MNSSHP and not dressing up

jp02

Mouseketeer
My family is planning on attending the Halloween party this year. Will we feel out of place if we don't go in costumes? We have never been so we aren't sure what to expect.

NO, you won't feel out of place at all. There are many, many, many people that don't dress up - my family included. You'll see a lot more Halloween t-shirts than elaborate costumes.

You will see a good mix of things, plain clothes, themed Halloween shirts, full blown costumes... and whether you do not dress up or do dress up, you will not be out of place.

There is no issue either way. Make what you want out of the evening! :)

Dan

Nope! I didn't dress up, I just wore Grumpy shirts :) My travel partner dressed in green as a nod to Mike W. from Monsters, Inc.

Since my wife and I (no kids) spend the day in MK when we have done MNSSHP, we don't wear costumes and have never felt out of place. Both times I have worn a Jack Skellington t-shirt and my wife has worn a Jack and Sally shirt and a Mickey vampire t-shirt. As the PPs have said, some people choose to go all out and some don't wear anything Halloween related.

Thanks for the reminder! We will be there for Halloween night this year.

Maybe costumes would be fun!

We also just wear Halloween themed t-shirts for MNSSHP! Some of the characters will be "dressed up" for Halloween, so I wanted Halloween themed shirts just for the pictures!

Our family did MNSSHP in "09. We chose to dress up (made great pictures), however trust me you won't feel "left" out. We did see a lot of Halloween themed tee shirts, however many families didn't wear the typical costumes.

It is still hot at night so dress for it. We have been gong for years and wear shorts and a Halloween t shirt or shirt.

My kids dress up but DH and I don't. It's fine. No one is really paying attention I don't think...lol
I know I'm not looking at other people, focused on my family. My older DD doesn't think she wants to do it again, not cool. But she will cause she likes to make DD4 happy and they usually dress in theme.

Last year I did one party not dressed up and then the 2nd one in costume. Met a lot of characters the 2nd night so it was a good talking point for them (I was dressed at Minnie Mouse but it was basically just a red/white polka dot dress with minnie ears and white gloves). Didn't feel out of place dressed either way and beyond the full on costumes I saw I didn't notice what other people were wearing. Like PPs have said Halloween themed t-shirts are a happy medium and it was still very warm in the evenings so just dress as comfortably as possible

Nope! We didn't dress up. I did wear a Maleficent tee, but I will wear the odd Disney tee on our trips, it wasn't planned that way. DD wore a monsters inc tee and a tutu, but again, this is typical disney dressing for us lol. We had a blast and saw a LOT of people not dressed up. have fun!!!

You definitely won't feel left out. The party I went to, I'd say just under half of the adults dressed up in some way or another, but I only really noticed the elaborate ones, and there were a few! Enjoy the people watching! :)

Nope not all all, but its also fun to be "allowed" to dress up as an adult if you want too :)
We went a few years ago and wore SuperHero Tshirts.
DH was Superman
I was Wonder Woman
DS was Batman
DD was Batgirl
and other DD was Supergirl
They were great for pictures very comfortable and "in the spirit" of Halloween :)

Does Disney sell Halloween themed t-shirts for kids? If so, can you get them ahead of time, at the Disney store for example before you go?

I am not that creative when it comes to costumes.. but, I think you'll really enjoy seeing what other people have come up with.. there are some AMAZING costumes and group looks that are in the park. I spoke to one woman who looked SO much like Cinderella that Disney management asked her to a) make sure she told kids she wasn't Cinderella, b) she couldn't pose for pictures, and c) she couldn't sign autographs. She told me she totally understood and complied with Disney because she was having fun just being there. She felt complimented that Management was worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter