MNSSHP, Fastpass questions

GatorMomInNC

DIS Veteran
Since I grew up in Orlando and my father and other family members worked there, and I have had annual passes several times, I have been to WDW hundreds of times. However, I have not been to the theme parks since the Fastpasses started and I haven't done MNSSHP in about 3 years, so I have some questions.

Right now we have 2 nights booked at POR and we are doing MNSSHP on the 2nd night. We have no other plans to go to the them parks (all though we have annual passes to the water parks and DQ). I MAY change my reservation to The Swan in a month because I am close to having enough points for both nights free.

I just received an email about selecting my Fastpass experience. I did look on the boards here and I saw that you aren't supposed to use a magic band but a "hard ticket" for the MNSSHP.

Here are my questions:

Do you even use a Fastpass at MNSSHP? As I recall, not all rides are open, and they weren't very busy when we were there. I do plan to get there at 4pm if I can, to get the most out of my experience. I mainly want to make sure I get on the new 7 Dwarves ride as it is the only one I have never been on.

Is a Fastpass and magic band the same thing? I understand the old system of getting the fastpasses at kiosks are gone, so is that what the Magic Band is for? Will I be using one as a room key if I switch to the Swan or do they not participate?

I would like to get the band for the kid, if only for a "souvenir". We will have just come off a Disney cruise so they will have one of the new bands they use for the kids clubs, which look similar to the Magic Bands, and if I know my kids they will want to keep as many as they can get as souvenirs.

You cannot use, nor do you need, FP during the party as lines are typically very short. However, reports are that you can book and use FP+ for the 4pm to 7pm window with only a party ticket, so that's a great benefit!

Fast Pass+ and Magic Bands are not the same thing. the FPs are booked through My Disney Experience and are coded to whatever linked tickets you are using. The Magic Band is simply a kind of ticket linked to your account, but the RFID cards can also be used (and are for offsite guests unles they buy a band).

S&D does not have MBs, but you can use old ones you have (we used our 2013 bands during our Swan stay in May) or buy them. They do not open the hotel room door though, so you still need to carry your room key.

As for FP+ you will be able book them till 7pm but not once the party starts.

You cannot use, nor do you need, FP during the party as lines are typically very short. However, reports are that you can book and use FP+ for the 4pm to 7pm window with only a party ticket, so that's a great benefit!

What about if you are attending on a Friday night in October (i.e. close to the 31st)? I was hoping to book some FP for a few rides

I was just coming to ask a similar question always such a great source on the boards! We are going in September and did not buy a park ticket for the day we are doing the MNSSHP but I did book Anna and Elsa for 450pm in MK on the day we are going to the party and am hoping that it will work!

What about if you are attending on a Friday night in October (i.e. close to the 31st)? I was hoping to book some FP for a few rides

All indications are that your MNSSHP ticket allows FP+ to be booked from 4 to 7, but not during the party. Waits for rides are incredibly short during the party as most guests are enjoying the Halloween festivities and special meet & greets (lines for these can be very long indeed, but no FPs).

All indications are that your MNSSHP ticket allows FP+ to be booked from 4 to 7, but not during the party. Waits for rides are incredibly short during the party as most guests are enjoying the Halloween festivities and special meet & greets (lines for these can be very long indeed, but no FPs).

Thanks. This is great to hear. Our plan would be rides between 4-7pm and then party stuff. I may try and book FP, just as a backup (no harm, right)?
(Sorry, didn't meant to hijack the OP's thread)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter