• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP...adults only!

Camno's Mama

DIS Veteran
My dh and I are going to WDW for the first time without the kids at the end of September. We got tickets to MNSSHP...it actually saved us money and maximized on our park time. The tickets were cheaper than a third day of park tickets, and the park stays open until 12! Win, win!

Anyway...we obviously want to ride the rides, see the fireworks and I read that the parade is pretty awesome. Any other suggestions for adults?

I don't think we'll do the costume thing...my dh gave me an "are you serious" look when I told him about that. :)

I'm so excited though...it sounds like a lot of fun. And it's something that I never really thought we'd do. If we were there with our three kids and 7 day tickets that were already paid for, we never could have stomached the cost. This just worked out beautifully!

My sister and I will attend the MNSSHP as well "KID FREE" this fall. I went in 2009 with my DH and my DD. The costuming is fun! After all remember, when you walk through that MK archway...we're all 12 again! Rejoice in the silliness and garb it up! You will be happy you did. This year, we're going Marti Gras. My mask is already purchased.

It's quite a late night for the little ones, mine was bushed at about 9:30 and we didn't get to see most of the parade because if it. I'm definitely looking forward to going with my sister.

HAVE A MAGICAL TIME! :thumbsup2

We did that 2 years ago for exactly the same reasons, and are doing it again this year. Remember, you can enter the park earlier than the party starts (I think 4-4:30). Be sure to ride any rides first that are not going to be open during the party. We did not wear costumes last time, I just wore a Halloween t-shirt from Target. My husband was not interested AT ALL. This time I am dressing up as a Dapper Dan, and he is not dressing up again.

We did all of the rides, ate dinner, watched the parade (favorite part!), and went trick-or-treating. Super fun to do as adults! This time we are taking some of the time for a table service dinner, since we relized we had plenty of time last time. We left the park around 11:30, tired but having seen everything we were interested in. To give you a sense of what can be accomplished in that time, we rode:

Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Snow White
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Monsters Inc Laugh Factory
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Have fun at the party!
Kim

If you're willing to skip the fireworks or parade, a lot of the rides will be even more empty at those times. Last trip my DW and I went in simple costumes: her in a teal shirt, donald duck bill, felt tail and fedora. Me in a white lab coat over a black T shirt and khaki trousers. Most everyone figured her out right away. A few of the folks guessed me, eventually. :) Great fun. Highly recommended at any age.

We are going on the 13th of Sept just DH and I. We don't have kids, but feel this is the perfect time to act like one! We are going as Mickey and Minnie. I found a great guy Mickey costume that is his red shorts, a black shirt, white gloves, and a baseball hat that has ears. He couldn't say no to that!

Thanks, you are getting me more excited! I'm a bit leery of trick or treating, but I love candy, so I don't think I can walk by it...I'll be the strange old lady with a bag full! I love all the information provided by those who have been there before!

You don't have to dress up as such, but you could make a T-shirt each or something - lots of designs on these boards. We had a great time last year.

We've gone three times adults only and are planning on making it 4 this year!

This will be our first time with costumes too (if I can get them done:sad2:)

I love the parade: mostly because of the real animals! I LOOOOOVE hounds.

No more spoilers, I promise.:)

Oh my goodness, my husband and I had SO much fun going two years ago. We decided to dress up, but be careful, it was UNUSUALLY HOT and we wore thick cavemen costumes. Ugh, we were miserable. But there are definitely lots of adults in costume. You cannot pass up the candy. There are raisins too if you want to go healthy (but why?) I definitely recommend the parade and fireworks because they're just so special and you can't see them any other time than the party. Have fun! We're going again this year... our last time without kids (due in April with our first!) :goodvibes

OMGosh! My DH and I went to the party for the first time last year. We always go to MVMCP but this was a first. We loved it! Did not do costumes...just wore Halloween themed T-shirts. The parade was the best for me. The headless horseman was great! The grave diggers. I have to say this is one of my favorite, if not favorite parade now.
I am doing my first ever solo trip in about 7 days and plan on going to MNSSHP by myself. Probably will not dress up but will be sitting front and center to see the headless horseman riding down Mail Street USA!

Have fun!

I just can't imagine Mrs. Tex and I going to a halloween party of this magnitude and not dressing for it! It's not like anyone's going to point and laugh or anything. And even if they do, well... Great! Somebody's enjoying my costume as much as I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter