MNSSHP 2015 - Be Prepared For Chaos

To answer the question "will we stop going?" The answer is YES! I grew up going to Disney, then took our older kids a few times a year, and our youngest daughter has gone monthly over the last 10 years and we now take the grands as well. However the good ole Disney days are gone. I have been attending special event parties for 25 years. My older daughter who is now 25 attended her first Very Merry Xmas party at just 4 months with her 2 big brothers. What use to be a great event is now just complete chaos. I didn't ask for Disney to reimburse me for anything or comp me some tickets. (I Have never sent a complaint in my entire life to them). However I did take the time to write them a long email saying basically what I said here. A LOYAL customer and told them about our events of the night. Instead of a chain letter, I would have liked the decency of somebody to call me back. It is also a little upsetting to hear that others are getting all kinds of compensation for the same event. Maybe they think oh, she is an annual pass holder, she is DVC, she frequently cruises, she will be back. Sorry Disney, the answer is no, it is not the same for me and not s good deal when you are a pass holder. The night cost me $500 with tickets and a hotel. (I was out of DVC Points)

I honestly hope they step it up and bring the old Disney back. I have 3 little grands who I would love to continue the tradition with but no thanks, not with this chaos. My 13 year had a great ride. We will probably still keep our passes just because we love the resorts but Disney has just taken so much of the magic away.

How have the most recent parties been as far as crowds? Have the CM's been removing guests without bands?

To answer the question "will we stop going?" The answer is YES! I grew up going to Disney, then took our older kids a few times a year, and our youngest daughter has gone monthly over the last 10 years and we now take the grands as well. However the good ole Disney days are gone. I have been attending special event parties for 25 years. My older daughter who is now 25 attended her first Very Merry Xmas party at just 4 months with her 2 big brothers. What use to be a great event is now just complete chaos. I didn't ask for Disney to reimburse me for anything or comp me some tickets. (I Have never sent a complaint in my entire life to them). However I did take the time to write them a long email saying basically what I said here. A LOYAL customer and told them about our events of the night. Instead of a chain letter, I would have liked the decency of somebody to call me back. It is also a little upsetting to hear that others are getting all kinds of compensation for the same event. Maybe they think oh, she is an annual pass holder, she is DVC, she frequently cruises, she will be back. Sorry Disney, the answer is no, it is not the same for me and not s good deal when you are a pass holder. The night cost me $500 with tickets and a hotel. (I was out of DVC Points)

I honestly hope they step it up and bring the old Disney back. I have 3 little grands who I would love to continue the tradition with but no thanks, not with this chaos. My 13 year had a great ride. We will probably still keep our passes just because we love the resorts but Disney has just taken so much of the magic away.

Can I ask which party night did you attend?

I finally got a phone call today from a cast member. We talked for at least 30 minutes. More than any refund, free park tickets, or future party vouchers I was just happy he called. I felt for the first time in quite awhile that Disney may still truly care.

I finally got a phone call today from a cast member. We talked for at least 30 minutes. More than any refund, free park tickets, or future party vouchers I was just happy he called. I felt for the first time in quite awhile that Disney may still truly care.
I'm not surprised they called and offered you comp..

I haven't been to a MK party in several years and the sold-out ones were nuts even back then.

Hasn't been that way for a few years. Disney is selling more and more tickets each year.
This is a much debated issue. The CM I talked to said that the number of tickets sold for both the Halloween and Xmas parties hasn't changed for the last few years. Most guesses fall within the 25,000-35,000 range per party, but it sure does feel like more have been sold this year.

I'm not sure how they can do this as long as using a MB is optional. There are offsite guests who buy party tickets as well, and they shouldn't be forced to buy a MB to attend the party. If they're going to go that route, they'd would almost have to do something like include a MB with the purchase of a party ticket (which will then increase the price of a party ticket, I'm sure).

Disney reports that POS numbers have increased by 25% by guests who are wearing MBs, my guess is that Disney will be handing out MBs to party goers who don't have bands already. Heck they mail out millions of duplicates now, I think we have 30 or more.

They can wheel out cattle shoots with readers and a "Y" gates. It reads your band, paid for party, you go left, negative verification, you go right for CM assistance.

:earsboy: Bill

Last I understood, Disney had stopped attributing the increase in guest spending to MBs, and were attributing it mainly to higher prices...(I could be wrong, but I thought I remember someone here summarizing a recent stockholders call along those lines, and MBs were *not* mentioned as a reason for the increase in spending).

Last I understood, Disney had stopped attributing the increase in guest spending to MBs, and were attributing it mainly to higher prices...(I could be wrong, but I thought I remember someone here summarizing a recent stockholders call along those lines, and MBs were *not* mentioned as a reason for the increase in spending).

Anything's possible, the increased spending was told by Iger during an interview.

:earsboy: Bill

I was at the party last night (10/1) and while it was most definitely busier than last year, I didn't find it overwhelming. The ride lines were short, candy lines were long but moved very quickly (waited no longer than 3-5 min each with most of it being walking), certain character lines were short and we got prime viewing for parade and hallowishes. The only downfall was trying to get a spot where I could see the hocus pocus show. So many kids on parents shoulders made it very hard, but that's hard to control.

Cast members were at every turn and bridge at 7 asking to see wristbands. Also on rides. I didn't see anyone who didn't have one. They gave out less candy than last year, but we still did pretty good. Overall it was successful for my group. Rode several rides, trick or treated, saw a couple less popular characters, saw the shows, and got a few photo pass pictures in our costumes. The crowds were big but had no effect on us.

Would I go again? Definitely. Trying to get my bf to go for a quick trip in December for Christmas. I would wait a couple years to do the Halloween party again just because although I love it (halloweens my fave) it's the same thing each year with the exception of the hocus pocus show. Love hallowishes and the parade, but would prefer to watch regular wishes given the opportunity. I had a blast and I will not be calling to complain!

I hope more of you have a good time at future parties!

I was at the party last night (10/1) and while it was most definitely busier than last year, I didn't find it overwhelming. The ride lines were short, candy lines were long but moved very quickly (waited no longer than 3-5 min each with most of it being walking), certain character lines were short and we got prime viewing for parade and hallowishes. The only downfall was trying to get a spot where I could see the hocus pocus show. So many kids on parents shoulders made it very hard, but that's hard to control.

Cast members were at every turn and bridge at 7 asking to see wristbands. Also on rides. I didn't see anyone who didn't have one. They gave out less candy than last year, but we still did pretty good. Overall it was successful for my group. Rode several rides, trick or treated, saw a couple less popular characters, saw the shows, and got a few photo pass pictures in our costumes. The crowds were big but had no effect on us.

Would I go again? Definitely. Trying to get my bf to go for a quick trip in December for Christmas. I would wait a couple years to do the Halloween party again just because although I love it (halloweens my fave) it's the same thing each year with the exception of the hocus pocus show. Love hallowishes and the parade, but would prefer to watch regular wishes given the opportunity. I had a blast and I will not be calling to complain!

I hope more of you have a good time at future parties!

We're going Sunday. Is the best spot for the parade still in Frontierland near Diamond Horseshoe/Country Bears or there about? Also would love to know where you guys set up for Hallowishes. Thanks in advance!

I had an awesome view from where it started outside pecos bills, accidentally stumbled across the roped off area 15 mins early and no one was there yet.

The CM I talked to on the phone about the September 15th party was wonderful. It's always nice when you have a complaint about a service the person makes you feel like they are really listening. I'm really not a complainer but when I do express my satisfaction about a service and I get "I'm sorry you felt that way" type of response, like I'm imagining the bad experience, I think to myself how I will never patronize the business again. I didn't ask the CM for compensation but was offered the one day park hopper plus 1 anytime fast pass because I mentioned how we were thrown off the Mine Twice twice after waiting on line for 20 minutes. I don't know when I'll get back to Orlando but they are good for 20 years so I might end up going with my not born yet grandchildren! :)

We're going Sunday. Is the best spot for the parade still in Frontierland near Diamond Horseshoe/Country Bears or there about? Also would love to know where you guys set up for Hallowishes. Thanks in advance!

Around 9 we found a spot in the middle of the hub for the 9:20 hocus pocus show, celebrate the magic, and hallowishes. Crowded, but not too bad. Right after hallowishes we crossed the bridge to liberty square and sat on the rock wall across from hall of presidents. We needed a break anyways. But it didn't really fill up until right before the parade. It was a great spot with lots of interaction.

On Sunday we watched Hallowishes on the right side of the hub area right at the Tommorowland Bridge and had a great view. We got there right about 9:50 during the Celebrate the Magic show. No need to stake out a spot early, it is so much better now with the open hub and no FP+ viewing area during the party. As soon as the fireworks ended, we zipped right into Tommorowland and did a bunch of rides. Then we crossed over to Frontierland (via Adventureland) and went through the pathway at the Country Bears to grab a spot for the 2nd parade. We wanted to see it in Frontierland (beginning) so that we had more time to ride attractions after it ended. We got over there about 11:10 and got an ok spot. It was full, but not overly crowded. Unless you require the "perfect" view you shouldn't have to spend much time waiting. This was at a Sold Out Party.

The CM I talked to on the phone about the September 15th party was wonderful. It's always nice when you have a complaint about a service the person makes you feel like they are really listening. I'm really not a complainer but when I do express my satisfaction about a service and I get "I'm sorry you felt that way" type of response, like I'm imagining the bad experience, I think to myself how I will never patronize the business again. I didn't ask the CM for compensation but was offered the one day park hopper plus 1 anytime fast pass because I mentioned how we were thrown off the Mine Twice twice after waiting on line for 20 minutes. I don't know when I'll get back to Orlando but they are good for 20 years so I might end up going with my not born yet grandchildren! :)

We haven't decided about going back next year. Definitely skipping MNSSHP though. The guest experience is slowly slipping away at WDW, being replaced by the almighty dollar.

I plan to go back but i've learnt that going earlier doesn't mean getting merchandise so I can go nearer to halloween when I won't roast. I go though cause I like to dress up for halloween, if i went for the other perks i'd probably not return. Oct 1st they were already sold out of things because of how that first party went I had wanted a hocus pocus t-shirt my size was sold out and i was pretty much told tough luck. I wouldn't mind it being sold out because of legitamte sales but the pictures on twitter of non-band people grabbing up tons and then seeing them on ebay is upsetting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter