• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK to Cape May via Monorail

wdwfan22

Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!
I will be spending the day in the MK, then have a 7:45 ADR for Cape May Cafe. I'm sure I could take a bus, but I don't have any days where I'm going from MK to Epcot, and I really love that monorail ride. If I ride it to Epcot, do they have a bus in front that goes to the Beach Club, or do I have to walk all the way through to IG and take a boat. It's my last full day after 9 days and I'm sure I won't want to do option 2. :rotfl2:

I will be spending the day in the MK, then have a 7:45 ADR for Cape May Cafe. I'm sure I could take a bus, but I don't have any days where I'm going from MK to Epcot, and I really love that monorail ride. If I ride it to Epcot, do they have a bus in front that goes to the Beach Club, or do I have to walk all the way through to IG and take a boat. It's my last full day after 9 days and I'm sure I won't want to do option 2. :rotfl2:
NO, there isn't a bus. You will have enter through the main entrance and walk through epcot (long walk). You will need a park hopper pass to do this. You do not have to take a boat from the IG. YOu can walk to the beach club. IT's a short walk from the IG

If time is a factor I would not do the monorail for cape may. This will take you about an hour while the bus ride is only about 10 minutes once you are on the bus. We actually did the monorail from MK to beach club a few days ago and we were very sorry. Also you have to enter epcot main entrance when you get off the monorail so that means your bats have to be searched. This took a LONG time at epcot last week. But have fun either way!

Yumm, Cape May. Our favorite WDW restaurant!! The quickest, easiest option is to take a bus from the MK to the Beach Club (20min). Otherwise you can take the Monorail to the TTC, then the EPCOT monorail then walk thru EPCOT to the IG and walk to the BC. The IG to BC is a quick 5 min walk, take the pathway by the canal for a shortcut.

My DD and I did this in reverse (kind of). We ate at Coral Reef and then wanted to hit MK for EMH 11-1AM. We left Coral Reef at 8:40, took the EPCOT monorail the TTC, then MK monorail. We hit main street at 35 min later.

no buses for the Beach Club for the capemay dinner. have t walk through Ecpot and out the back gate.
or you could take the monorail from MK to transportation center and get a bus here.

Not saying its efficient, but is there a bus from the front of Epcot over to HS? If so then you could take the boat the other way to get to BC, then get yourself some kind of transportation triathlon pin for the achievement.

Not saying its efficient, but is there a bus from the front of Epcot over to HS? If so then you could take the boat the other way to get to BC, then get yourself some kind of transportation triathlon pin for the achievement.
That is an option but you'll add at least 1 hour to the travel time :)

no buses for the Beach Club for the capemay dinner. have t walk through Ecpot and out the back gate.
or you could take the monorail from MK to transportation center and get a bus here.

Don't think so. The only Disney buses I know of that service the TTC go to either AK or DHS--none to resorts.

I guess I will have to find another time to take the monorail from MK to Epcot. We usually do this once for a dinner res in Epcot, but we are doing more resort dining this time since we are trying as many new restaurants as we can!

If time is a factor I would not do the monorail for cape may. This will take you about an hour while the bus ride is only about 10 minutes once you are on the bus. We actually did the monorail from MK to beach club a few days ago and we were very sorry. Also you have to enter epcot main entrance when you get off the monorail

so that means your bats have to be searched.

This took a LONG time at epcot last week. But have fun either way!

I hate to have my bats searched! (They are so squeamish, already!)

Regardless, yes, it is a very long walk from the Epcot monorail/front gates to the Beach Club.

Epcot-BC-to-Monor.jpg

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

Or you can just use the full loop earlier in the day as a nice break in your MK day. Ride to EPCOT, stay on, and take it back to TTC, then resort loop it to MK, stopping for ahem. . .beverages. . .along the way.

The only time there might be buses between Epcot or DHS and the Epcot resorts is when it's raining and the boats are down between Epcot's IG and DHS.

Many trips the only time I ride the monorail is after Illuminations. The crowds for the bus are huge, so we hop on the monorail, ride roundtrip to TTC, and by the time we're done the buses are much less crowded.

I guess I will have to find another time to take the monorail from MK to Epcot. We usually do this once for a dinner res in Epcot, but we are doing more resort dining this time since we are trying as many new restaurants as we can!

It is a bit of a walk but I do it all the time when staying at the Epcot resorts. If you have your heart set on riding the monorail I would do it. Plus there is nothing wrong with a leisurely stroll through Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter