• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

This is our first time and I was wondering if it is possible to order at the resort? I will just hope that Oct 8 doesn't sell out. Does anyone know if any of the dates are sold out?

This is our first time and I was wondering if it is possible to order at the resort? I will just hope that Oct 8 doesn't sell out. Does anyone know if any of the dates are sold out?

I believe you can buy tickets at any on-site resort, and I don't expect an early October party to sell out. YMMV.

I believe you can buy tickets at any on-site resort, and I don't expect an early October party to sell out. YMMV.

We bought tickets at our resort last week for the Friday party...no problems.
As another poster said, you should be fine for early October.

andyman8 thanks for the great post. How were you able to get free ticket to Mickeys Christmas Party?

And also What is the game Sorcer something you mentioned this is are first MNSSHP so I am very new to all this. Thanks

There are a few fall decorations in the MK, but nothing in the other parks. And unlike Christmas, the part elements never show up during regular park hours. I suppose that is because it's still a relatively low crowd time adn they can continue holding the party through Halloween proper. Because of the crowds, they have to discontinue the Christmas party in advance of the holiday. Too hard to close the park early.

Ok... so then just to be clear.. there is nothing really Halloweenish at MK unless you go to the MNSSHP?

Kind of disappointing as we were planning on going over the halloween week so that we could try and get a different Disney experience... (been during regular season and Christms.... figured Halloween would be our next)...

But to have to pay an extra $300 to just go to the party.... not sure again if it is worth it... :(

♥Tinkerbell♥;46253901 said:
Ok... so then just to be clear.. there is nothing really Halloweenish at MK unless you go to the MNSSHP?

Kind of disappointing as we were planning on going over the halloween week so that we could try and get a different Disney experience... (been during regular season and Christms.... figured Halloween would be our next)...

But to have to pay an extra $300 to just go to the party.... not sure again if it is worth it... :(

I wouldn't say there is nothing Halloweenish. There are jack-o-lanterns everywhere in MK. There is also themed merchandise, in addition to that, their is party specific merchandise that will not be available to regular daytime guests. You can meet Duffy at EPCOT in his pumpkin costume, too. If you can swing tickets to the party without breaking the bank, I highly recommend doing so. It is a blast! :goodvibes

♥Tinkerbell♥;46253901 said:

From what I've read, there is a lot of stuff that you can only see at the party. However, I personally would say their is a "fair" amount of Halloween decorations up during non-party times. We went last year at end of August/early September, before any of the parties had started, and that is the time when they put up the "core" Halloween decorations that are left up all the time (until the end of the Halloween season).

This includes: orange banners/curtains, leaf garlands, Mickey pumpkins, scarecrows, etc. Here is a link to a bunch of pictures I took during this time during regular park hours: fall/Halloween decorations

You won't be able to do the party events, but if you're just looking for a little change in atmosphere, I'd say you'll find it during this time period. The only note I'd make is that most of these decorations are in the Main Street area, it doesn't extend much into the other lands.

Hope that helps!

From what I've read, there is a lot of stuff that you can only see at the party. However, I personally would say their is a "fair" amount of Halloween decorations up during non-party times. We went last year at end of August/early September, before any of the parties had started, and that is the time when they put up the "core" Halloween decorations that are left up all the time (until the end of the Halloween season).

This includes: orange banners/curtains, leaf garlands, Mickey pumpkins, scarecrows, etc. Here is a link to a bunch of pictures I took during this time during regular park hours: fall/Halloween decorations

You won't be able to do the party events, but if you're just looking for a little change in atmosphere, I'd say you'll find it during this time period. The only note I'd make is that most of these decorations are in the Main Street area, it doesn't extend much into the other lands.

Hope that helps!

That's spot on IMO. :thumbsup2

I didn't mean to imply that there is nothing Halloweenish to see outside party hours. IMO there's just not a LOT. And there's really nothing outside the MK like there is for Christmas time.

Here now with another shopping question. This time for three party. Tomorrow we are headed out to the party and am courious agsin about shipping purchases to the front of the park.

We leave wednesday. I am not sure if there is a time limit, thought I read 4 hrs. before closing.

If this is the limit (8pm) does the party midnight close count as park close?

Would you line up to see Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Daisy first? Do either of their lines get really long right at the beginning of the party? Going tomorrow and can't wait!!

Giving this a bump. If we can use package pickup durring the party it would be great. I have an aspie that woould love to know now for tonight - certainly help make things go way smoother over the first part of the day.

Would you line up to see Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Daisy first? Do either of their lines get really long right at the beginning of the party? Going tomorrow and can't wait!!

We were there on 9/21 and were able to get in line for Minnie and Mickey at 11:30 PM - they closed the doors about 4 people behind us.

Not sure about Donald and Daisy - never did see them. It rained heavily when we were there and some characters were moved due to this.

When we lined up for Minnie and Mickey the princess line had already been cut off, and from the looks of the empty queue, it had been cut off pretty early. I heard the line for princesses was very long since it is one of the only truly indoor lines and safe from the rain.

Also we attempted to line up for Tiana and Naveen at 11:15 PM and the line had not only already been cut off, but they were leaving. Not sure if this is their normal routine, but I was pretty annoyed. Not cool to end the greets early, especially when the rain had caused the villian shows to be cancelled, the first parade to be cancelled, the second parade to be delayed, and the headless horseman not to ride.

That being said - despite the changes and not seeing everything we wanted to, it was still awesome and we loved the party!

I have a question about parking since this is a special ticketed event. We have PAPs and will be staying at Pop Century. Typically parking at the TTC is complimentary for us. How far in advance of the party do we need to arrive at the TTC to not have to pay for parking? I remember 7 years ago arriving around 3:30 and they wanted to charge us. Do they still do that?

(The reason I don't want to take a resort bus is that it's easier to drive because of my son's wheel chair. It's too much of a pain to lug it on the bus.)

Question about the parade. Does it always start from the same direction? If so, which direction?

I have a question about parking since this is a special ticketed event. We have PAPs and will be staying at Pop Century. Typically parking at the TTC is complimentary for us. How far in advance of the party do we need to arrive at the TTC to not have to pay for parking? I remember 7 years ago arriving around 3:30 and they wanted to charge us. Do they still do that?

(The reason I don't want to take a resort bus is that it's easier to drive because of my son's wheel chair. It's too much of a pain to lug it on the bus.)

Question about the parade. Does it always start from the same direction? If so, which direction?

Parking should be free for onsite guests no matter what's going on at the parks. Don't know why they did that seven years ago, unless there's been a policy change.

Yes, the Boo-To-You parade pretty much always starts in Frontierland.

What pg has where the characters meet and times? TIAprincess:

Is "pg" page? Try http://www.kennythepirate.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter