• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MLK Break......how busy

I would avoid MK on Sat. That one was the worse. It is NEVER INSANE...you know what I mean. By Tuesday it will be clear again. I actually did MK on Sat night fir Spectro...it was very bad during wishes...but after that it was awesome...evening EMH it was like a ghost town. I love it this time of year. Just be there early and youll do great!

We did DHS on MLK Saturday and had a 2 hour wait on ToT. It was actually difficult to walk through the crowds. We hopped over to AK and it was a 90 minute wait on EE but thought walking through the crowds was a bit easier. We found the best place to be was at the pool at Beach Club which is where we ended up parking ourselves until the weekend was over.

We went MLK week 2 years ago and I'll never go back during that week again. The parks were packed all week long.

We went MLK week 2 years ago and I'll never go back during that week again. The parks were packed all week long.

I guess your idea of packed is different then others. It is packed that weekend but then it dies out. You can practically ride on some rides 2 times in a row!

I guess your idea of packed is different then others. It is packed that weekend but then it dies out. You can practically ride on some rides 2 times in a row!

An hour waiting for Test Track on a Wednesday fits my definition of packed for what's supposed to be a slow week.

An hour waiting for Test Track on a Wednesday fits my definition of packed for what's supposed to be a slow week.

Well I can't wait to go! Crowd calendar says it is low crowds... so a 20 minute wait at Test Track is probably what it will be!

We'll be there the same time. Right now, the UG crowd calendar is saying 7 (out of 10) for Saturday, 8 for Sunday and 8 for Monday.

Does anyone mind checking the crowd calendar for the friday before, the 15th of January? We are stopping over for a day after our disney cruise and I would love to know what to expect. Thanks!

Yay!!! Thanks guys (or girls, lol). I really appreciate the good news. I was starting to worry, but I was hoping that most of the heavy traffic would hold out until that weekend! Now, if we can just get the weather a little warmer out there!! :) Thanks again.

We'll be there the same time. Right now, the UG crowd calendar is saying 7 (out of 10) for Saturday, 8 for Sunday and 8 for Monday.

Yeah - but every Saturday shows a 7 or more, so it's not that different from other Saturdays. We've been during MLK weekend. We avoid MK for the weekend (because we're spending a whole week, so we have plenty of time for MK). We hit a park at rope drop, go-go-go, then have lunch and go back to the resort for the afternoon. We go back out for dinner only and then maybe some shopping. The crowds peak later in the day, so if you can really do most of your touring early, you can avoid the gridlock.

Yeah - but every Saturday shows a 7 or more, so it's not that different from other Saturdays. We've been during MLK weekend. We avoid MK for the weekend (because we're spending a whole week, so we have plenty of time for MK). We hit a park at rope drop, go-go-go, then have lunch and go back to the resort for the afternoon. We go back out for dinner only and then maybe some shopping. The crowds peak later in the day, so if you can really do most of your touring early, you can avoid the gridlock.

What about Sunday evening during EMH at MK?? Is it still crazy busy then?

What do you think of my plan for Sunday-
character breakfast at Cape May Cafe 7:35am, then walk to Epcot

Do you think we will be in Epcot by 9:00 opening? If not, maybe I'll change the breakfast date and just head to Epcot early. I really want to avoid the crowds (there are 5 of us-DH, and DD's 16, 14 & 11). We are staying at the Beach Club for a week.

I'm really not sure what to do on Monday. The rest of the week should be good though:worship:

Well I can't wait to go! Crowd calendar says it is low crowds... so a 20 minute wait at Test Track is probably what it will be!

That's what I thought until I stood in that line for an hour on MLK week Wednesday. I'm just saying. :)

We are going Jan 19-26. just missing MLK on monday and arriving tuesday.
And it shows 4-6's the rest of the week....we only had waits of 20mins on rides in May09 with crowd calendar of 7 & 8's... So i'm optimistic that we'll fare well....I can't wait:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We were there last year for MLK and will be again this year. We found it to be crowded, but made sure we ALWAYS had a Fastpass in our hands. In between, we did things like Tom Sawyer Island, Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, riverboat. We were constantly doing things, and that's our plan of action this year too. We only have a long weekend, so we're going to pack in our park time. July for 10 days is when we do the "take it easy" kind of trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter