MNSSHP character encounters

frugalfanny

Mouseketeer
Planning our first trip to MNSSHP! Would love to hear anyone's/everyone's experiences with the character meet and greets during the party. Is it difficult to get to the villians? Have read that they are not available for long periods of time.

Planning our first trip to MNSSHP! Would love to hear anyone's/everyone's experiences with the character meet and greets during the party. Is it difficult to get to the villians? Have read that they are not available for long periods of time.

The villains that appear after the Villains Mix & Mingle shows are the toughest gets. They are out for 10-15 minutes max, and they do not sign autographs. You can certainly get one done, and maybe two if you're lucky. The trick is knowing which villain will appear where after the show and being in a strategic spot to get in line for them. Villains that appeared like this last year included Maleficent, Hook, Queen of Hearts, Evil/Snow Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Cruella. Frollo also roamed about in the crowd.

A handful of other villains appear on and off throughout the night. Ones from last year I can think of included Gaston, Lotso, Jafar, and the Tremaines. These are not as difficult, but can still draw decent lines. All of these appeared in the immediate area of the Hub.

Be aware that the character offerings can change, usually only slightly, from year to year.

The trick for the villians is to know where they are going to appear after the show. We had to stand in line twice (two shows) to get to meet Maleficent. The "lesser" villians didn't have such long lines (Frollo signed an autograph for a kid that went up to him and said "I don't know who you are, but will sign my book?"). We also just happened to run into Lotso outside CP.

What other rare characters are out and about? We attended MVMCP last Decemeber, so we met Captain Jack Sparrow (but can you ever have too many pics with him pirate:) Just missed the Country Bears by moments.

What other rare characters are out and about? We attended MVMCP last Decemeber, so we met Captain Jack Sparrow (but can you ever have too many pics with him pirate:) Just missed the Country Bears by moments.

Dwarves and princes most consistently. The others tend to change enough from year to year to make it difficult to predict. One of the better ones a couple of years ago was the Hag (Snow Queen in beggar form).

WE have gotten Abu and Genie. Jane from tarzan, heard Tarzan but he was off swingging on vines our night.

Some of the Villians that were placed around the hub (Tremaines, Lotso, Gaston, Jafar) were out all throughout the night except when the Villians Dance Mix & Mingle was on. They had shorter waits and were easier to get to.

The Villians in the show (Malificient, Cruella, Captain Hook, Dr Facillier, Snow Queen, Queen of Hearts) all came down from the stage directly after the show was over, and did meet & greets (all really quick, just pictures, no autographs) for a short period of time before they went backstage to prepare for the next show. You could get one, maybe two in each show time. The best thing to do, is watch the show, and be as close to the front as possible, make a beeline for the line you most want, and then take note of where everyone else is, and be in place for their line after the next show to meet them.

Character interactions at MNSSHP are fantastic, and be on the lookout for characters everywhere, and all kinds, the lines for some will be really long, but others are nice and short. Also keep your eye on the disboards for information about who is where (I THINK, that on the map, it just has the little hand symbol, meaning there's a character there, but they won't tell you who) Some of them are easy to guess (ex: Alice & the Hatter are the ones at the tea cups) while some of them aren't.

I don't really have anything to add - but since it will be our first trip to WDW during Halloween season I thought we had to go to MNSSHP- I am taking all the tips I can get! Thank you all so much for the great info!

I don't really have anything to add - but since it will be our first trip to WDW during Halloween season I thought we had to go to MNSSHP- I am taking all the tips I can get! Thank you all so much for the great info!

Everyone needs to experience MNSSHP at least once! Don't miss the dance parties. We danced and took pictures with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from Toy Story half the night. Then went over to the other party and danced with Chip and Dale, and Stitch. Get to the party early and get in line if you want a photo with the 7 Dwarfs it took a while but the kids made friends, had great conversations with the families in front and behind us.By the time we took our photo the line was stretched back to BTMRR!! The villians are the hardest to come by- we watched two shows just to get to the front to take pictures with Captain Hook

Here are my Character Reports from the last 3 years (with pictures):

MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORTS

vmm111.jpg

When we went last year my son was dressed as Peter Pan. The one and only thing I wanted out of the night was to get my little Peter Pan's photo with Hook. I'd heard about how impossible the villains were to get to. Even so I was unprepared for what we encountered. I am a mild mannered, non-pushy type. This must have been evident to those around me who pretty much shoved my 8-year-old and I aside in an attempt to get ahead. As the time that I knew they would be out began to near my son was almost frantic. The mild mannered part of me stepped back and as more people tried to shove us aside I spoke up and maintained our position in line. And then.... it was my son's turn. And Hook, who had been quite quick to wave goodbye to the guests approaching for photos (not rudely, just in an efficient manner) suddenly became super animated and started play acting his fear of my little Peter Pan. For nearly a full minute he cowered and attempted a duel. It was so awesome, once my shy son got into it. (I'd told him it would need to be quick so others could get their photo taken too so at first he was confused.) Sorry to have gone off question a little (or a lot, haha) there. Overall, the villains are VERY challenging to get a photo with. But occasionally, some magic happens and even the most "efficient" attempting characters go out of their way for a bit of awesomeness. :woohoo:

wcebzk.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter