MNSSHP ? About MK hrs...

Ok, I just want to make sure I have this right... I think I read somewhere that purchasing a ticket for MNSSHP gets you in MK @ 4 that day, yes? So I could do AK until like, 3, head over to MK and get in (even if I DON'T have a PH?) And what happens between 4 and 7 if the party doesn't start until then? Do characters show up early or is it just 3 hours to ride rides? Thanks in advance again! :thumbsup2

Is the Halloween Party really worth the added money. For us, we would be looking at around $300 (family of 6; 2 adults 4 kids).

monorailrabbit said:
Ok, I just want to make sure I have this right... I think I read somewhere that purchasing a ticket for MNSSHP gets you in MK @ 4 that day, yes? So I could do AK until like, 3, head over to MK and get in (even if I DON'T have a PH?) And what happens between 4 and 7 if the party doesn't start until then? Do characters show up early or is it just 3 hours to ride rides? Thanks in advance again! :thumbsup2

The three hours is basically extra park time. Nothing at the party starts until 7:00p.

You are correct, no PH required as the party ticket is completely separate from any other ticket.

khaoskat said:
Is the Halloween Party really worth the added money. For us, we would be looking at around $300 (family of 6; 2 adults 4 kids).

Many here will tell you yes, including me. But worth is subjective, and I recommend you research what happens at the party to judge for yourself.

We typically do AK until noon on party days, then head back to our room and rest. We then head for the MK so we arrive around 3:30 to be at the front of the park for 4 PM park entry. We usually make an early dinner ADR around 4:30.

Between 4 and 7 is just regular park stuff. Party specific characters do not come out until 7. If you want to mmet the dwarfs, we typically line up right after dinner aroun 6 we're near the front of the line and don't waste a lot of party time on that meet and greet.

Of Christmas party and Halloween party, we actually prefer Halloween. Great thing about the parties are relatively lower crowds normally. Plus you can get in with just the party ticket at 4.

We usually do Animal kingdom in the morning , rest up and a party at night. I think they are generally the same days every year, relative days of the week, not same dates.

We actually did the party on Halloween one year and the crowds were shockingly low and everyone was dressed up l, it was a lot of fun.

Of Christmas party and Halloween party, we actually prefer Halloween. Great thing about the parties are relatively lower crowds normally. Plus you can get in with just the party ticket at 4.

We usually do Animal kingdom in the morning , rest up and a party at night. I think they are generally the same days every year, relative days of the week, not same dates.

We actually did the party on Halloween one year and the crowds were shockingly low and everyone was dressed up l, it was a lot of fun.

Wow, it's very unusual to experience low crowds on any night, let alone Halloween night. You must be living right. Did you mostly just do rides? If you're there for the special party stuff (characters, fireworks, parade) the belief is generally that they oversell the party tickets. My experience at MVMCP in early December has typically been wall to wall people on Main Street.

The three hours is basically extra park time. Nothing at the party starts until 7:00p.

You are correct, no PH required as the party ticket is completely separate from any other ticket.

Many here will tell you yes, including me. But worth is subjective, and I recommend you research what happens at the party to judge for yourself.

We typically do AK until noon on party days, then head back to our room and rest. We then head for the MK so we arrive around 3:30 to be at the front of the park for 4 PM park entry. We usually make an early dinner ADR around 4:30.

Between 4 and 7 is just regular park stuff. Party specific characters do not come out until 7. If you want to mmet the dwarfs, we typically line up right after dinner aroun 6 we're near the front of the line and don't waste a lot of party time on that meet and greet.

Super! Thanks so much! I am so excited now! :goodvibes

That's what we did, we have ap. I was just annoyed they were kicking out earlier than 7 but had no problem being out by 7. You pay a lot to go to the parties why should people be able to go for free.

Could you tell me what time was early? What time did they start forcing you out?

I am interested in knowing if we decide to go on a MNSSHP day about what time COULD be we are asked to leave.

If there's no party and it's the off season, then the park isn't going to stay open much later than 7 anyway. You're still getting what you pay for if you choose to go to MK on a party day. Folks pay the extra money for the privilege of staying "late" and getting all the party fun!

Could you tell me what time was early? What time did they start forcing you out?

I am interested in knowing if we decide to go on a MNSSHP day about what time COULD be we are asked to leave.

I've never seen anybody asked to leave before the announcement at 7pm is made, and I've done the MNSSHP a few times.

After the announcement is made, you'll find it almost instantly impossible to do anything besides shop on Main St.

You probably won't even be able to shop at or after 7 without a party wristband. There have been posts in other threads about the parties which stated that only partygoers were allowed to buy anything in the shops after 7.

You probably won't even be able to shop at or after 7 without a party wristband. There have been posts in other threads about the parties which stated that only partygoers were allowed to buy anything in the shops after 7.

It's also been reported that they check for wristband at restroom entrances at 7:00.

I've never seen anybody asked to leave before the announcement at 7pm is made, and I've done the MNSSHP a few times.

After the announcement is made, you'll find it almost instantly impossible to do anything besides shop on Main St.

We weren't "asked to leave" as much as we were repeatedly reminded that we needed to be out by 7:00. This was around the time the announcement started playing over the loudspeaker, whatever time that is. It was annoying...we were making our way down Main Street toward the exit, we really didn't need the repeated reminders prior to 7:00. I really think that CMs should be trained not to give personal reminders...I think the loudspeakers do the job. CMs should save the "gentle" reminders until 6:55 or so, I think. Because the issue wasn't being reminded once, it was being reminded over and over again by different CMs, who obviously didn't know we'd already been reminded.

As for whether the party is worth it...absolutely. We had a great time at the party. Can't wait to go again this year! In addition to the rate M&Gs, there are just a lot of fun things to do.

A good idea is to go in at 4pm. Either do a counter service meal or have a reservation. It's also a great idea to meet some characters in your comtume before the party has started. The party characters don't come out but you can meet Tink and her friends, Tiana and Naveen after 5pm, Woody and Jessie, Buzz, Ariel. You can meet quite a few characters before the party has started that you won't have to meet during the party. All of these characters don't have different outfits for the party, even if they're meeting at all.

Wow, it's very unusual to experience low crowds on any night, let alone Halloween night. You must be living right. Did you mostly just do rides? If you're there for the special party stuff (characters, fireworks, parade) the belief is generally that they oversell the party tickets. My experience at MVMCP in early December has typically been wall to wall people on Main Street.

I have been to Pirate & Princess once (the one year it was held) and MVMCP three times. Each time our focus was rides, but always found the crowds to be very light. It was especially striking to me in 2012, as it was my first time since becoming a passholder. We walked onto every single ride, and had short waits for the characters we met. Perhaps it was just luck of being there on the right nights, but it was fantastic to experience a "dead" MK.

Actually, you cannot shop after 7 PM either. This is very different from regular park closing, even on an EMH night. You know Disney means business because they won't even SELL you anything after 7 PM. For which I am grateful. If I pay $65 a head to be there along with tens of thousands of others, I at least want the non-paying folks to leave.

645 they started to look at people without wristbands when we went during xmas

This is very unusual and not standard procedure for the party. As a PP mentioned, there have been stories of rogue CMs taking their park clearing duties a little too diligently, but you are indeed supposed to be able to stay right up until 7, and can enter a ride queue up until 7. You cannot however enter a character queue right up until 7. For example, they will cut the regular line for the princess line early enough that the last regular guest will be done by 7.

I have been to Pirate & Princess once (the one year it was held) and MVMCP three times. Each time our focus was rides, but always found the crowds to be very light. It was especially striking to me in 2012, as it was my first time since becoming a passholder. We walked onto every single ride, and had short waits for the characters we met. Perhaps it was just luck of being there on the right nights, but it was fantastic to experience a "dead" MK.

I'm not surprised. I consistently see stories of people saying the parties have light crowds, and almost without fail these people have done mostly rides. That is because most folks willing to pay $65 a head (when an extra day on a regular multi day ticket is $10) are there to do the things they could not do during the day. I have been to 9 MVMCPs, 2 MNSSHPs and 3 P&Ps. And I can think of really one one that I would consider to have had a low crowd. But we rarely do more than one or two rides. We usually are there for special character meets, fireworks, parades and shows. And I, along with many others, think they oversell those hard ticket events.

DO go to a hard ticket party if you are looking to do rides with a short wait. DO go to a hard ticket party if you want to meet characters you can't see on a regular park day. DO go to a hard ticket party for some of the best parades you can see at Disney.

DO NOT go to a hard ticket party hoping to find an uncrowded park.

We weren't "asked to leave" as much as we were repeatedly reminded that we needed to be out by 7:00. This was around the time the announcement started playing over the loudspeaker, whatever time that is. It was annoying...we were making our way down Main Street toward the exit, we really didn't need the repeated reminders prior to 7:00. I really think that CMs should be trained not to give personal reminders...I think the loudspeakers do the job. CMs should save the "gentle" reminders until 6:55 or so, I think. Because the issue wasn't being reminded once, it was being reminded over and over again by different CMs, who obviously didn't know we'd already been reminded.

As for whether the party is worth it...absolutely. We had a great time at the party. Can't wait to go again this year! In addition to the rate M&Gs, there are just a lot of fun things to do.

I'd agree, save for the fact that every year and every time I've done the party, I've always seen some guest blowout over being told that they had to leave because of the party. People are on rides and don't hear the announcements, aren't aware there's a party, assume the park is open normal hours... Then they see people streaming in wearing costumes, think it looks neat... Then it's a total stunner when they're told they had to leave because they had "no idea" there was a special event... Or my personal favorite "if it's a private event, why are all these people here?"

Plus, there is a considerable amount of time and coordination that go into emptying a full park of non-attendees while simultaneously allowing entry to a huge amount of party guests, especially if it's already a full park. If they don't start getting people thinking about exiting who should be exiting at a time before the party, it makes a logistical nightmare for CM's to accommodate the needs of the paying guests who should be there while hustling the non-paying guests who shouldn't be out the door. Ideally, they want the non-guests out as quickly as possible as party people are told the party starts at 7 and expect that, at that time, they will start to have the park to themselves, as is advertised.

The alternative would be to totally shut the park down at 6 and then do re-entry at 7 for party guests... Obviously that's less convenient and more disruptive then just having a CM remind you "tonight the park closes at 7." Because you may know, but in all likelihood 7 out of the 10 people they notify won't know at all, and 1 or 2 out of that 7 will be combative or completely mad to be told they have to leave when it looks like the park is gearing up for something unusual, holiday related, special, and fun.

Actually, you cannot shop after 7 PM either. This is very different from regular park closing, even on an EMH night. You know Disney means business because they won't even SELL you anything after 7 PM. For which I am grateful. If I pay $65 a head to be there along with tens of thousands of others, I at least want the non-paying folks to leave.

I don't disagree in the slightest with the sentiment that, as a party guest, I want people who aren't paying to get out. Nothing irritates me more then the posts of people who're trying to be sneaky and make their CP or BOG reservations at 6:45 so they can "linger out the door" during the parade or Hallowishes. I always feel like, if you want to see it, pay for the ticket or view it from off-property. It's getting a service with a financial value for free, and we all know what the word for that is...

I will say though, having been the non-party guest on a party night, what they did for us was we were allowed to go in the store, but promptly at 7 people were put at all the entry points so, when you left, you were told to leave and at like 7:30, you were walked out when you were done. They didn't do a clean sweep of the stores, and actually at 7 I don't think they prevented us from going in the store, but you were strongly encouraged to be out and gone by 7:30. And there was certainly no hanging out in the store then wandering out when the parade started... You were walked out. Maybe that's changed, or maybe it's because it was a rainy night and park attendance was low and the parade was in question, but that's how they did it with us.

I don't disagree in the slightest with the sentiment that, as a party guest, I want people who aren't paying to get out. Nothing irritates me more then the posts of people who're trying to be sneaky and make their CP or BOG reservations at 6:45 so they can "linger out the door" during the parade or Hallowishes. I always feel like, if you want to see it, pay for the ticket or view it from off-property. It's getting a service with a financial value for free, and we all know what the word for that is...

I agree, that it's wrong for people to deliberately try and see the parade and fireworks. But I don't have a problem with them making a late dinner reservation to maximize their time in the park.

We plan on watching Hallowishes from outside the park at the Contemporary during our trip in October. We are attending two parties the following week but it's on our arrival day and we'll be too tired to stick it out until midnight.We'll be at MK for the afternoon and then leaving for a Chef Mickey reservation at 7:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter