MLB Opening Day

Mets lost there home opening :rotfl2:

I find it hilarious that they lost the last game at Shea, last opener at Shea and everyone said wait till next year. Well now its next year and there 0-1 at Citit Field (which I think is such a unnecessary stadium, it was only built because the Yankees built a new stadium but hey a lot of things about the Mets irk me)

So they lost by 1...

I find it more ironic.
Yeah they did need a new stadium.
Had you seen Shea ?
Last year I was there many times and the place was getting very old.
But dont get me wrong I loved Shea, some of the greatest memories there, but it was time for a new stadium.

So they lost by 1...

I find it more ironic.
Yeah they did need a new stadium.
Had you seen Shea ?
Last year I was there many times and the place was getting very old.
But dont get me wrong I loved Shea, some of the greatest memories there, but it was time for a new stadium.

I went to 3 games at Shea last year, :sad2:

Mets lost there home opening :rotfl2:

I find it hilarious that they lost the last game at Shea, last opener at Shea and everyone said wait till next year. Well now its next year and there 0-1 at Citit Field (which I think is such a unnecessary stadium, it was only built because the Yankees built a new stadium but hey a lot of things about the Mets irk me)

Are you kidding me? Shea was disgusting! The seats we falling apart, the food was disgusting,everything was cramped into small places etc. I think it was unessecary(sp?) for the yankees to make a new stadium. Their stadium looked fine to me (i've never been there so I don't know).

And so what the mets lost by 1, the yankees lost by 10 [:

Are you kidding me? Shea was disgusting! The seats we falling apart, the food was disgusting,everything was cramped into small places etc. I think it was unessecary(sp?) for the yankees to make a new stadium. Their stadium looked fine to me (i've never been there so I don't know).

:thumbsup2

I went to 3 games at Shea last year, they really just needed to redo some sections, they didnt need a whole new stadium that the american taxpayers ended up paying for:sad2:

Alright, I was there around 5+ times last year, its a mess and old.
Okay well how did the yankees pay for their stadium ?

Who remembers this:

Indians Rout Yankees 22-0

Let's go Mets!

The new stadium is beautiful. I loved Shea but Citifield is so nice it's hard to resist loving it. I just don't like how high that outfield wall is. I went to the first exhibition game there against the Red Sox. It was nice seeing the team at work. I'm feeling good about this season.

I'm hoping for a Rays vs. Mets World Series so that if I'm in the Disney College Program I can drive to a game. haha

It was announed in 1998 that Yankee Stadium's foundation was falling apart and that the stadium's foundation either had to be repaired or the yankees had to build a new stadium. And the yankees won last night by 5:cool1::cool1:

BTW, I think I just have to throw out there

Yankees have 26 world championships:) I dont think fans really care about one lost by 10 or 22

Brewers. Tim Lincecum may be one of the best pitchers, but one of the best offenses in the league is going to rock him.

Haha at the Brewers. Ben Sheets is the only legit pitcher on your staff. Pitching and defense is what wins championships, not a huge offense. I saw first hand what your huge offense can do against the Reds' #4 pitcher in Bronson Arroyo. One run. It just goes to show when the offense doesn't show up and you don't have pitching, you're going no where.

As for Shea, that was one terrible stadium. I went to three games last year and I hated it. It needed to be completely replaced.

My WS pick is easy. The Red Sox. Great combination of young and veteran hitting and a great pitching staff.

Haha at the Brewers. Ben Sheets is the only legit pitcher on your staff. Pitching and defense is what wins championships, not a huge offense. I saw first hand what your huge offense can do against the Reds' #4 pitcher in Bronson Arroyo. One run. It just goes to show when the offense doesn't show up and you don't have pitching, you're going no where.

As for Shea, that was one terrible stadium. I went to three games last year and I hated it. It needed to be completely replaced.

My WS pick is easy. The Red Sox. Great combination of young and veteran hitting and a great pitching staff.

Yeah...we aren't too hot so far. And about Sheets being the only legit pitcher on our staff, that's wrong. He isn't even on our staff... I would say Gallardo is semi-legit, but so far he's 1-1 with a 6.9 ERA.

Yeah...we aren't too hot so far. And about Sheets being the only legit pitcher on our staff, that's wrong. He isn't even on our staff... I would say Gallardo is semi-legit, but so far he's 1-1 with a 6.9 ERA.

I forgot he wasn't with you anymore.. So, no legit pitchers, with one prospect having nice potential [Gallardo]. A 21 year old pitcher isn't going to lead you anywhere come crunch-time. That's what I'm so worried about with Volquez and Cueto for the Reds. Gallardo pitched well against SF, but was an abomination against the Reds, one of the worst hitting teams in the NL.

Ditto.

Not if Beckett keeps getting suspended:rotfl:

Im gonna be rooting for the Mets, Phillies and Rays.

EDIT: I'm also very anti-RedSox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter