MK today

Those long bag lines could be shortened if people would actually only have one person get in line with all the bags, pay attention and quit texting on your phone, get your bag open and unzipped, no strollers, and go on both sides of the tables. I got in a line last week where there were not two lines for each station and one woman was talking to her child in the stroller instead of putting her stuff on the table, so I went ahead of her. She shot off a glance - but seriously, there are hundreds of people behind you - get your stuff ready!! I learned to go to the line that had whole families in them because they usually only had one or two bags.

Agree!! Add to this the bags at the bottom of your stroller, yes they need to be searched :)
I have been seeing "small bag" lines in addition to the no bag lines this week as well.

The Unofficial Guide lists today as a 5 out of 10 at MK, let's see how that works out. Here are some selected level 5 peak wait times according to UG:
7DMT 75-116 min
BTMRR 40-65
Dumbo 21-39
HM 33-53
IASW 12-25
JC 36-55
PP 58-95
POTC 31-56
Space 49-91
WtP 33-45

Wow! I didn't know how bad a 5 could potentially suck! We usually go during predicted 5 times and we always have experienced wait times in the lower end of the range. Guess we we've been really lucky.

It looks like a Level 5 is accurate for today then (so far anyway), except at the high end of the range for virtually everything. It's still really early though.

We were a group of 6 - with a double stroller, and 4 bags - two people went with the two kids in the stroller through the no bag line - and two people went through with 2 bags each. As to the woman with a medical situation - there is no judgement on that - just the people that push a stroller with tons of stuff in it and there are two adults in the group and one could take the bags while the other takes the stroller and kid. We also had them stop the line for a person with a selfie-stick - not pull them out and move on, but call someone to come and check it instead of just taking it back out to his car. The lines move faster if people without bags are in them, but it makes the lines long and causes congestion.

The Unofficial Guide lists today as a 5 out of 10 at MK, let's see how that works out. Here are some selected level 5 peak wait times according to UG:
7DMT 75-116 min
BTMRR 40-65
Dumbo 21-39
HM 33-53
IASW 12-25
JC 36-55
PP 58-95
POTC 31-56
Space 49-91
WtP 33-45

Current posted wait times at 11:30 a.m.
7DMT 120 min
BTMRR 70
Dumbo 60
HM 75
IASW 40
JC 95
PP 135
POTC 50
Space 125
WtP closed

As you can see, all are significantly above a level 5. You can also see how FP+ does pull people from the major headliners into the lesser attractions thus causing their wait times to soar.

It will be inter
Current posted wait times at 11:30 a.m.
7DMT 120 min
BTMRR 70
Dumbo 60
HM 75
IASW 40
JC 95
PP 135
POTC 50
Space 125
WtP closed

As you can see, all are significantly above a level 5. You can also see how FP+ does pull people from the major headliners into the lesser attractions thus causing their wait times to soar.

There is a significant difference between posted wait times and expected wait times on WDW Lines for many rides. For example BTMRR is posted at 80 but expected at 49. I wonder which will prove to be more accurate. I hope the latter for the folks who are there.

It will be inter

There is a significant difference between posted wait times and expected wait times on WDW Lines for many rides. For example BTMRR is posted at 80 but expected at 49. I wonder which will prove to be more accurate. I hope the latter for the folks who are there.
Remember that on Lines the expected wait times are what the website expects if it's really a crowd level 5 for that day at that time. It's in no way based on actual wait times seen in the parks right now.

Remember that on Lines the expected wait times are what the website expects if it's really a crowd level 5 for that day at that time. It's in no way based on actual wait times seen in the parks right now.

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize that. When we were there two weeks ago, the expected wait times were pretty spot on, even though the Crowd estimate for the park was off, so I assumed they had some insider knowledge we didn't have! Maybe we were lucky again!

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize that. When we were there two weeks ago, the expected wait times were pretty spot on, even though the Crowd estimate for the park was off, so I assumed they had some insider knowledge we didn't have! Maybe we were lucky again!
On the Lines app there are actual wait times submitted from users using the timing feature. You tell it what ride your at, hit the start button when you enter the line, and then hit stop when you board the ride.

This is a very busy week for Disney, particularly the Magic Kingdom. Lots of people take this week off due to the short work week and school week, as well as Thanksgiving.
Mondays are also one of the busier MK days of the week as most people are just beginning their vacation week and usually hit MK first before the other parks.
Do MK on either a Tuesday or Wednesday this week. It will still be busy, but a little more manageable.
Avoid MK on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Friday the day after. It will be EXTREMELY crowded!

This week is probably the fourth busiest weeks of the year, behind only Christmas/New Years week, Presidents Day week, and 4th of July week.

You forgot Easter.

OH. MY. GOD. :guilty: i cannot believe the lines are that long...that is insane!! is it even worth it at that point to wait?! i will absolutely die if it is like this when we go before christmas.
Perspective is a funny thing. I haven't been to WDW since May 1997 when I was a senior in high school and those lines were typical for pretty much everything. I went annually as a kid and few rides were ever walk on. I remember waiting HOURS for Splash and Space Mountains. So, to me, these lines look normal. I guess we'll be pleasantly surprised?!

7DMT 75-116 min
BTMRR 40-65
Dumbo 21-39
HM 33-53
IASW 12-25
JC 36-55
PP 58-95
POTC 31-56
Space 49-91
WtP 33-45

That totally has to be a misprint. The TP website shows the following predictions for today:
Resort 6
MK 5
Epcot 9
DHS 4
AK 5

I just don't see how it's possible, except for something special like F&W, for one park to be so completely above the others. There is definitely something wrong with the software today.

That totally has to be a misprint. The TP website shows the following predictions for today:
Resort 6
MK 5
Epcot 9
DHS 4
AK 5

I just don't see how it's possible, except for something special like F&W, for one park to be so completely above the others. There is definitely something wrong with the software today.
They have been saying lately that crowds are no where near what has been expected. Last year some days that were a 1 or 2 were a 7 or higher this year.

Perspective is a funny thing. I haven't been to WDW since May 1997 when I was a senior in high school and those lines were typical for pretty much everything. I went annually as a kid and few rides were ever walk on. I remember waiting HOURS for Splash and Space Mountains. So, to me, these lines look normal. I guess we'll be pleasantly surprised?!

No Fast Pass back then. Now for every 2 people you see in those long winding lines, 8 people with a Fast Pass in a separate line will get to go in first. It's kind of a bummer when you're not the one with the Fast Pass, but great when you are!

AT MK this morning.......line for Space Mountain was backed up to about equal to buzz for stand by, TEN minutes after rope drop.

We were in MK yesterday. It was mobbed!! It was our last day so thank goodness we had already been on everything we really wanted to ride earlier in our trip. We had our FP for Anna and Elsa but what I found so interesting was whem we went to use it the posted standby for AE was 60 minutes, and standby wait for Cinderella/rapunzel was 100 minutes! We never got a fp for them, I figured we'd do standby after our Anna Elsa meet but my kids didn't want to wait that long.

The lines for Fp kiosks were like 12-20 people deep at each one. I walked right up to them earlier in week.

For me personally I could never ever spend a week in those crowds!

That being said, the weather yesterday was the most beautiful day...made it still enjoyable to be in the park, if the weather was extremely hot humid or rainy, I just don't know how anyone could stay!

Hopefully most of the large crowds won't be back so soon for Christmas, although I know it will still be super crowded. Maybe then it'll be more spaced out however

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter