MNSSHP candy

dsmith72

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me if it will be a problem to get candy and then go on rides? Is it an open bag where candy will fly out? Should we bring a separate backpack? My son is allergic to peanuts and I believe I read we can go to guest service before party and trade in the bag they give him for a special one so the cast members will know to give him peanut free candy-can anyone confirm this and procedure? Thanks-so excited for our first party!

I have a peanut allergy that is airborne as well as contact. The trick or treat locations have various chocolate including Snickers and Reeces Pieces. They just pick up and put a handful into the bag. If you want to make sure it's peanut free, you need to get that directly from Guest Relations, not the trick or treat stations.

Last year we didn't actually trick or treat at the stations. On the way out at the end of the party, we stopped at Guest Relations and they provided us with a bag of chocolate. There was so much and it was very good chocolate. You can just go straight to Guest Relations, you don't need to collect candy at the trick or treat stations to "swap" unless you want to do this.

The bag you get is the same for everyone. You receive a bag for everyone in your party when you enter the park and get your wrist back. It's a medium sized bag but it doesn't close. You can put it into another bag or a backpack. The rides that require you to put your bags away will have enough room to put your candy bag in.

Can someone tell me if it will be a problem to get candy and then go on rides? Is it an open bag where candy will fly out? Should we bring a separate backpack? My son is allergic to peanuts and I believe I read we can go to guest service before party and trade in the bag they give him for a special one so the cast members will know to give him peanut free candy-can anyone confirm this and procedure? Thanks-so excited for our first party!

My kids (then 5 and 3) would have been crushed not to do the trick or treating even though it is a bit of a time killer. This was our strategy for the night and it worked out perfectly for us.
1. Rides until official start of party
2. Important character M&G
3. Rides in fantasyland
4. Trick or treat pathway from fantasyland to tomorrowland
5. Dance party in tomorrowland
6. Parade and fireworks

We felt as though we accomplished everything that we needed to justify the expense of the tickets. Kids had a great time and so did we.

I was wondering what my plan was going to be looks like you had a good one I might try to go by that

What kind of candy is being given out this year? Any Disney specific, they have given out Mickey suckers in the past. Also, a couple of years ago they gave little or no chocolate.

Just curious what the mix was last night.

What kind of candy is being given out this year? Any Disney specific, they have given out Mickey suckers in the past. Also, a couple of years ago they gave little or no chocolate.

Just curious what the mix was last night.

Last night we saw Twix, Snickers, Tootsie Rolls, M&M's (Milk chocolate and peanuts) Kim Kats, Craisens, Crunch, Candy Corn, Skittles, lollipops (regular not Mickey Heads) Laffy Taffy, Sour Patch, Milky Way, Butterfingers, Nerds.

Last night we saw Twix, Snickers, Tootsie Rolls, M&M's (Milk chocolate and peanuts) Kim Kats, Craisens, Crunch, Candy Corn, Skittles, lollipops (regular not Mickey Heads) Laffy Taffy, Sour Patch, Milky Way, Butterfingers, Nerds.

:thumbsup2 and they were handing out large handfull's of it.

Here's hoping Disney never contracts with the "unknown black- & orange-wrapped candy from hell" company.

Here's hoping Disney never contracts with the "unknown black- & orange-wrapped candy from hell" company.

I am one of the only people I know who actually LIKES those things...but, nah, Uncle Walt only gives out the good stuff, all name brand too! My favorite from last year was at Village Haus where they had the Werther's green apple candy, which was new (and I'm sure was being promoted). They are so good!

I am one of the only people I know who actually LIKES those things...but, nah, Uncle Walt only gives out the good stuff, all name brand too! My favorite from last year was at Village Haus where they had the Werther's green apple candy, which was new (and I'm sure was being promoted). They are so good!

Where were you when I was looking to unload those things as a kid? You could have had all of mine! :lmao:

Love sour/apple candy - I would have been happy with a bag of that.

Where were you when I was looking to unload those things as a kid? You could have had all of mine! :lmao:

Love sour/apple candy - I would have been happy with a bag of that.

I was also the kid who took all the black jellybeans with pleasure. I love licorice! I guess I have weird tastes. I'd have loved to take your black & oranges, probably have traded some "better" stuff for 'em.

Those Werther's green apple candies are now readily available in stores everywhere. I think they even have a no sugar version. They are awesome!

It's Werther's green apple caramel candies, right? Or green apple hard candies like Jolly Ranchers?

It's Werther's green apple caramel candies, right? Or green apple hard candies like Jolly Ranchers?

The caramel candies. They are soft, but not too soft. They were given out at Village Haus last year with a big Werther's sign. I don't know that they would do it this year as it struck me as a promotion for a new product, but there might be something else new and special somewhere on those treat trails!

Thanks. I've purchased them at our local CVS/Rite-Aid and they're pretty tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter