• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Villains After Hour Party

princessdi

LoveMeSomeWDW
I am going with my family in a few weeks and looked into the MK after hours party. HOLY CRAP?! 😳 For my husband, myself and two kids it is almost $650!? Whoa! Granted we have done these before, but I think it was right at $100 each so this price was a huge shock! Im guessing they are trying to cut the crowds by upping prices, but wow! Popcorn and coke doesnt even come vlose to evening out the price! Ok rant over.... i was justshocked!

Villains After Hours is the most expensive option in the Disney After Hours series of events - $145 per ticket, up from $139 per ticket to the first series of Villains After Hours last summer.

Regular MK Disney Afters is currently $129, up from $119 in 2017 when it was first introduced (I’m ignoring the more expensive 2016 limited run for discussion purposes).

AP and DVC discounts are available.

Thanks. Im still unsure if we will do it. Of course, if I KNEW big bad wolf would show i would!

We went in August - it was the last night for Villains. I kept debating because of the price (we are family of 4 as well) but we really did have a wonderful time, loved the stage show, rode everything we wanted and just enjoyed being in the park so late. It was a splurge for sure, but definitely worth it

Just my opinion, but these events are probably not really designed for your family... It is mostly adults (kids welcome, of course, and there ARE kids there, but there are not that many there compared to any other Disney event I have attended. Tweens and teens seem to love it though). It is expensive, and it is very late (ours is 10-1 am and unfortunately the next morning is our Studios day to try and get on Rise,lol).

I am going with my adult daughter, and there are other things at Disney not really aimed at our demographic either. We do them anyway if we really want to, as should you with this party.

We LOVE these events and are paying the premium price for VAH on our upcoming trip. Nothing like riding anything you want with little to no waits. We can get all of MK in with multiple rides on our favorites.

We LOVE these events and are paying the premium price for VAH on our upcoming trip. Nothing like riding anything you want with little to no waits. We can get all of MK in with multiple rides on our favorites.
That is the EXACT reason that we do these events. Being able to walk on to the rides is just great and not something that happens any longer with the EMH. Not to mention EMH are becoming more rare and more crowded. In saying that, there have been times we went to the after hours or morning magic events and it was crowded to the point I wondered if it was worth it. Once at MVMCP, it rained awful and was freezing. That money was wasted bc it was so bad and Disney didnt offer anything (it wasnt expected, but wouldve been nice). Riding slinky dog while getting pelted with cold rain was awful! lol A BOG CM gave us a FP for any ride in the next 7 days which was very kind.

Just my opinion, but these events are probably not really designed for your family... It is mostly adults (kids welcome, of course, and there ARE kids there, but there are not that many there compared to any other Disney event I have attended. Tweens and teens seem to love it though). It is expensive, and it is very late (ours is 10-1 am and unfortunately the next morning is our Studios day to try and get on Rise,lol).

I am going with my adult daughter, and there are other things at Disney not really aimed at our demographic either. We do them anyway if we really want to, as should you with this party.
You do bring up my husband’s issue. We go all out snd hard when at Disney. We hustle ya know to do as much as we can. Staying out late, getting back to BWI, then rousing for an early morning next day is the harder part.

I've attended multiple hard ticket events in the past, but we're skipping VAH this next trip. I think it's a neat concept, and I'm sure we'd enjoy it, it's just too much money really.

I think they're great for folks either on a short trip who want to do as much as possible even if it costs more money, or for someone who really wants to see the Villain special characters and shows. We're going for 10 days next trip though, so there's no pressure to do as much as we can like we would on a 4 or 5 day trip, and the cost even after our DVC discount for the tickets, is like 600 dollars, which is almost what I paid for airfare for the 4 of us to fly there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter