MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

Also, something else.
Anyone gone to this very pregnant? I ask cause I want to get in the mood and dress up but am hitting a wall as far as costume goes, I will be 7 months along then. I can't think of a single Disney character or Disney type costume I could wear. My son is going as Peter Pan and I hardly think a pregnant Wendy would be appropiate :rotfl:
And even if it's not Disney (which is fine) it would have to be modest ofcourse. I am not the type that would bare my stomache and paint a pumpkin on it. :rolleyes: (not that I blame the pregnant women that have the rest of the body to go with that)
So I'm stumped and the only thing I can possibly think of is either a shirt that makes my belly look like a pumpkin or a shirt that I can iron on a Future Mouseketeer type icon on the belly and wear ears myself.
But if anyone's got other ideas I'm all ears.

Raevyn_Wolfe said:
ok, I finally got done reading this whole thread, wow, just found it yeasterday.

I made LTT ADR's for 6:30 on the night of our party (9/15) and now after reading everyone else's posts I'm worried. Is 6:30 too late? Will it be really crowded at that point? Should I try to get an earlier one, say 5:30 like it seems to be the consenses?
This is our first time doing MNSSHP, and I want enough time to enjoy most of it all. Especially the 8:00 parade and fireworks. But I also want to try and avoid being part of the crowded 6-7 group.
Any input?

Most make ADRs anywhere between 4p - 6p but if you want to avoid being herded to one Land for that hour then the best time to make an ADR is between 5p and 6p. IMHO, 6:30p is a bit late. Your meal will take at least an hour so your ADR takes you at least a half hour into the party. You won't be done till at least 7:30p.

Good luck deciding and planning!

We are going on October 29th, I ordered my tickets on May 1st but I still didn't them :guilty:

mrsscooter said:
:cheer2: We just got our tickets today!!!! I ordered them on 4/30 for the Oct. 12th party. We got two Cinderella, two Lights&Motor, one soaring and one expedition everest. Ok, now our trip is finally "REAL". Only five more months!!! Who else is going on the 12th?????

We are going to be there on the 12th as well. There will be a total of nine in our party and DS has already laid claim to the one and only expedition everest pictured ticket. :wave2:

tinknme said:
We were able to get our pictures taken last year at the party with Snow White & the 7 dwarfs. I was so excited when I seen them :Pinkbounc
That is awesome! Do you think that a CM would be able to tell me if they are making an appearance that night? Or do you think it's just one of those being in the right place, right time chances?
It must have made a great picture!!! :thumbsup2

Raevyn_Wolfe said:
ok, I finally got done reading this whole thread, wow, just found it yeasterday.

I made LTT ADR's for 6:30 on the night of our party (9/15) and now after reading everyone else's posts I'm worried. Is 6:30 too late? Will it be really crowded at that point? Should I try to get an earlier one, say 5:30 like it seems to be the consenses?
This is our first time doing MNSSHP, and I want enough time to enjoy most of it all. Especially the 8:00 parade and fireworks. But I also want to try and avoid being part of the crowded 6-7 group.
Any input?
Hi! I agree with what beattyfamily said about ADR times. I had a 5:40PM ADR at LTT in 2004. We weren't seated until just after 6:00PM. It was extremely busy! We didn't get out of there until about 7:15PM. My husband had to drag me out of there because we still didn't get to see Goofy and I wanted that picture! :crazy:

Raevyn_Wolfe said:
So I'm stumped and the only thing I can possibly think of is either a shirt that makes my belly look like a pumpkin or a shirt that I can iron on a Future Mouseketeer type icon on the belly and wear ears myself.
I think the Future Mouseketeer idea is really cute! :goodvibes

Hopefully if you asked someone, they would be able to tell you. We just happened to come across them. They were by the Dumbo ride. Here is a picture I took of them with ds. I hope to see them out again, they are so cute :goodvibes

100_0306.jpg

gabbyrosebud said:
That is awesome! Do you think that a CM would be able to tell me if they are making an appearance that night? Or do you think it's just one of those being in the right place, right time chances?
It must have made a great picture!!! :thumbsup2

I recieved our tickets for the Oct. 31st party and we are sooooo excited! :cheer2: :woohoo: I have wanted to go to MNSSHP since I've heard about it. :goodvibes

tinknme said:
Hopefully if you asked someone, they would be able to tell you. We just happened to come across them. They were by the Dumbo ride. Here is a picture I took of them with ds. I hope to see them out again, they are so cute :goodvibes

100_0306.jpg
Thank you and what a magical memory :wizard:

Raevyn_Wolfe said:
Also, something else.
Anyone gone to this very pregnant? I ask cause I want to get in the mood and dress up but am hitting a wall as far as costume goes, I will be 7 months along then. I can't think of a single Disney character or Disney type costume I could wear. My son is going as Peter Pan and I hardly think a pregnant Wendy would be appropiate :rotfl:
And even if it's not Disney (which is fine) it would have to be modest ofcourse. I am not the type that would bare my stomache and paint a pumpkin on it. :rolleyes: (not that I blame the pregnant women that have the rest of the body to go with that)
Have you thought about going as Mr. Smee? I think that would be cute.

Goobergal99 said:
We are going on October 29th, I ordered my tickets on May 1st but I still didn't them :guilty:

Did you mean to say Sept 29th? Only there's no party on Oct 29th. Just checking in case you asked for the wrong date and an inexperienced CM put the order through, hence the delay. It's unlikely but thought I'd ask in case you're waiting for something that won't arrive!

2nd childhood said:
Have you thought about going as Mr. Smee? I think that would be cute.

you know, strangely enough that's what my husband says I should do, I'll have to tell him someone else thought it would be cute too.

Also, to the two other posters, thanks for the advice as I went ahead and changed my ADR to 5:45 from 6:30. Ofourse I had to go through the whole, "no the latest ADR you can make is not 4:25, check again", thing all over again, but the CM finally figured it out. :)

HELP!
1.Are tix for 2 adults/2kids approx $130? I ordrerd a few PS's so not sure if that charge is MNSSHP tix? Concierge got them for us, will I still be mailed my tix?
2. is it too hot 1st wk Oct for DD to wear a short sleeve ankle length princess costume?
3.can you bring your own trick or treat bags?

DebIreland said:
Did you mean to say Sept 29th? Only there's no party on Oct 29th. Just checking in case you asked for the wrong date and an inexperienced CM put the order through, hence the delay. It's unlikely but thought I'd ask in case you're waiting for something that won't arrive!

Yea thats what I meant, they came yesterday :cool1:

poohluvrs said:
HELP!
1.Are tix for 2 adults/2kids approx $130? I ordrerd a few PS's so not sure if that charge is MNSSHP tix? Concierge got them for us, will I still be mailed my tix?
2. is it too hot 1st wk Oct for DD to wear a short sleeve ankle length princess costume?
3.can you bring your own trick or treat bags?
Hi! Here are the prices for this years party.

Advance Price*:
Ages 10 and over: $36.95 + tax
Ages 3-9: $29.95 + tax

* Advance purchase savings is available for every night except 10/27, 10/30 and 10/31.
I'm going the first week of Oct. too and heard it was very hot. My DD will be wearing her short sleeve Cinderella gown and I think she'll be fine. She'll be Tink at the other party.
You can bring your own Trick or Treat bags as far as I know. My kids did in 2004. We got cute ones with Disney characters on them at Walmart.
Happy Planning! :goodvibes

we are attending the nite of 9/22. I am changing my ADR from San Angel Inn to LTT that night for around 5:30pm. Hopefully this will give us enough time to enjoy our dinner before the show. Last september we didn't get the chance to go the halloween party, so this is a first for us. I can't wait.

:yay: Okay, so when you guys say its still hot the first part of October, how hot are we talking?? And is it still hot/uncomfortable in the evening when the party will be?? My dd will be Tinker Bell, so her costume wont be too terribly hot, but for my son, he will be Peter Pan but I dont want him to be too hot with the long pants and shirt. Well hopefully it wont be too hot whatever the kids end up wearing.

Just ordered my tickets for Oct 24!

It was a very Disney Day! Wore my 100 years of magic shirt to work today and on the way in I ordered my MNSSHP tickets. When I walked in the front door of the Hospital I work at, the player piano was playing "When You Wish Upon A Star". How much more magical than that can your day get??? :wizard: pluto: :smickey: :tink:

I do want to ask for an opinion from anyone. I want to have dinner on the 24th and I've been to LTT already, want to try someting new. Where would be a good place for 2 adults only to go??

Thanks for help!

vikingfans said:
Just ordered my tickets for Oct 24!

It was a very Disney Day! Wore my 100 years of magic shirt to work today and on the way in I ordered my MNSSHP tickets. When I walked in the front door of the Hospital I work at, the player piano was playing "When You Wish Upon A Star". How much more magical than that can your day get??? :wizard: pluto: :smickey: :tink:

I do want to ask for an opinion from anyone. I want to have dinner on the 24th and I've been to LTT already, want to try someting new. Where would be a good place for 2 adults only to go??

Thanks for help!

We enjoy Crystal Palace and Tony's. I'd like to try the Plaza some day too. Or you could do a monorail resort restaurant like maybe Ohana's? Just a thought.

We ate at Tony's before MNSSHP last year and I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the waiters also got into the spirit and got made up like HM CMs.

Good luck deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter