MNSSHP-Just got off the phone with Disney

We will be going on Sept. 18th (my b-day!!) but I'm waiting a few weeks to buy our tickets.

Last year DH and I went to the Sept. 5th party and had a blast. It was our 10th wedding anniversary trip without the kids, so we are super excited to take them this year. They will be just turned 4 and just turned 6.

So excited! :cool1:

Got mine today as well for 9/22. Member services said since I got a DVC discount I could only pick them up at will call. We did this a few years ago as well. It was pretty painless. Go to window, give them conf number and get tix. Pretty simple.
thats makes me feel better but i did not get the discount 10/31 thanks:cool1:

We will be going on Sept. 18th (my b-day!!) but I'm waiting a few weeks to buy our tickets.

Last year DH and I went to the Sept. 5th party and had a blast. It was our 10th wedding anniversary trip without the kids, so we are super excited to take them this year. They will be just turned 4 and just turned 6.

So excited! :cool1:

Woo hoo for another September 18th dis family going!! and happy bday! your children are going to be the absolute perfect age!

Woo hoo for another September 18th dis family going!! and happy bday! your children are going to be the absolute perfect age!

Aw, thank you! :goodvibes We are so, so excited. Do you have any costume ideas yet? The kids keep changing their minds, lol. And it is still 4 + months away, so I'm sure they will change them some more...

I thought I saw Oct 29th somewhere???? Now I do not. I really wanted 10/29 or 10/30 ...wanted to avoid the actual Halloween night..hmmmm??? I am on hold now to check.

Anyone get tickets for 10/29?

That is the same situation that I am in.

It seems that the 29th has been cut or at least wasn't on the schedule that the phone operators were given. The person I spoke to sounded very confused about it and said they they always have a party on the 30th and was very surprised that they weren't this year. She said if enough people question it, then maybe Disney will look over the issue again...so maybe there is hope. :confused3

My CM made it a point to discuss how tickets would come in a plain white envelope with no markings as to what was inside (for security, I'm sure). She said it would definitely look like junk mail - but to watch for it.

Thank you!! My DH still thinks we are going to DL, he has no idea that I have switched the trip to WDW instead. If it just looks like Disney junk mail, I am safe (since we get stuff from Disney all the time.) I was just worried about it having something pretty obvious on the envelope. Thanks again!!!

Aw, thank you! :goodvibes We are so, so excited. Do you have any costume ideas yet? The kids keep changing their minds, lol. And it is still 4 + months away, so I'm sure they will change them some more...

We started off as Alice in Wonderland, then Minnie and Mickey, now I think we will just use our 50's costumes from my DD's 7th Soc-Hop B-Day party! I paid so much for those costumes, it would be silly not to get some more use out of them! Do you have any ideas?? (as of now lol)

We just got tickets for September 11th and to answer my questin, yes you can use gift cards but you can only use 2 forms of payment.....

We started off as Alice in Wonderland, then Minnie and Mickey, now I think we will just use our 50's costumes from my DD's 7th Soc-Hop B-Day party! I paid so much for those costumes, it would be silly not to get some more use out of them! Do you have any ideas?? (as of now lol)

So far DD (she'll be 6) has suggested Ariel or Minnie Mouse. DS (4) wants to be Mickey Mouse or a pirate. But of course, that is subject to change, lol!

That is the same situation that I am in.

It seems that the 29th has been cut or at least wasn't on the schedule that the phone operators were given. The person I spoke to sounded very confused about it and said they they always have a party on the 30th and was very surprised that they weren't this year. She said if enough people question it, then maybe Disney will look over the issue again...so maybe there is hope. :confused3

they have updated the dates on the disney site now

The event will be held from 7pm–12am on the following dates in 2009:

* September 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
* October 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 31

wish they would have had that done before people called and were disappointed

You know, I debated about that. I even (briefly) considered waiting 'til we got there to see what the weather was going to be like! ;) But in the end, there were only two dates during our trip and we picked the one that worked better for us. I'm not that worried about the potential for a sold out crowd. I keep saying we've been there at Christmas ... crowds don't scare me anymore! :rotfl:

Yeah I'm with you Pixie, I only have two viable dates within my trip and we just picked one. Plus there's no way I can sit for 4-5 month waiting to buy tickets not knowing they will be there when its time to go. We normally go in June when the parks are packed, so I'm not worried about no crowds either.

I bought mine with an AP discount and they're getting mailed to me. Did they tell you they wouldn't ship them?

I wasn't given the option. She said, "Since you used the Annual Passholder discount, you'll have to pick them up at will-call and present your Passes as proof."

Did they take your AP# or something in order to confirm you had APs?

Now I'm nervous ... what if they don't make it to will-call?

So far DD (she'll be 6) has suggested Ariel or Minnie Mouse. DS (4) wants to be Mickey Mouse or a pirate. But of course, that is subject to change, lol!

Pirates were also in my head..always a safe bet! I have once again changed my ind.. lol. I'm thinking Aladdin and jasmine.. DS would just look so cueee as Aladdin and DD was made to be jasmine :cutie: Hopefully I will have my mind made up by September!

I wasn't given the option. She said, "Since you used the Annual Passholder discount, you'll have to pick them up at will-call and present your Passes as proof."

Did they take your AP# or something in order to confirm you had APs?

Now I'm nervous ... what if they don't make it to will-call?

No, they didn't ask for my AP number. But the price seemed correct, accounting for taxes, so I'm not too worried. But if I don't get my tickets in about a week, then I'll start worrying. :rotfl:

No, they didn't ask for my AP number. But the price seemed correct, accounting for taxes, so I'm not too worried. But if I don't get my tickets in about a week, then I'll start worrying. :rotfl:

So, do they mail the tickets out now?? I thought I had read somewhere that they don't send them out until closer to the party, but I don't remember for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter