MK rope drop advice

Yellow Sub

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

It's our first time going to WDW next week, and we'll be with our two kids (both preschoolers) and my elderly parents. We'll visit different parks each day, but the Big Day will be MK on Jan 4. If we want to get there at rope drop to see the train and characters come in, when should we get there? Where should we stand? Any other rope-drop advice?

We'll be using a touring plan for most of the day, FWIW.

Thanks!

If I'm doing Rope Drop I like to be there 20-30 minutes before park opening. Find a spot where you can see the train station (not too close to the entrance beneath the tracks) In January, RD isn't as crowded as, say, July or Christmas week, but it's still nice for Dumbo. Make sure you go there first, then grab a FP for Peter Pan or Pooh.

The park opens at 9 am, the opening show should start about 15 minutes before that. If you are staying on site, you will want to leave your hotel no later than 8 am (I would say 7:40 or so) to make sure you catch your bus, make it through security and line up to wait for the train. You can get some nice pictures while you are waiting. If you bring your breakfast, you can eat while you are waiting too.

2010_04230023.jpg

You stand where you can watch the train come in. Here is a little video of the opening ceremony when I was there.

Just beware that your child understand that this is not the time to actually meet the characters. Once they open the park, head on back to Fantasyland for Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter