• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2015 - Be Prepared For Chaos

I know a lot of people would say oh, it was only 500 bloggers that were invited. BUT, that many bloggers would have probably brought at minimum of another person or two, if not more. That would be why the party was sold out when it probably normally wouldn't have been.

Don't worry, I am sure that the Media, the new Hocus Pocus show, and the event schedule changes impacted last nights party. It's the first party. Disney has time to sort things out as time progresses. I hope they took notes. Lol. Keep a look out on the status of this years September progress. This might help you determine the best time to visit. Also, like one other poster mentioned, choose a day that does not have discounts for DVC or AP.

How do you know when there are Discounts? Also I have read so much that the first couple Tuesday parties are the best to go to because typically they are lower crowds. But like you said maybe all the changes made a difference this year. Also maybe the Jewish holiday made an impact as well?

I think it will be tougher going with small children because of the crowds. We went when our kids were little and had no problems at all getting candy and riding rides but that was a few years ago. My husband and I are going by ourselves this time so we can "mosy along". Sorry you had such a rough time! as you say, it may get better in the days to come (as long as you aren't at the END of October).

I am seriously hoping this was just a fluke and Friday is not as bad.

For those who were in the park already how did you get your wristband? We are looking at spending the day in MK. We do have tickets for both.
We walked out of The Laugh Floor right at 4:00 and they were handing them out right there! That part was super easy:). They gave everyone a map and bag too!

For all of you people saying it was probably just crowded around the hub and main street...that was not the case last night. I don't go for the party stuff, I just like the MK at night. Although it was not packed, there were plenty of people all over the park. I am sure some wait times were short. But at some point during the night I noticed PP had a 45 min wait. Not what you would expect. The bottom line...a hard ticket event with obscene prices should NOT be this crowded. Ever. Disney greed is rearing its ugly head on these parties. It used to be great, but not so much anymore.

I cant see your picture, so dont know why you think it was exclusive.

Because the person who put it on Instagram or Twitter or wherever I pulled it from said that it was an exclusive meet with Tiana. Yes, Tiana is available to anyone, but these folks were given an MNSSHP pre-party where Tiana mingled with them. Maybe you don't consider that an "exclusive" meet, but I do.

The bottom line...a hard ticket event with obscene prices should NOT be this crowded. Ever. Disney greed is rearing its ugly head on these parties. It used to be great, but not so much anymore.
I agree. The first time we went to MNSSHP, it was like an "E Ticket Night"* with people in costumes, a parade, fireworks and street parties. Best. Party. Ever. Now, it is like a typical evening on a crowd level 7 night. Yes, the special events are still there. Maybe even more. But the crowds are too big to enjoy it. The events are selling out...and many people are reporting that they are "done" with this event. Will the new blood be enough to replenish the old blood?

*For those that remember those nights of pure awesomeness.

Getting nervous! This is our first year going. My youngest is 18m so I am praying she can sleep in the stroller. Anyone have any good tips that went for us? Better places to stand with strollers for the parade or show?

I went last year, loved it, lots of people, but still fun and manageable. Went yesterday, insane, did not have fun. Managed to see the show, fireworks and the second parade, but I'm not paying for a special event to have to fight for my spot (And I mean that almost literally) to watch the shows.

Needless to say I'm not going back next year.

So I was at the party yesterday also and it was crowded. It was sold out and it was more crowded then I expected. I went last year a week before Halloween and it didn't seem as crowded as last night.

The rides had little wait. I think Mine Train when it was open was the longest at 30 mins but the character lines were crazy. I waited 20-25 mins for Jafer (our shortest wait). Waited 45 mins for Tarzan (was my nephews must do). Was going to do Aladdin but his was at least 45 mins and never was shorter. Even when they took their break for the parade people stayed in line. The Drawfs was at least 1.5 hour with people lined up by 5pm and the suggestion to get in line during the parade and fireworks didn't matter. The line never got shorter.

Candy lines were crazy but I will say that after 10 we did the stops on the path between fantasy and tomorrow and we walked right thru. Even with long lines they moved fast.

It was still a fun time. My nephew had a great time and it was our last night but we only saw 1/2 the fireworks because we were on a ride and then we decided to skip the parade. We planned to watch the 2nd one but it was 3 people deep right after the fireworks. It was our last night after 7 days so we left right before it. We also couldn't get close to the stage for the show so we just left.

Wait a minute, how many blogger tickets do you think they gave away? Are we talking an extra 5000 people because of this? Personally I wouldn't expect the number to be more than 500 and a park that routinely operates at 50K in attendance per day should be able to handle that.

I agree a number around 500 is probably more realistic. There is another Disney blogger popping up every time you turn around, but I am pretty sure that Disney only invites those that have a lot of traction in the community like DIS Unplugged, Josh, Kenny, Disney Food Blog, Dad's Guide to WDW, WDW Magic, etc. and a bunch of others. But definitely not everyone who talks about Disney on a blog.

For the folks who are upset about them being there, this is the new way to market events or new products, etc. Disney doesn't have to spend the millions to advertise the event on TV anymore. When was the last time you saw a commercial specifically promoting MNSSHP or MVMCP unless you live in Florida? These days companies pay to get their product into the hands of the blogging community knowing that we will eat up any reviews or videos they may post. Yes, Disney really hopes the reviews will be positive, but they also know that they won't all be. Some of the ladies may be familiar with the phenomenon that is Erin Condren Life Planners. Ever see an ad for those? or did you just read a blog or watch a YouTube video with someone raving about how much they love them? Same thing. It is all about word-of-mouth via blogs and social media.

Okay, new rules of marketing rant over. Thank you for indulging me. :mic:

However, all of the negative reports of crowds are causing me to rethink buying tickets for two parties.

I think it would be cool if they did at Epcot, something similar to what they do at Christmas... Maybe each country tell a ghost story, legend, or fall story about their respective countries.
Maybe offer special event elsewhere like making the Chip & Dale campfire Halloween themed.. Or doing the villain event more than one night! Do a pumpkin hunt the same way they do the Easter egg hunt at Epcot. Ugh so many possibilities!
They are incorporating a Ratatouie hunt for ingredients to a special recipe during FW.

They also weren't checking fur the party bracelets much
So non party guests weren't able to ride rides but they were able to linger around for the shows, and parades adding to the crowd

They also weren't checking fur the party bracelets much
So non party guests weren't able to ride rides but they were able to linger around for the shows, and parades adding to the crowd

That's true. We were checked a couple times early on, but CM's looked overwhelmed and some were just looking at each other. Overheard one of them on her radio saying in a frantic tone "I just don't know what to do". That in itself may not mean much, but clearly MK was unprepared for this night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter