• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Railroad schedule around Afternoon Parade

Susa

Earning My Ears
I have read that the WDW Railroad in the MK does not run during the afternoon parade. I have also read that it does run during the afternoon parade, but not during the fireworks in the evening. Could someone please clarify this?

Also, if it is delayed during the afternoon parade, does anyone know at what time it resumes running?

thanks for your help

We were this last month and the train ran during the parade. We rode it around MK twice and when we got off, we caught the very end of the parade.

The trains run roughly every 7 minutes all day long. The train does not run at dark so you will not find the train running during the fireworks.

Thanks for letting me know - I was hoping to hop on it right after the parade (hopefully it's not too busy to do that).

The trains run roughly every 7 minutes all day long. The train does not run at dark so you will not find the train running during the fireworks.

I've been on the train, in the dark, on more than one occasion. But depending on the time of year, it could be dark much earlier than the fireworks. I do know that it does not run during the fireworks though or for a time beforehand, as we were once at the back of the park and wanted to get out of the park before the fireworks started to beat the crowd, and we weren't able to get on the train. I'm not sure how long they close it before the fireworks, though.

It runs all day during the daylight hours and is one of the absolute best ways to take a quick break.
We always used it to get from Splash over to Space. Granted we had to get off at toon town and walk but it was still better than crossing the park. Guess we won't have that option soon though.

1) It stops running at the parade start.
2) Once the parade passes, it starts again.
3) It is halted for about 15-17 minutes.

Thanks for letting me know - I was hoping to hop on it right after the parade (hopefully it's not too busy to do that).
Depending on the parade, you could watch it from the platform at the train station. It's only an inconvenience if you park yourself on the train at the beginning of the parade.

At least by watching the parade from up there, you'll be close to the train to load up when the parade is over.

1) It stops running at the parade start.
2) Once the parade passes, it starts again.
3) It is halted for about 15-17 minutes.

1) Not necessarily at the "start time."
(If it did stop at the start time for parades entering at the front of the park, the train would not be running for at least 30+ minutes.)

They stop the trains as soon as the parade nears the exit point (near Splash Mountain) as just after the parade leaves the street, it crosses the RR track.

2) Yes. Once they stop the trains, they must wait for the entire parade to cross the tracks, which takes...

3) yes, about 15-17 minutes.

The timing of this reverses if the parade begins back near Splash Mountain.
In that case, they do stop the trains at the beginning of the parade and restart the RR after the last parade until crosses safely over the RR Tracks near Splash Mtn.
The "Party" Parades (MNSSHP and MVMCP) begin back near Splash Mountain, and on certain days, the 3 O'Clock Parade MIGHT begin there (although on most days it runs from front-to-back, like the evening lighted parade.)

MK-FL-S_Parade_092409.gif

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Oh thank you so much for all your information. I was planning on watching the parade from the upper platform of the train station (I know I need to get to this spot at least 30-45 min. before the parade). I figured that we would be so tired of standing that a nice ride around or even just sitting and waiting on the train would be a relief. Also, I'm thinking that maybe once the train completes a full circut and comes back to the station, that Main Street may have thinned out a little more and may be a little more enjoyable to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter