MNSSHP for 1st time

yoopertravelers

Mouseketeer
What tips can you give us on how to make the most out of MNSSHP? We are attending on HALLOWEEN so it should be especially FUN! We have never been so we don't want to miss ANYTHING! We are wondering if we should have a large lunch around 2:30 or 3:00 or if we should try to eat at the MK after entering. What are your suggestions? We are staying at PORR with 6 kids :)

Well, last year was our first time and loved it so much
we planned this year's trip around going to the party.
But one must see is the headless horseman who rides
the pararde route ~ 20 minutes before the beginning of the
pararde. He is amazing, I couldn't take my eyes off him
and the horse. Get to the parade route EARLY to get a
good place though. My other suggestion is stay for the
fireworks. The best firework display I have ever seen!!
These are just 2 amazing must-sees, I'm sure people will
have many other suggestions..have a great time.:dance3:

You are allowed to enter for MNNSHP at 4:00pm. The gate for the party his on the right hand side. Once entering get your wrist band, indicates you are there from the party. Do you trick or treating, dress up if you are so inclined. Many adults and children do dress for the occasion. The parade and fireworks are really special. ENJOY!

The party will be sold out that night and very crowded. I would eat your TS around 2:00-3:00 and plan on getting to MK as close to 4 as possible. Don't wait too late to grab CS food as places will sell out of food that night (we've had it happen to us twice now because we waited too long to eat). Expect long lines at the CS places that are open.

The 2nd parade will be less crowded than the first. I agree, the parade is a must do for us every time. The fireworks are special but its also a great time to get shorter ride times so you have to make the call on that!!!!

You need to decide if you are riding rides or participating in the party events. You can do a combination of both but you won't get all the rides in plus do the events. I saw on another thread that your time at WDW is limited so you will need to decide what you want to do. Character meet and greet lines get very long so you need to choose those ahead of time and be in line early. The 7 Dwarves are only ever at a party so it's going to be your only time to meet all of them.

If you are going to MK on a different day also, I would skip Splash Mountain as the water cannons are not on during the party and the ride isn't as fun. Definitely do the Haunted Mansion as the extra outside effects are great.

Trick or treating is fun but the candy isn't anything special and in your case with limited time, I would probably skip. The younger travelers in our group love the dance parties so you might consider splitting and allowing the older ones do do some of the bigger rides while the younger ones do one of the parties.

I'm going to the party for the first time on Halloween, too!! Yay for us! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter