• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK till 2 AM?

MeggP

Mouseketeer
If I'm reading my chart right one of the evenings of memorial day Weekend the MK will be open till 2 am (close at 11pm but PM EMH). So has anyone else experienced this? Wondering if it will be less crowded...my teens might want to check it out.

MeggP

I have been at MK during EMH until 4:00AM on Dec. 30th. It is still pretty crowded until about 3:30. This is an extremely busy week though. I have been to EMH at the MK until 1:00 AM on other occassions and while it was more crowded then I thought it would be, I still could get alot done.

But be prepared to sleep in the next morning.
Have a good trip!

we were there in Feb - pres week and that sunday (19th) was open til 3am - we were there until about 1 and the lines were not that bad. . . maybe because it was a change over day and most people arriving on Sunday didn't know about EMH?...

Being night-owls from a different time zone we LOVE the evening EMH. We even used to pay extra back when they were called E-nights (or something similar). We've made it to very few early mornings over the years... and those were back in my commando days.

I've done this 3 times now-- 2x in June and once this March, and with the exception of Peter Pan, pretty much everything was a short, 10-20 minute wait max. Some things like Small World, Stitch, and the like we just walked on. Come to think of it, I believe this time I saw longer lines for character greetings by the Partners statue during EMH than I did at 80% of the rides... :rotfl2:

Wow waitng on line at 1 am. Back in the day when DW and I would do E-nights MK would be a ghost town. We would walk onto space mountain. Get off and do it again. We sat in the hub right by the statue of Walt & Mickey alone. E-nights were the best $10 investment going.

This is my first memory of WDW. My family took me when I was a child in 85'. It was Easter week. The one thing I remember about the trip was being able to stay up so late. It was around 2am and I was getting on the HM. I wish I could give you more recent advice but my body is sleeping at that time NOW!!! However it was like we were in the park by ourselves then.
Thanks for bring up the memory for me though.

I twas awesome I remember walking down Main street with all the buildings light up, The Castle lite and beautiful and there may have been about a 1/2 dozen people besides us from one end to the other. I have some great photo's from that night, it was in either 1985 or 1987. I am not sure if I would stay up until 2AM anymore, my internal alarm goes off every morning by 4:45 am no matter what time I go to bed, my DW would be calling me by at least 2 of the dwarf's names before mid day (sleepy and grumpy)

Hey this is my 800 post :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We did EMH at the MK until 3 am on 4/23. . . . . I'm not sure how I did it physically, but somehow me, my DH and our 4 year old son had a blast. :) Everything was very short waits, except Peter Pan (lol) until about 1:30 or 2 then EVERYTHING was walk on. Not any special weekend or anything though, so memorial day weekend might be busier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter