MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

I love my Mickey ghost souvenier popcorn bucket from last year's party! Can anyone tell me if they're doing a different popcorn bucket this year? We're going on Sunday! Thanks! popcorn::

They are still doing the ghost Mickey. But one stand in the MK has the Jack Skellington coffin bucket, that has previously only been available in DL.

This may have been answered somewhere...sorry! Can I buy party tickets from the concierge, or do I have to go to the ticket window? We're arriving next Saturday and want to go on Sunday, so if I want the "advance" discount I have to either buy them before I go from home (and print a not-too-cute paper ticket) or pick them up Saturday after we get in (and then have a cute ticket that will look good in the scrapbook). I know that I can ask them to exchange the paper ticket for a plastic one, but I don't want to hassle with that. Anyway...can I get the tickets from our concierge, or should I plan on making a trip over to the MK ticket booth? We're staying at BLT so it won't be far, but I also have to pick up my Photopass+ card at one of the gift shops at the GF, so there's already one errand to run that evening.

Anybody know where these Jack coffins can be secured? As you can see I'm a fan of his :flower3:

Anybody know where these Jack coffins can be secured? As you can see I'm a fan of his :flower3:

I sure can, you have no idea what I had to go through to get one!! I was in line at 10:30 and they said, sorry we close at 10:30, and we are out of popcorn. I had to beg them to sell me a coffin. I said, I don't care it it's empty I just need the bucket! They sold it to me, and it has prebagged popcorn in it, go figure.
It's in Liberty square, at the popcorn cart near the Liberty Bell.

Let's say I wanted to get a set of Mickey Ears to wear with my MNSSHP costume, would I be allowed to get the name of the character I'm dressed as embroidered on (it is a proper name) the hat be allowed, or does that fall in the no nicknames category?

no capes darling said:
Let's say I wanted to get a set of Mickey Ears to wear with my MNSSHP costume, would I be allowed to get the name of the character I'm dressed as embroidered on (it is a proper name) the hat be allowed, or does that fall in the no nicknames category?

Disney doesn't care what name is on your mouse ears.

Disney doesn't care what name is on your mouse ears.

I thought there was a policy of no nicknames, at least at the Main St store. My FIL wanted to get his designated grandpa name /Pep/ on it and they wouldn't allow it. Maybe cause it's close to pepsi and coke rules at WDW? ;)

no capes darling said:
I thought there was a policy of no nicknames, at least at the Main St store. My FIL wanted to get his designated grandpa name /Pep/ on it and they wouldn't allow it. Maybe cause it's close to pepsi and coke rules at WDW? ;)

Never heard of it. Maybe I'm clueless here. Can't imagine they care, as long as it's not vulgar and you bought the ears.

I'm going with "HE HATE ME" next time I'm there. ;)

Oh my! does anyone have a photo of these cute Jack coffin popcorn buckets? Our Mickey ghost one is one of my favorite halloween decorations.

Attended the party on 10/4 and the lightning was just awful. We stood in line for dwarves for an hour and a half before the said they would not be coming out. Went to town hall and got tickets for Friday's party. Town hall WS a mess. We got there when it wasn't too bad so we waited about 30 minutes but when we were leaving people were getting squished in line and they were yelling for security and there was fighting. There wasnt one line, but a mass of people trying to get into the building. I couldn't understand why there was no order. Friday's party was amazing and I absolutley loved it! Did all the characters and watched the parade and fireworks. Not busy at all. Characters were the most important thing to us so it worked out great!

They definitely do care about what you put on your ears!

I tried to get "Chancey" put on some ears for my friend named Chance once...nope. They would not let me. No nicknames at all. You'll have to just get your first name if you want anything.

Lyndye said:

I tried to get "Chancey" put on some ears for my friend named Chance once...nope. They would not let me. No nicknames at all. You'll have to just get your first name if you want anything.

I stand corrected then. What an odd rule.

What is the wait like for capt. Jack? I see a lot about the dwarfs but not Jack. If I am right this is the only time my DS can get a pict and autograph. TIApirate:

Reading all of these posts, I'm really starting to get a sense of the scope of the party. We're going on Halloween night, so I'm trying to go with a VERY realistic sense of what we can accomplish.

With that in mind, can anyone offer feedback on my plan and perhaps let me know if it is realistic for Halloween night?

We have decided that we will not focus on meeting characters at the party. We will just be happy to see them. I think there may be one or two characters that my kids might like to see, but we're going to play that part by ear.

I'm assuming no candy is given out until the 7pm start time?

Okay, our priorities are as follows (in no particular order)

parade
fireworks
Villains show
lots of trick or treating
rides
woody and jessie's dance party (for dh and ds 3 while the older kids and I hold our spots for the parade)

Will we have time for all of that on Halloween night? How are the ride lines from 4-7?

Thanks!

VP

We also tried to get Day short for Daykota and the wouldn't.

I was there the night of the 4th too, and the rain and lightning were awful. I credit Disney for at least giving people an option of a raincheck or even a refund - but the process for doing this was crazy and even dangerous. A growing mob of people attempting to squeeze through one open door at town hall, with no information and no organization.

Surely this happens from time to time - I was stunned that such a customer service oriented company did not have a better system in place to manage this and prevent it from devolving into such a mess. I waited for almost two hours to get tix for the following night, and when I left the line stretched into the center of town square and then halfway down Main Street.

Having said that, the party on the night of the 5th was terrific with reasonable crowds and cooperative weather. My family loved it.

We also tried to get Day short for Daykota and the wouldn't.

I guess I just don't understand. How do they know that "Day" isn't really his/her name? :scratchin. Obviously there are some really uncommon names out there. DS has a Cocoa in his school. Would they refuse that? Can't think who it is off the top of my head but some celebrity named her daughter Apple. Would they refuse that too?

I sure can, you have no idea what I had to go through to get one!! I was in line at 10:30 and they said, sorry we close at 10:30, and we are out of popcorn. I had to beg them to sell me a coffin. I said, I don't care it it's empty I just need the bucket! They sold it to me, and it has prebagged popcorn in it, go figure.
It's in Liberty square, at the popcorn cart near the Liberty Bell.

Thanks so much! I love the unusual buckets :goodvibes and will be making tracks for this area well before 10!

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it after a quick look. At what time will they allow ppl to start lining up for Jack Sparrow? He's my sister's only character must do & we'd like her to get it done ASAP at the beginning of the night so she can re-join us for the rest of the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter