• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP for adults?

Chimaera

Mouseketeer
DW and I are trying to come up with things we haven't done before for our upcoming trip. Is the Halloween party something that would be fun for 2 childless adults? I think the parade and hallowishes would be great but is that worth $120? I'm assuming that ride lines would be fairly short due to so much else going on. Anything else we should take into consideration before buying tickets?

My opinion? It's absolutely worth it, with or without little ones! Yes, I have a daughter, and yes, she likes to stop at the trick-or-treat stations but in reality, that takes perhaps 45 minutes of our time at the party.

HalloWishes and Boo-To-You are fantastic and worth the admission price alone. Want to ride headliners over and over without having to get out of the ride vehicle? Party nights are the nights to do it. The lines are nil. We now go to 2 parties; one to enjoy all of the Halloween festivities and one to enjoy the fact that we don't needa FP, we don't need to stand in a 45 minute queue, etc.

My husband and I went for the first time last year and had a blast. There are some cool magic shots that are only available at the Party that we were able to get. Also, the parade and fireworks are Awesome!

We are going again this year and really looking forward to it. The trick or treating is fun as well. Although, my favorite treat was the ice cold banana from Adventureland.

My wife and I went last September (2012) with 2 of her co-workers. All but 1 of us is in our 30's and we had a blast. My wife and I do not have any children. My wife and her friends dressed up as pirates and I dressed up as Waldo. I would go stand random places while they were on the people mover and they would take pictures of my general location and our family had to find me in the pictures posted on Facebook during the trip. :) We also enjoyed the trick or treating around the park. I do not eat candy very often so my wife got just about everything (minus a few snickers bars). They loaded our bags full of candy especially towards the end of the party.

All in all though it was well worth it to us and we will be going again in Sept. 2014. This year we are going in November because of the Wine and Dine half marathon. :)

My husband,myself and another couple went a couple of years ago and had a great time! The best was when the headless horseman came riding down
Main St. It is definitely worth it. Have a great time!

All adults here, we go to two parties each year, and we take other adults with us .... and we all dress up! We see lots and lots of all adult groups and they have some great and creative costumes.

DBF and I have gone the last 2 years and LOVE it, this will be our first year with a kiddo (my sister and niece are going with us) I'm actually kind of interested to see how its going to be this year LOL

At least I know I'll get double the candy corn. DBF and I always fight over it and neither sister or niece like them. LOL

LOVE MNSSHPs have gone many many times NO kids

This is how I like to answer the Is it worth it ? question:

Think of it as a different park that you have never experienced and it truly is

The parade is one thing that is not repeated for day guests at MK ( unlike the Christmas parade from the MVMCP)

You pay $63 for this new park and you can be there for approximately 8 hours if you go at 4 pm This is not even talking about special photopass magic shots, characters in Halloween costumes, and characters that you never see
(7 dwarves...... this year Sally & Jack Skellington to name a few)

AND the ability to get enough candy to last you through Christmas :laughing:

Many years I got the candy there & then gave it out at my front door to trick or treaters ...quite a savings right there ;)

Its just a really good time

Yes, yes, yes! It is totally worth it. Just like a PP said, it's like a new park. MK looks totally different with all the mood lighting and music. The atmosphere is fabulous too. The parade is so different from the usual parades and the Hallowishes fireworks show is probably their best fireworks show of the year.

We went on our honeymoon and had so much fun, we bought tickets for the Friday night party and went twice!

Ok I'm convinced, now I have to decide if I'm going to attempt a costume....DW won't, but I think it might be fun. Thanks everyone.

Its worth it; we have gone twice and have plans to go again during our upcoming Oct trip.. You'll love it!!!!

Two adults, sisters, going here. And going TWICE. There's SO much to see and do and it's impossible to do it all in one party. We're planning on character M&G and shows one nite, then relax one nite.

That being said, unless you go during the parade and fireworks (which is the whole reason to go) the ride lines aren't that short on a busy nite.

DW and I are trying to come up with things we haven't done before for our upcoming trip. Is the Halloween party something that would be fun for 2 childless adults? I think the parade and hallowishes would be great but is that worth $120? I'm assuming that ride lines would be fairly short due to so much else going on. Anything else we should take into consideration before buying tickets?

Whether you'll come away feeling it was worth it really depends on how much you like parades and fireworks shows imo. If you're really into em, you're going to feel like you got your money's worth. If you're not into them, you'll probably feel you over spent. As for the parade, it's one of the better parades at WDW. The fireworks are one of the better fireworks shows at WDW also.The other shows and things are rather minor. There isn't much wait on any of the rides and that is a plus. However, MK is lightly attended during the regular hours during the day on party day too. It's also more fun if you dress up.

well, i can't speak from experience but my fiance (husband by then!) and i will be going to MNSSHP in two weeks and we have no children. we couldn't be more excited for this! :rotfl:

I hope so- my husband and I are going next year! I've never been to MNSSHP and we're pretty excited. I know others that have gone and had a blast. We're going to dress up, and it's probably the one parade we'll see the whole time we're at Disney.

SO excited, make my reservations yesterday. My 2 DD and 1 GDD and I are planning on enjoying this to the MAX...

Now to plan costumes that travel well. We sew and embroider, now to let my creative side out.

My question is. Photo Pass Plus, are there photo folks there taking pictures?

Trying to decide if it would be worth it

DH, DS (then 18 mon) and I went for the first time last fall. DS and I LOVED MNSSHP and will be doing it again next year after my deployment. I would definitely recommend photopass. Especially at MNSSHP you can get great shots and add special Halloween themed borders. The castle looks amazing and we got some amazing shots in front of it. Also, there was a special photographer at the exit of The Haunted Mansion where they took normal shots and also had us acted scared. When we looked at our photos online they had superimposed ghosts in our pics. Also there was a special photographer behind the Christmas Shop (near Liberty Square) who had us pretend to hitch hike and then superimposed the hitchhiking ghosts into our pictures. Mickey and Minnie (at Town Theater) get dressed up in their special Halloween garb the night of the party and its another special Halloween shot. We found the Photopass CD a great deal and wished we would have done Photopass + before we left. We'll definitely be doing that for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter