MM Share--things you wish you knew before?

coletteh

Earning My Ears
Hi there! If you have ever done a Memory Maker share with your friends and family (by linking them through MDE vs. traveling all together same trip/same dates) can you tell me some things you wish you knew before you set it up? Is there anything you figured out AFTER or DURING the trip that you could have done differently to make it easier for everyone? I would love advice/tips! TIA! :):):)

make sure you know every person in your group...and the one time I tried it, it ended up being months of trouble in sorting out how it intertwined MDE accounts and ruined plans.... it was insane,and after many many many tech calls we finally gave up and dropped it completely.IMHO that new setup doesn't work well with multiple parties and MDE accounts involved. Purposely.

I am also interested in advice. tips, etc. I just add MM to our upcoming trip next month.

if you leave separately make sure no one downloads anything until everyone is back, my group is made up of 2 sub groups, group A is coming home 3 days before us and CM told us to be sure all our photos are added to not let group A download anything until we are back as well

if you leave separately make sure no one downloads anything until everyone is back, my group is made up of 2 sub groups, group A is coming home 3 days before us and CM told us to be sure all our photos are added to not let group A download anything until we are back as well

Only the person whom the MM entitlement is assigned to can do downloads unless that person is planning to give their log in information to every person in the group. I would just assign the entitlement to someone in your group, but even if someone in group A has the entitlement, all downloading does is start the clock for how long you have to add more pictures to the account. Once the first download occurs, you have 30 days to add more pictures to the account, so I really don't see how downloads being started before your group gets home could mess anything up.

Only the person whom the MM entitlement is assigned to can do downloads unless that person is planning to give their log in information to every person in the group. I would just assign the entitlement to someone in your group, but even if someone in group A has the entitlement, all downloading does is start the clock for how long you have to add more pictures to the account. Once the first download occurs, you have 30 days to add more pictures to the account, so I really don't see how downloads being started before your group gets home could mess anything up.
That's what I thought but a CM told me if she started the downloads the rest of my photos wouldn't be added and we are only there for 3 days longer than the rest of the group :s

That's what I thought but a CM told me if she started the downloads the rest of my photos wouldn't be added and we are only there for 3 days longer than the rest of the group :s

The CM doesn't know what he or she is talking about (which, unfortunately is not unusual for phone CMs). It says right in the Memory Maker FAQs that you can download your Memory Maker photos right away through MyDisneyPhotopass.com and on the My Disney Experience app—or you can wait until you get home and download them all at once. Why would it say that if you couldn't add pictures after you start downloading?

that's what I thought! thanks
The CM doesn't know what he or she is talking about (which, unfortunately is not unusual for phone CMs). It says right in the Memory Maker FAQs that you can download your Memory Maker photos right away through MyDisneyPhotopass.com and on the My Disney Experience app—or you can wait until you get home and download them all at once. Why would it say that if you couldn't add pictures after you start downloading?

This. We just got back from a trip with my parents and brother. My mom got the MM for our group, but she is not very tech savvy. Luckily, she was fine giving me her login info. We downloaded everything to my wife's computer so we can dish it out from there.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you that have used MM, the one question I have been curious about is the following:

I know that if you don't order MM ahead of your trip, there is a wait period before photos start showing up. But hypothetically speaking, if your MM is all set and ready to go ahead of the trip, a photo is taken Monday morning at 11am, how soon does it show up in your photos?

I guess my fear about the MM is you might THINK you're getting all these great photos taken, but what are the chances of photos being mis-scanned and you think "well crap... none of our photos are here".

Are there any MM horror stories to know about?

We were able to see our pictures the same evening the pictures were taken i.e., pictures at MK at 10:00am were on MDE by that same night say 8-10pm. We did not have any horror stories but a couple magic shots did not work and one of our poses in front of the pumpkins by town square at MK were never found, we did do that same area again another day so no biggie. We love buying the calendars with our pictures on each month, great way to get a lot of pictures and for Disney the 19.99 price is not bad for getting many pictures in a different format then just the downloads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter