MM dilemma

Mickey Buffet

Wastin' away again in Dis-ville
Hi folks,

Here's a question ... Have AP, and am staying at Hojo's so will not have MM this time. Trouble is I have 2 early rising kids(only made worse by the recent time change):rolleyes:

Just realized that both parks open for general public at 10am on our first day (Thurs 18th).. DOH! This gives me roughly 4+ hrs of awake time I have to entertain our 2 & 5 year olds, before we can get in !:scared1:

Breakfast will probably take to an hour or so , but after that I'm stumped. I recall one time in Feb 2-3 years ago we had MM but no one even checked our mm tickets..and we got in . I figgured because it was an off time.

Historically, they say the 18th is likely going to be not too crowded so do you think there is a chance we just try to get in at 8am.? Otherwise, any thought would be GREATLY appreciated !

See if you can book Minnie & Friends breakfast one morning before regular park opening.

See if you can book Minnie & Friends breakfast one morning before regular park opening.

I agree with this. M & F schedules you for about 90mins I think?
Otherwise, I don't think anything in DTD opens very early. You could try going to Target or something:laughing::confused3
Or try to keep the kids up late the night before so they are extra sleepy?
I don't think you will have much luck trying to get in to MM without the right ticket.

Yeah was a little annoyed to tell the truth when they didn't check that time. Remember I had to show my room key as well one time , and they had a special ticket/receipt another time I recall.

Thought about the Character meal, but might be too late to get a reservation, and not sure if Minnie & friends it is worth it...

Just wondering if there was anything nearby that might be an entertaining time killer as well...Think a lot of DTD opens late too..

Thanks !

Yeah there is practically nothing but La Brea open that early in DTD.

Maybe you can visit the different hotels and look at the Christmas Decorations?

They are all decorated so prettily and each has a different theme, I remember one year Paradise Pier had an Ariel Themed tree, and the tree at the Grand is ginormous and beautiful!!!! Disneyland hotel had a tree in each lobby of the towers I think, even if it is pretty small.

Have a magical time!

Otherwise, I don't think anything in DTD opens very early. You could try going to Target or something:laughing::confused3

LOL - well I suppose Target is something :laughing:..Always think it's crazy DTD isn't open earlier ..seems like a golden oppertunity.

Or try to keep the kids up late the night before so they are extra sleepy?

Yeah no luck there, but will try it out for the next few days to see if I can change that internal clock!

Thanks!

FWIW, they only "check" to see if you have MM if you are doing MM for the 2nd or nth time during your trip. For the first MM they don't check at all because it's encoded in the tickets. There is no separate piece of paper proving MM eligibility. However, if you want to use MM more than once during your trip (or if you have a 1 or 2 day ticket), you are required to show your onsite room key.

Back in the day I remember having to show that white piece of paper that also served as a "room charge card". It was good for four people.

Now we have to show our room key.

I only remember because I had to run back to the room to get it in time to get in, and the monorail was down, and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack trying to get back in time.

Thought about the Character meal, but might be too late to get a reservation, and not sure if Minnie & friends it is worth it...

I was able to make a 7:10am reservation for Minnie and Friend's just 2-3 days ahead of time. The park was opening at 7:00 for MM and 8:00 for the general public. Since I didn't have MM, I thought it would be a nice way to get an early start. I thought the breakfast was pretty decent for around $25. Of course, when we go with our big group of eleven people on a daytrip on the Tuesday before Christmas, the cost will quickly seem pretty huge. I thought the made-to-order omelet was great and the character interaction couldn't have been better.

I have the same problem at the HoJo with very early rising kids. We love HoJo, but really, really wish there was some sort of play area - swings, slides, etc. That way our kids could use it at 8 am when they are awake but DLR isn't open til 10 am.

We have breakfast in our room or at Mimi's, but it doesn't seem to take nearly enough time. They are dying to get to DLR and awake at 6 am!

We've always gotten a single room, but have decided that the next time we stay at HoJo we'll get the suite and then the kids can watch tv or a movie or something while DH sleeps - he's the one that gets a little grumpy when he doesn't get enough sleep.

The other thing we do is take a little walk, we look at the pool, we walk the grounds, we check out the monorail tracks, we look in the little store or the video game room, but they get antsy - I feel your pain!

I let the kids run races in the side parking lot (over by bldg 2) to work off a little energy, since the parking lot is mostly quiet over there at that time of day. It can be hard to be creative when you have young kids who are early risers! :hug:

Well MM wouldn't even be at 8 am if the park opens at 10 so the earliest you could get in would be 9. But with APs you can't even pretend you have a MM because AP holders don't get that perk. So I'd do what others have suggested, make a reservation for bfast at Minnie & Friends bfast, then you'll be in before a lot of people, you don't need to worry about MM and you'll have a meal taken care of. :) The character interaction there is great and the food is quite good as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter