• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP... for toddlers?

Ambrode

Earning My Ears
Our big trip is in the middle of Oct. We had thought of doing MNSSHP our first day since we would be in MK that day.
We have adr's at 530 at Crystal Palace.
But the more I look at it Im just not sure our 4, 3 and 2 year olds will be into it that late after a busy day.
Any thoughts on if we should splurge on it or will it be a miserable waste with tired tots?

We went to MNSSHP when my older children were that age..what i did was go to the parks at rope drop and spent a few hours, then went back to the resort and rested. Then we went back to the park about a 1/2 hour before out dinner reservation and spent the night. They had a great time and loved trick or treating and the parade!!!

It can be a lot of fun at that age. But I would not do it without a mid-day nap before your ADR.

We did MNSSHP with my daughter who was 4 at the time. We kept the day very light, and didn't hit the MK until 3pm. She was fine and had a ball.

If your kids stay up late then it will be fine. If not, it could be tough. We did the pirate and princess party when my kids were maybe 2 and 4 and had a great time. But we were totally wiped the next day.

On DS's first trip to the world we decided very last minute to go back and do the MNSSHP.

He was only 18 months at the time and though I really made the decision more for myself than him, he loved it even that young.

We had a very light day before hand and spent most of the afternoon just hanging out at the fort though.
He didn't stay awake all the way to the end, but for most of the night. We were there at the end of September, so I don't know the crowd difference but we were able to do SO much with very little wait.
More lines for candy than for rides lol!

We did a resort day and didn't head to MK until 4pm and our kids were 9 and 7. I saw a lot of tired cranky kids by 10pm. We stayed and closed the party out and our two were still going strong.

We have done the party the last 2 years and I think the heat plays a factor too. We had perfect weather in 2011 but it was a lot hotter in 2010 and everyone was beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter