MNSSHP-Oct. 14th

bkline

Mouseketeer
This was our 4th MNSSHP. We had a great time. The weather was excellent: sunny mid 80's, comfortable at night. We arrived about 4:30. We had dinner at LTT at 5:35pm. The characters were Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. The food was very good. We started walking around the park about 6:50 and were able to start riding Haunted Mansion. There was very little wait for most rides. We were able to get FastPass for Peter Pan. Pooh ride was very long and was shut down about 10 for repair work. The fireworks show was awesome. We saw Mulan and Mushu together signing autographs and taking photosI hope the weather cooperates for the future MNSSHP guests.

we were there, then, too.

we arrived for ps at 5:35 in the castle. it was good. when we left there, cinderella was on her throne-got picture and autograph w/ no wait! great surprise. we left and hopped on pooh. i thought it was closed bc no one was there, but we saw a cm and asked if we could ride - sure - we rode twice without getting off. awesome; this was about 6:30; then we rode space mountain and did the baby swap - buzz lightyear; haunted mansion, carosel, goofy's barnstormer, philarmagic - all awesome; parade and fireworks were good; thank goodness we did this party bc saturday (10/16) was a nightmare with the crowds

We were there to..had a great time. DD was JoJo and DS was Goliath from JoJo's circus. We saw only one other JoJo (besides the real one in Toontown). We got there around 6:00 and did alot of stuff over in Tomorrow Land. Did the rounds for candy. We were very surprised to see the flood of people that left after the fireworks. And then after the second parade, everyone was heading to the exit thats when we were able to get on all the rides in Fantasy Land without much wait at all. Finally left the park around 12:30, DH didn't eat all night and grabbed a hot dogs as we were leaving. DD didn't put much thought into her costume. Shes not one to like attention and all night she had little kids yelling and pointing "theres JoJo". She even had one little girl that gave her a hug because she thought DD was the real JoJo.

I am glad to hear that the crowds for your party weren't as bad as the 8th. I was getting kind of worried that all of the parties were going to be packed.

Thanks for sharing your stories. It sounds like you all had a good time.

Just curious, what was the most popular costume for the kids this year?

I noticed a lot of Batmans and a lot of Toy Story characters. Enjoy your party.

gshoemate,

my dd (2) was JoJo, too! we saw a couple of others, wonder if it was you?! my other dd (5) was Cinderella. I kind of felt bad for her bc everyone was commenting on JoJo. "Look, there's JoJo",
"How cute", etc. It was neat! Of course, being 2, she really didn't realize everyone was talking about her.

Unfortunately, my JoJo did not like the characters, not even the "real JoJo". Oh, well.

gshoemate: Was your daughter comfortable in the JoJo costume? My dd4 has the Jo Jo costume for Halloween events here in IL but I told her it would be too hot for Disney. I was going to have her wear her bat costume for MNSSHP on the 31st but am now reconsidering after reading your post (she really wanted to be JoJo for Halloween.) Please let me know your thoughts/experience! :)

my dd(2) wore light shorts and a tshirt under the costume. she didn't complain she was hot, but she's only 2 1/2. once we got pictures etc. i took it off of her for the parade and fireworks.

It seemed crowded in certain areas, but when it came to getting things done (rides etc.), we found that it really wasn't a problem. We got so much more done than we would have during a normal day at MK in October! We arrived just after 4 p.m. and ate at Cosmic Rays around 7.30/8. None of us dressed up - we are all adults and had been at the GF tea before coming to MK. We had a great time!

Originally posted by pandamom
gshoemate: Was your daughter comfortable in the JoJo costume? My dd4 has the Jo Jo costume for Halloween events here in IL but I told her it would be too hot for Disney. I was going to have her wear her bat costume for MNSSHP on the 31st but am now reconsidering after reading your post (she really wanted to be JoJo for Halloween.) Please let me know your thoughts/experience! :) [/QUOTE

She didn't have a problem. I had her wear a t-shirt and some thin shorts underneath, tennis shoes and socks. She didn't complain once. However, last week we had cooler temps. You might want to brings both and decide the day of. But if she does go as JoJo, make sure you make a stop back in ToonTown to visit both JoJo and Goliath;)

Originally posted by buzzlightlily
gshoemate,

my dd (2) was JoJo, too! we saw a couple of others, wonder if it was you?! my other dd (5) was Cinderella. I kind of felt bad for her bc everyone was commenting on JoJo. "Look, there's JoJo",
"How cute", etc. It was neat! Of course, being 2, she really didn't realize everyone was talking about her.

Unfortunately, my JoJo did not like the characters, not even the "real JoJo". Oh, well.

Did we see you in line for Mickey? We had a JoJo right in front of us, she was on her dads shoulders by a light and I mentioned that the bugs were flying around her. I think we might of seen the same JoJo over in line at the Indy cars. I'm sorry she didn't like the characters, she will grow out of it. I remember when we brought DD when she was 2 and we went to the Crystal Palace for dinner, we sat down and Tigger came by our table, she screamed at the top of her lungs........we felt so bad but we had to leave. She now loves them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter