MNSSHP and Dinner

Tistal

Mouseketeer
DH and I are trying to figure out how we're going to handle dinner for MNSSHP. Currently, we have reservations for Artists Point, but we're trying to decide if we should go back to the hotel and put on our costumes before or after dinner.

I'm wearing http://images.halloweencostumeideas.com/female_pirate_costume-1.jpg (with far more sensible shoes!). We don't have DH's costume yet, but we plan on matching. I told him I can't look like I've come off of a rather fashionable pirate ship and have him looking like he's a washed up on shore pirate :rotfl: So, we're both going as classy pirates (if there even is such a thing! YARG!).

He thinks they won't let us in Artists Point if we go to dinner dressed in our costumes. So, would you get dressed before or after dinner? I'm not worried about strange looks; he's just worried they won't seat us.

note: yes, we know head coverings must be removed in the restaurant.

If you're going to look like that, I think you would be seated anywhere! We are dining at Tony's in the park the night we're going to the party, so we will be in costume. If you have time and your regular clothes would be a little more comfortable, I would recommend dressing up after dinner.

We plan to get a locker and put our costumes in there until its time for MNSSHP. Maybe you guys could do the same or put the costumes in a tote bag and eat dinner before putting them on. I'm not sure where the restuarant is that you are going to but we plan on getting to MK early and riding the rides for a little while. Just a thought. Hope it helps!

We are having dinner at CP before the party and I would wear my costume but as it's almost completely white I don't want to risk getting any food on it :scared1:

So we will put ours on after dinner :)

Go for it!

You must be dining early to be at the party, and in a restaurant near the MK. They are aware that MNSSHP is happening, so they may be used to having an occasional patron wearing a costume. I don't think it would be a problem at all, as long as YOU are comfortable.

Go for it!

I don't think it would be a problem at all, as long as YOU are comfortable.

WDW is about the only place that I can be relatively sure that I won't see the people I see there again. I'll have no problem walking in with my head held high. :lmao:

I think DH is just worried because it's a signature restaurant even though we've both seen people in them coming straight from the parks.

I'm going to assume you have one of the first seatings, so I wouldn't worry about it. It would be pretty stressful to try to eat at AP and then head somewhere to change and then head to the party, unless you were planning to bring your costumes with you to AP and then change at WL before weading to the party. I guess you could leave all your extra items in a locker durring the party.

If you want to put DH mind at ease, give the restaurant a call and see what they say. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first or last time they have heard that question. :thumbsup2

Hi Tistal, great costume. I agree with the other posters--go for it! You're at Disney World; people shouldn't be too surprised to run into a pirate or princess anywhere they go! :lmao:

And not that you asked, but...I have a super pair of tall Clarks boots with high but chunky heels that I could probably wear for the entire party. They look great with dresses and pants. If you find a pair at the outlet like I did, grab em! (The year we did PPP, I wished for comfy boots...)

Maybe move Artist's Point to another night? Not because of the costumes, but because I wouldn't want to rush out of there to get to the party. We never do ADR's on party nights any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter