MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

utkscvol1 said:
We were at the party last night- oh my- lightening, rain it was a mess! They did however give us tickets for tonight! I have a feeling it will be very crowded! They were really nice about it too. We stayed until830 did not see the first candy station due to the weather- no outside character were out and we were told the parade would not be happening. Hoping for better weather tonight!

Parade was awesome and they did have it.. thought about raincheck but so many rides and shows indoors that we kept busy.... it is worse right now then yesterday so glad we stayed!

Was at the Halloween party last night 10/4 . The storm hit hard, we tried to make the best of it. Would like to go back and experience in better weather. Didn't see any characters, hit up one party, and four candy statiobs( but that was plenty of candy) but They gave us a full refund today at guest services in dtd. Very nice of them.

So the monorail does close before the party?? How late would it run on Friday 10/12 when there is a mnsshp?

No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't close. I went to the 9/21 party two weeks ago and the resort monorail ran until 12:30a at least--I know because I rode it. ;)

I don't know what the situation the previous poster referred to was.

I haven't been to a party in years and can't remember, does Disney provide trick or treat bags? Or do we need to bring our own?

I haven't been to a party in years and can't remember, does Disney provide trick or treat bags? Or do we need to bring our own?

They do provide them. You'll find quite a few posters here who think they're too small, however, and bring their own. Either is fine.

mesaboy2 said:
They do provide them. You'll find quite a few posters here who think they're too small, however, and bring their own. Either is fine.

Thanks! I thought they did, I will prob think they are too small cause I am obsessed with candy!

So the monorail does close before the party?? How late would it run on Friday 10/12 when there is a mnsshp?

No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't close. I went to the 9/21 party two weeks ago and the resort monorail ran until 12:30a at least--I know because I rode it. ;)

I don't know what the situation the previous poster referred to was.

I'm not sure how Disney determines monorail hours. Perhaps, by crowd levels? On Sept 30th the monorail, at least to the TTC closed. Not sure if the resort monorail closed, I didn't look. We were parked at the TTC and had to take the ferry.

We were there Thursday also. Yes the weather was awful! But we bought ponchos and trudged through. Got a ton of candy, saw the fireworks, the parade, several characters were out, rode all the rides we wanted to (including big thunder which opened up later) an stayed until the very end. We were wet but we still had fun.

What time did they start letting you in? I have an issue with the MVMCP tickets. I only want to use that party ticket to enter, but we have CRT ressies that day at 4 pm and I'm stressing they won't let us in the park in time to go.

What time did they start letting you in? I have an issue with the MVMCP tickets. I only want to use that party ticket to enter, but we have CRT ressies that day at 4 pm and I'm stressing they won't let us in the park in time to go.

You will probably have to be late for that ADR. Disney is nice to let people in at 4 and it is really not fair to expect them to creep that forward even by a few minutes.

We were there Thursday also. Yes the weather was awful! But we bought ponchos and trudged through. Got a ton of candy, saw the fireworks, the parade, several characters were out, rode all the rides we wanted to (including big thunder which opened up later) an stayed until the very end. We were wet but we still had fun.

I wish we had gotten over to Frontierland -- we were in Cosmic Ray's until the lightning stopped, and my family stayed in Tomorrowland when I went to City Hall later in the evening. They were able to ride rides, but there was only one candy station open until the rain stopped. I saw the fireworks while I was waiting in line, my daughter and husband were able to see Pooh & friends with no wait .. which has never happened to us at a MNSSHP before. She loved it.

Once I got out of line at City Hall, they announced that the parade might happen, so I hung out on Main Street, just in case. I was able to get a great spot in front of the candy store, which was awesome.

After the parade, we went back to Tomorrowland to ride Buzz and see if we could get any candy ... which we did. :upsidedow

We tried to make the best of an unpleasant situation -- we were prepared for rain, which helped. But I'll admit that it was a challenge after dealing with rain nearly every day of our trip. The last 30-40 minutes were the best part of the night -- it had finally stopped raining, and the cast members were so happy to be outside at the candy stops, etc. It had to have been a stressful night for them. We found ourselves wishing they could extend the party by an hour or something, because everyone was finally getting into the party spirit.

I'm very thankful that we were inside during the worst part of the lightning storm. That was dangerous and no one needed to be outside at that time.

quick question: i know the names are printed on the ticket - will we need an ID to enter for the party that matches our ticket? I don't remember if I had to have my ID ready for entry last yr. we are going 10/18! Thanks for the help!

Wow next week cannot come quick enough!!!! :cheer2::cool1::thumbsup2pixiedust:

quick question: i know the names are printed on the ticket - will we need an ID to enter for the party that matches our ticket? I don't remember if I had to have my ID ready for entry last yr. we are going 10/18! Thanks for the help!

No ID needed.

goochy18 said:

Our tickets on Thursday did not have any names on them.

Gave in and ordered our tickets for the 10/16 party this morning :cool1:

I love my Mickey ghost souvenier popcorn bucket from last year's party! Can anyone tell me if they're doing a different popcorn bucket this year? We're going on Sunday! Thanks! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter