual plans are MK, afternoon break, back at MK around 4, quick CS dinner. That way there is some time for rides and then able to be in line for one of the party photo ops by 6.

Do the majority of people wear costumes for the MNSSHP? Are they simple or elaborate? I ask because I have some fantastic costumes but don't want to wear one if only the kids dress-up.

Definitely not just kids dress up, many adults dress up too. You will see the full gamut of no costume to halloween tshirts to all-out costumes. If you choose to dress up, you will definitely not be out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter