MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

First timer here. What is hitch hiking ghost picture and I saw in a previous post it was between CoP and CHH. CoP would be Carosel of Progress? and CHH is what?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.

I wold think it would have to be HoP (which is Hall of Presidents), rather than CoP (which is Carousel of Progress), since I would assume CHH is Columbia Harbor House, which is not anywhere close to CoP.

I wold think it would have to be HoP (which is Hall of Presidents), rather than CoP (which is Carousel of Progress), since I would assume CHH is Columbia Harbor House, which is not anywhere close to CoP.

You got it. I goofed and said CoP in that post and only served to confuse. Off to fix!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. We are planning on going to the MNSSHP on Oct. 23 and after reading how busy it already is I was wondering if it's going to be insane the day we go. It's only a week before Halloween so I'm assuming it will be a crazy. What do you all think? My DS (5) loves the characters so that would be our main priority followed by trick-or-treating. I was thinking maybe the second parade. We've never been to MNSSHP and this is only our second trip to the world. I just don't want to pay all that extra $$ if it's going to be shoulder to shoulder. :headache: I know everyone thinks of busy a little differently, but to me if it's going to be hard to get more than 3 characters or something, it might not be a good thing for us to do. I'm SO torn! :crazy2:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. We are planning on going to the MNSSHP on Oct. 23 and after reading how busy it already is I was wondering if it's going to be insane the day we go. It's only a week before Halloween so I'm assuming it will be a crazy. What do you all think? My DS (5) loves the characters so that would be our main priority followed by trick-or-treating. I was thinking maybe the second parade. We've never been to MNSSHP and this is only our second trip to the world. I just don't want to pay all that extra $$ if it's going to be shoulder to shoulder. :headache: I know everyone thinks of busy a little differently, but to me if it's going to be hard to get more than 3 characters or something, it might not be a good thing for us to do. I'm SO torn! :crazy2:

That date is a Tuesday, so you have that going for you. But since that's getting close to Halloween, it will probably be on the busier side. Areas that are typically crowded are Main Street and the Hub (all night long), and the parade route before a parade. Other than that, the rest of the park really isn't that bad. You should certainly be able to do more than 3 characters--most of the horror stories you hear about on here are for the three most popular sets of characters (dwarves, princesses/princes, and Sparrow). There are plenty of others that you can do in 15 minutes or less.

I know it's a tough call for some and money is precious these days, but I do encourage you to try it if you've never done it before. Good luck with whatever you decide! :goodvibes

We went to the party last night and I was very surprised about the crowd level! I thought I was prepared and read that the second parade is quieter and that the treAt lines would be slower, but last night nothing slowed down it was incredible! We ended up waiting for the villans show for 20 min and were behind the walkway in front of the castle it was fine until the people in front of us decided to all stand up once the show started! Not sure what they were thinking... Then we headed over to fronteirland and got a great view for the parade. It just happened that people with a stroller were at therope and we were able to be right behin them. We unknowingly sat right behind an off duty CM who obviously knew where to view the parade from since all the performances happened right at that spot. I just can't believe that the candy lines were so long all night and they never were more generous with it even towards the end (we left at 11:40) - not that i am complaining, but i had just read that they typically gave out more towards the end of the night... Although my dd was wearing her bday pin (her bday was Monday) and at one stop the CM noticed it and filled up her whole bag! That was great! We ended up going to get ice cream sundaes and were able to watch the fireworks from the plaza area - that was a good spot for them we thought. I'm glad we went, but I wouldn't feel like we needed to do it again for a while..

That date is a Tuesday, so you have that going for you. But since that's getting close to Halloween, it will probably be on the busier side. Areas that are typically crowded are Main Street and the Hub (all night long), and the parade route before a parade. Other than that, the rest of the park really isn't that bad. You should certainly be able to do more than 3 characters--most of the horror stories you hear about on here are for the three most popular sets of characters (dwarves, princesses/princes, and Sparrow). There are plenty of others that you can do in 15 minutes or less.

I know it's a tough call for some and money is precious these days, but I do encourage you to try it if you've never done it before. Good luck with whatever you decide! :goodvibes

Thanks for your response! I'm starting to stress about it but we REALLY want to do it. Really, the only popular characters we are looking to get are the dwarves and Cpt. Hook. All the other characters would be a bonus. Of course Mickey and friends are important too. I think we will be ok. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Here's hoping!! :D

Thanks for your response! I'm starting to stress about it but we REALLY want to do it. Really, the only popular characters we are looking to get are the dwarves and Cpt. Hook. All the other characters would be a bonus. Of course Mickey and friends are important too. I think we will be ok. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Here's hoping!! :D

If you've read these boards much, you already know the best strategy with the dwarves is to get in line for them well before party time. Some do it as early as 5:30p! The plus side is that that time is not during the party, so it's almost like free party time. But it is a long wait--no doubt.

Hook appears after each of the four Villains Mix & Mingles, and should take a position just right of center of the stage. Ask CMs in the area to confirm. He and the others there will not be out much longer than 10-12 minutes, so be on your game there.

I'm so glad you mentioned the time limit on the villians.

Any idea on how early to get a parade spot in the handicap area for DS?

Where are the bottleneck areas to avoid?

Headed to MNSSHP Sept 30 :cool1: I'm mainly interested in rides, the parade and fireworks with a little T or T'ing thrown in....it's mainly our only MK time this trip....we may get a little MK in on Friday our arrival day -- after checking in-- but MNSSHP will be the bulk. is CoP open during MNSSHP? I LOVE that classic ride and would love to show it to my BFF// who is a first timer.
thanks for your help!

We went to the tues party this week and it as crowded!! Lines for candy were 30 people deep character waits were at least 45. Starting from party time we did 1 candy line, tremaines, princesses, speedway, space mtn, the 2nd parade and the last villians show and picture with shadow man and that was it. It felt way too crowded for our ticket price.

Last year we went the week before Halloween and found it more crowded than in previous years. I chalked it up to being close to Halloween. We arrive Saturday and hope this isn't the case this year.

If you've read these boards much, you already know the best strategy with the dwarves is to get in line for them well before party time. Some do it as early as 5:30p! The plus side is that that time is not during the party, so it's almost like free party time. But it is a long wait--no doubt.

Hook appears after each of the four Villains Mix & Mingles, and should take a position just right of center of the stage. Ask CMs in the area to confirm. He and the others there will not be out much longer than 10-12 minutes, so be on your game there.

Thanks again, that is all really helpful. I had never even thought of the 7 dwarf line that way. I was worried about spending too much party time in line, but that makes me feel better about it. :) The more I think about it, I figure it's an opportunity we may not get again (or who knows when), we might as well go and even if we don't get all of our list checked off we will still have trick-or-treated at Disney World. :D

jsw1114 said:
Went to the party last night, was in line for dwarfs By 5:15 and was maybe 7th in line then went straight to trick or treat path right after that's where our magic ended. It was so packed we couldn't move, the treat lines were worse than any line I have ever seen at Disney. The villains shows were really neat but once again we couldn't get close we ended up sitting at 900 just so we could get a seat for the 2nd parade. Hallowishes was great as the parade but to pay for 5 of us to get in I'm not sure I would do it again
There is I think 5 different pins to buy and different tshirts for sale during the party

That's odd - someone else who posted their review on the forum said that it wasn't very crowded, outside of the typically congested areas (Castle Hub, Fantasyland)

I'm with jsw1114. We were there the 25th, and it felt insane. We encountered way worse lines than we did during any of the 11 days of our trip at the party. We still had fun, but didn't accomplish everything we would have liked to have done, and that was with what I thought was a short list of expectations. We felt like we had to run to get to the things we wanted to do because we spent so long in line for each thing. By the end of the night we were exhausted, and I was a little disappointed. And the candy... Auuugh. Where did everyone get chocolate? We hit at least 6 treat stations and between the two of us only got 3 mini chocolate bars. Of anyone wants any lemon heads though, drop me a line. I've got a bag full on my kitchen counter.

Was wondering if anyone that has been to the party recently could give an update on how late the monorails are running. We're not going to the party but will be touring the Bay Lake area late into the night. Thanks!

InTheBubble said:
Was wondering if anyone that has been to the party recently could give an update on how late the monorails are running. We're not going to the party but will be touring the Bay Lake area late into the night. Thanks!

The resort monorail was running after midnight after last Friday's party.

Thanks for info! It will make our touring much easier if the monorails are still running that late.

We leave tomorrow and I'm so excited. It's just a weekend trip and it has to last me until 2014! :sad:

Two questions:

Is there an iPhone ap for the party/ MK? I'm hoping for something that shows wait times and the parade route. Basically an electronic map. :confused3

And the only character I want a photo with is the Shadowman, Dr. Facilier. What's my best chance for getting that photo? After the villains mix and mingle maybe? Which one?

We leave tomorrow and I'm so excited. It's just a weekend trip and it has to last me until 2014! :sad:

Two questions:

Is there an iPhone ap for the party/ MK? I'm hoping for something that shows wait times and the parade route. Basically an electronic map. :confused3

And the only character I want a photo with is the Shadowman, Dr. Facilier. What's my best chance for getting that photo? After the villains mix and mingle maybe? Which one?

Not specifically for the party, but do you have the My Disney Experience App? It's a free download that will tell you wait times for the attractions of the park you're in, as well as show times, character locations, etc. I'm not sure whether or not it will work as normal during MNSSHP.

There's also a PDF format of the MNSSHP Park Map - http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnsshp/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2012.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter