MNSSHP character wait question

MisterPP

Earning My Ears
Do you think the CM's will let me 'place hold' in line for the meet and greet with Jack and Sally while my daughter (who will have the DAS pass) and my wife sit somewhere quieter nearby?

I'm not sure my 8 year old will be up to standing in line for a couple hours to meet them (even though she wants to meet Jack and Sally even more than Anna and Elsa).

DAS are not in use during parties. There is no FP+ line and CMs will not have the equipment to read your MagicBand to even know if you have one.

Where Jack & Sally have been the queue line was zig zagged back and forth right there on the sidewalk in Town Square and it would have been possible to allow her in line with the one waiting a couple loops before getting to the characters but they are supposed to be moving them this year to a location that will make it harder to hold spots in line ... which is probably one reason they are moving them.

Stated location is the Circus tent past Dumbo. They had Jack aka Sandy Claws there for the Christmas Party. The queue line is mostly looped inside the Circus tent with a single entrance guarded by CMs. We went to see him very late in the night, probably 11 pm. The line was probably only 4 lengths of the queue. My DS was very tired. We approached the CM and asked if his siblings could wait in line and him sit on the wall in sight (so he could see we weren't off doing something else) until they got within range. My DS is obviously disabled and the CM agreed but I wouldn't say it was with enthusiasm. I'm thinking part was the line was more than half empty at that point so we were not getting him ahead of lots of others. Once they were within one turn of the line I sent DS in to wait the rest of the time.

It is probably going to boil down to the CM working at the line since it is structured that it will be within a walled off area and how long the line is when you go.

Our plan is to line up for them even before the party starts as Jack and Sally are her number 1 priority for the Halloween Party. I'm hoping they will do the same and let her sit nearby. I'm worried that because my daughter is not obviously disabled we might get more flack (unless she goes into meltdown mode but we are hoping to avoid that)

Our plan is to line up for them even before the party starts as Jack and Sally are her number 1 priority for the Halloween Party. I'm hoping they will do the same and let her sit nearby. I'm worried that because my daughter is not obviously disabled we might get more flack (unless she goes into meltdown mode but we are hoping to avoid that)

When we met Jack & Sally they were our priority. It was only DS and I (dressed as bones) so we had to wait in the line. I took a small towel for him to sit on because we got in line about 5:30 pm. But the great part is we were done by about 7:45 so didn't miss much party. Double check the official maps when the first party happens to make sure they have been moved. Arrive early (you can get in with at 4 pm with just a party ticket) and make your way back to the Meet & Greet and get in line as soon as you can.

Most CMs are understanding if you approach them in a positive way. DD worked there and believe me they hear all kinds of stories and excuses, so it's not that they are being mean - they've just heard it all and they have a job to do. The basic rule for character meets is ALL members of your party must be together and I've seen parents asked to leave the line because they were holding spots while their kids are off getting other signatures.

I think part was I sent in TWO siblings to wait and when it came time for him to join, DH and I stayed outside the wall. We were not trying to get four of us in to join only one person who waited. I took some pics from the outside, siblings took pics and we had the photopass pics. Explain she has a DAS, her issues with the queue and if you tell them you will sit right there on the wall, they know you aren't trying to run around and get other things done.

We are actually doing MK the day we are doing the MNSSHP that night. We have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo appt at 3 and then the party that night. So salon, eat, line up for Jack and Sally I think is the plan. That and convince her to stay dressed up as long as possible that night.

It's the next to last night we will be there so....

1) She will be more used to the crowds, noise and excitement

2) we will have a better grasp of how she is handling the vacation so if we need to spend the afternoon back at the resort decompressing and then come back for the salon and party we can...

While we have an agenda, wife and I have agreed that nothing is set in stone and the most important thing is just to relax and have fun. If we don't get something accomplished that we wanted to do, it's not the end of the world.

Do you think the CM's will let me 'place hold' in line for the meet and greet with Jack and Sally. . . I'm not sure my 8 year old will be up to standing in line for a couple hours to meet them (even though she wants to meet Jack and Sally even more than Anna and Elsa).

1) Don't count on "place holding".
2) It is very much looked down upon.
3) DAS or not.
4) There are just too many people to allow saving places.
5) Maybe, MSSHP is not for the child if waiting is a problem.

We were able to place hold last year at MNSSHP. I wouldn't count on it, but a lot of parents had their kids wait elsewhere with someone else. We jumped in line around 5p and Jack and Sally actually ended up coming out closer to 6:30p, so I'd be prepared for that. We had the kids waiting in the building where you pick up packages, so the left of the line (I think that's what the building was).

Lots of people were in and out getting food, etc. But again, things change. It's not something you could guarantee or bank on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!