MNSSHP and dining

Some of the info I have read is confusing. The party doesn't start till 7 but people suggest getting there at 4? :confused3 Doesn't make sense to me because nothing begins before 7 so I'm planning on heading over at 530 or 6. But we have park hoppers for our trip so it doesn't matter really.

As for dinner I didn't make a reservation. We are going to do a quick service that evening.

The 4pm entry is probably most beneficial to those who don't have a regular park ticket to use that day, or who don't have park hoppers and want to spend the morning at another park. That way they can gain entry into MK at 4pm for the cost of the party ticket, rather than having to buy an admission ticket also.

I've been to several parties and believe eating at 5 is best. This year we are going to GFC for dinner at 5, their first seating for dinner. Hope to be back at MK by 6:30. I always do MK on party day because the park is soooo empty until after 4.

For us we don't waste a park ticket on that day. At $260.00 for the party tickets we are just sticking with the party. I found that if we don't leave the park and take a nap that sometimes the parents have melt downs too :rotfl: Our plan is to go to the BBB DTD and then hit some of the monorail resorts to look at decorations like we did for Christmas. I wanted to go to Kona for sushi but I hear it's not open until after 5 so we are going to WPE in DTD.

we don't go to the parks on that day just hung out at the pool and nap b4 getting up and dress to go to MNSSHP....we are just doing a QS at Coronado springs b4 going to the park we the LOVE the QS for dinner at that resort:) I would not be able to do an all day with a 3 year and 13 year old then the party not for me lol they need a nap (I'll need a nap b4 doing a late night in the park lol)
But you are going to stay in the park all day I would keep the dinner at 5pm:)

So we are going to WDW for the first time and are new to all of this(me, DH and DS(4) DS(4). I just ran across this thread and I am now worried. We are going to MNSSHP and have a 6:05 ADR at CP. Should I cancel it? How long does a character meal take? Will we really miss that much stuff? Thanks!

So we are going to WDW for the first time and are new to all of this(me, DH and DS(4) DS(4). I just ran across this thread and I am now worried. We are going to MNSSHP and have a 6:05 ADR at CP. Should I cancel it? How long does a character meal take? Will we really miss that much stuff? Thanks!

I personally would not change your ressie....you're not going to miss anything! Two years ago we attended MNNSHP, we had 6:30p ressies at Chef Mickeys, we then walked the pathway into the MK, didn't get into the park until closer to 8:00p and enjoyed ourselves immensely. You have to remember there are two parade times, candy stations spread throughout the park and so much to do that i can't imagine you'll be missing anything by eating at 6:05p. With the crowd levels the way they were, we were actually glad to have gotten there a little later...while most were at the first parade, we enjoyed going on all the rides with practically no wait time. We then enjoyed getting our spot for the second parade which crowd wise, was much better, and once that parade was done, a lot of folks were leaving the park all together which left us to enjoy the rides again and again.

I would keep the 5pm ADR. When you get out it will be time for the party.

Just make sure to ride all the rides you want before dinner that aren't open during the party hours.

I wouldn't worry. As mommyrosa mentioned...two parade times and so much to do. Unless you have really young ones that are going to get too tuckered out to stay for the second parade showing...I see no reason to be concerned about not getting started with the party until 7:30ish (about 1.5 hours from the start of your dinner at 6pm).

I'm so glad a I read all your posts! We have a 5:20 res at CM for my Daughter's birthday on the day of the Halloween party. I didn't know if I should change it but I'm going to keep it now! Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter