MNSSHP Military tix ?

brockash

DIS Veteran
We're headed to WDW the end of Sept. and plan on attending one of the MNSSHP's. We're military and I read that they offer a discount for the party tix. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Any idea on what the discount is?

Any disadvantages to waiting and getting the tix at WDW (you can't order them in advance right?)

When can you get the tix? Can you get them at anytime during your stay from one of the ticket counters, or just the night of? If just the night of, does anyone know what time? -Can you get them in time to enter the park at 4, or do you have to wait til 7?

Does anyone know how many tix you can get with the military id (my mom and sisters are coming, so I need to know if I can get theirs at the discounted price or if we should just order theirs in advance)?

TIA!

brockash said:
Thanks so much for the info. That's a great discount!

Does anyone know if you can get the tix ahead of time...like a couple days at guest relations?

Does anyone know if you can get the tix ahead of time...like a couple days at guest relations?

Yes, you can get them ahead of your party date. But you have to get them on WDW property -- not online or mail order. You can get a party ticket for the Military member and 5 guests per night for each Military party date. First thing we do on our Fall trip is get our MNSSHP tickets at DTD Guest Relations on the Marketplace (east) side. There's also a GR on the west side at DisneyQuest. Other Guest Relations facilities are outside and just inside each theme park entrance. You will be charged sales tax at these locations. Shades of Green will also have the tickets with no tax. I read on another thread that SoG won't have the MNSSHP tickets yet, but unsure of when they'll have them.

POOHsie said:
Yes, you can get them ahead of your party date. But you have to get them on WDW property -- not online or mail order. You can get a party ticket for the Military member and 5 guests per night for each Military party date. First thing we do on our Fall trip is get our MNSSHP tickets at DTD Guest Relations on the Marketplace (east) side. There's also a GR on the west side at DisneyQuest. Other Guest Relations facilities are outside and just inside each theme park entrance. You will be charged sales tax at these locations. Shades of Green will also have the tickets with no tax. I read on another thread that SoG won't have the MNSSHP tickets yet, but unsure of when they'll have them.

Thanks so much!

I called disney tonight and the cm said no military discount was being offered. :confused: I hope she was wrong...

I called disney tonight and the cm said no military discount was being offered. :confused: I hope she was wrong...

That is classic Disney bad info. I called the general number and asked for the ticket purchase area. Then special ticket purchase area. Then I spoke to someone who knew about the Military discount tickets but not the dates. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with what seems to be the correct dates and info. I was lucky. The lesson: If Disney tells you something that sounds wrong, call, call again.

The person I talked to put me on hold when I asked as she did not know offhand. When she came back on the line it was obvious someone around her was helping her, and she said that someone told her to check her e-mail about it. She read it to me straight from the e-mail. All dates in September, and then she quoted me the prices (which are totally in line with what they were last year). I would call and talk to someone else.

Is there a chance they'd sell out before we got there?

Last year, even if a party was sold out, you could get a military ticket and get in. The only way to do so though, is to buy the military ticket the day of the sold out party at the GS location outside MK. I would think Disney would extend this again, but I guess it's too early for this year yet.

I am going to buy my tickets a week before at SOG. I hope they have them in by the end of August. I am going to call SOG a week or so before that, otherwise, I'll just use a GS location and pay the full taxable price.

I get a military tips newsletter that covers discounts for WDW. I think I remember reading that visitors with the Military discount tickets for MVMCP & MNSSHP are admitted to the party even if it is sold out. Supposedly, this is because we can't purchase the party tickets on-line ahead of time. I'm not sure if this will be true for 2014--but was in effect in 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter