MK shoot CD for UK brides

lt90

Mouseketeer
After reading many threads about MK shoots people seem to be told different things regarding the high-res CD for UK brides. So does anyone know for sure if the CD is included in the $1100 (or whatever theprice is now)? Some people seem to have this included and some seem to pay extra :confused3
I will be getting married September 2012 if that makes a difference!!
TIA!!

I may be wrong as a MK shoot was never something that interested me so I never researched it thoroughly, but I THINK that for UK brides you get the CD in place of the album and prints. As I say, I may be wrong though!!!

Hi,
i have spoken to dara from disney photography and we are on the wishes collection and getting the enchanted rose photography package and she said the cd is $1100 but that would include mk shoot also and any pictures we have taken of wedding and any other portrait sessions we have. She also said we could swap things about for example if we didnt want all the albums we could use the credit toward the cd etc. Hope this helps

It used to be that UK Escape brides got a free hi res CD of images, however, I recall that Disney have since changed this and request extra payment for the CD. I *THINK* I read a post from lurkyloo confirming this but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Lurkyloo are you out there?

Correct—back in the day, Disney gave UK Escape brides their images on disc as part of the Escape package. Whether or not that was hi-res (good for printing sizes up to 8x12) or archival (up to 30x40) we'd have to have confirmed by a bride who got one. UK Wishes brides never got the disc for free.

Now, Disney gives a "proof disc" to all Escape brides, regardless of where they live, with images that are only suitable for emailing, not printing. However, you can add the archival disc different ways for different costs (the cheapest is to give up all the prints and albums and pay $350 for the archival disc). If you do an MK bridal portrait session, those images can be added to the disc at no charge.

Again, this is just for people buying the Escape wedding package. If you're doing a Wishes wedding, it's a completely different set of rules and prices.

Correct—back in the day, Disney gave UK Escape brides their images on disc as part of the Escape package. Whether or not that was hi-res (good for printing sizes up to 8x12) or archival (up to 30x40) we'd have to have confirmed by a bride who got one. UK Wishes brides never got the disc for free.

Now, Disney gives a "proof disc" to all Escape brides, regardless of where they live, with images that are only suitable for emailing, not printing. However, you can add the archival disc different ways for different costs (the cheapest is to give up all the prints and albums and pay $350 for the archival disc). If you do an MK bridal portrait session, those images can be added to the disc at no charge.

Again, this is just for people buying the Escape wedding package. If you're doing a Wishes wedding, it's a completely different set of rules and prices.

:worship: Carrie it's almost scary (in an awe inspiring way) how you swoop in when your name is mentioned. You need some kind of super hero name.

The disc I got in November 2010 is high res, or at least I think it is! I've had several prints from my MK session printed both in photobooks and as single prints and they look fine.

:rotfl:

Oh, I was all over this thread as soon as I saw the title! This stuff can be sooooo confusing, and I try to share as much info as I have to help out.

Glad to know you've had no trouble making prints. Out of curiosity, do you recall the largest size you're able to make before the software tells you the photo isn't high enough resolution?

:rotfl:

Oh, I was all over this thread as soon as I saw the title! This stuff can be sooooo confusing, and I try to share as much info as I have to help out.

Glad to know you've had no trouble making prints. Out of curiosity, do you recall the largest size you're able to make before the software tells you the photo isn't high enough resolution?

I still think a super hero name would be cool. :cool1:

As for print sized I know I've printed in 8 x 10inch and I used a MK shoot photograph for a full page of an A4 photo book with no problems.

I was married in December 2010 and was a UK escape bride and my disk was also hi res, I have used it for photobooks etc also and also for slideshow on a big screen at my at home reception.

Shame they have changed the rules (again!:lmao:)

We got married in may and requested the cd when we originally booked our escape wedding. I dont think they now do it for free. The sent us a disk with high res pics on that can only print to a4 size. I had to ask them to send them in a large format as we wanted A2 prints done. They did send us a more higher res disk but to be honest you could probably get away with the smaller disk if you use photobucket.

When we got engaged at WDW in 2009 - we did an epcot shoot - and we got a free high res disk... High enough res that I was able to zoom in AND print a photo on a 100x40cm canvas..... it's pretty dam big - and did not lose any quality...

Now as an escape bride - we have to pay extra for a high res dvd... And because we are using an outside photographer for our main photographer, we have had the low res/prood dvd removed from the package - even though I asked them if there would be any issues having an outside photographer, and the only thing the planner said is some photogs wont let the disney photog take pics too - and if they do - disney will just do non posed casual pics.... no mention of any part of my package being reduced until after I had booked and paid.... grrrr...

So despite all my arguing - my telling them last time we got the DVD and i was told when I booked the wedding I would - and I know other people have - they would not give in.... I ended up getting a cinderella package upgrade as it includes a dvd - and it was the same price as buying the dvd...

ALSO THOUGH - when you get the DVD - there are two resolutions of thier "high res" one is $750 and the other $1000 - so make sure you ask which one they are giving you... The cheaper only prints to 8x10'

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter