• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK view -- does it really matter

mom in 2005

Earning My Ears
Hi gang,

I am still thinking about an 08 disney trip and I think I really want to stay on site at a MK view hotel for the first few days, how much do people really see from the balconies at the Mk view hotels esp. the fireworks. I have a 3 yr. old and a dh and I really would love to be close to the MK for a few days for breaks during the day and I think having a fireworks view would be good if the little one can't stay up but is it really worth it? Thanks.

If you want the best possible Magic Kingdom view then you should try to get a reservation at the Contemporary, because they are the closest Resort to the Magic Kingdom and have the best view. Here is a photo of my families Magic Kingdom view from August 2006, when we were in room #4840 which is on the 12th floor.

IMG_0130.jpg

We stayed at Poly Concierge last December.
We watched the Christmas Wishes from our balcony one night and the music was even piped in over the beach.
It was a magical experience to be out there in the magic snacking on food from the lounge, enjoying a drink, and still knowing our beds were a few feet away and we wouldn't have to crush on the buses or monorail afterwards!

I agree that the fireworks view from the Poly beach, or from your room if you have a theme park view, are great! Of course, it's not the same as being in the parks, but there's nothing like sitting on your own patio watching & listening to the fireworks (especially the P&PP ones!).

And of course, the Contemporary would have a closer view, but no music from your balcony.

If you want the best possible Magic Kingdom view then you should try to get a reservation at the Contemporary, because they are the closest Resort to the Magic Kingdom and have the best view. Here is a photo of my families Magic Kingdom view from August 2006, when we were in room #4840 which is on the 12th floor.

IMG_0130.jpg

I don't know. I look at that picture and I see a parking lot with the castle in the background.

I think a better view can be had at the Poly with the lagoon in the foreground.

I would go with the Poly or GF, if I was the OP.

I don't know. I look at that picture and I see a parking lot with the castle in the background.

I think a better view can be had at the Poly with the lagoon in the foreground.

I would go with the Poly or GF, if I was the OP.
Honestly when looking at the Magic Kingdom view from the Contemporary you don't even notice the parking lot, because you won't be focusing on it. While that maybe your choice which I do respect, you also have to factor in getting a full Magic Kingdom view at the Contemporary compared to getting half or obstructed views at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

If you want a MK View from your room, the Contemporary is the best option. However, if you don't like the parking lot, close monorail, etc., the Polynesian is a close second for those reasons. :)

We stayed at the three monorail resorts in rooms that offered MK views this January and we had fantastic views of the MK at all three resorts. We all had a different favorite! If you can easily afford it then I would absolutely recommend it with a little one. Our 4 year old also gets tired in the evening after getting up so early in the morning and a busy day touring the parks. We thought it was wonderful to be able to watch the fireworks at night from the comfort of our own room - in our pajamas from our bed! We had a wonderful unobstructed view from all three resorts and each resort had a different "feel" to the experience. IMHO I would just choose my favorite resort theme and go with that. One tip - if you choose the GF, when you book your theme park view room/suite be sure to request a room with a "castle view" for the best view of the castle and fireworks. :goodvibes

...really want to stay on site at a MK view hotel ... how much do people really see from the balconies at the Mk view hotels esp. the fireworks. I have a 3 yr. old ...I really would love to be close to the MK ...I think having a fireworks view would be good if the little one can't stay up but is it really worth it?...
The worth factor is something you would need to answer. The resort theme is another factor along with the price. The view is another as PR is blended with the water. CR does include the parking lot (especially at night with the lights) and roof top views of MK buildings. GF is close but off to the side where the PR is straight on view. Balconies can be small and at the PR -2nd floor are without one. The Electric Water "Parade" is also a nice show to catch to at any of the monorail resorts.

Here are a few shots in my gallery of the fireworks from the PR and one inside the MK.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/73123

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter